Carnival / passport card vs passport book; refund

1 Paterson, NJ, United States

My family planned a trip to Cuba on September 26 th. Before the cruise, Carnival sent me an email to register for the cruise. While registering, Carnival allow me and gave me the option to use either a Passport card or Passport card. While continuing to register, I submitted my daughters Passport card not to my knowledge that it wasn't going to be accepted to enter the cruise ship on the day of the cruise. We had to travel from New Jersey to Tampa, Fl to take the cruise. When entering the terminal, they withheld my daughter from entering and turned her away without no explanation. I asked the representative the reason and she stated that the card wasn't accepted and she had to leave the terminal. I asked to speak to supervisor but she denied to speak to us. There were two other guests to happened to carry the card instead do the to book and was also turned away. I contacted guest solutions and Beth was no help at all. She twisted the situation around and made it seem as if was my fault and my travel agent. Just for your information, Carnival website has nothing to do with either of us but the problem of Carnival. She stated, "What do you us to do, change our website?" Does Carnival teach their employees ethics and customer service? We work very hard to go on a trip, it wasn't given to us especially a 20 year old who was left in Tampa by herself because I wasn't able to afford airline ticket back home. The cruise was worse since I spent most of time crying for my daughter and I went to all routes on the cruise, they chose to brush me off even hotel supervisor.
The resolution that I am seeking: a refund for the cruise.
* most importantly, update the website were it blocks the option of the Passport card.
*A "warning" when traveling to Cuba, you are not permitted to use a Passport card.

Na