[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / thief. carnival hold and lost my kid's souvenir purchased during port visit and did nothing about it.

Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

During debarkation, I tried to retrieve a hold souvenir my kid purchased during progresso port visit. The guest service staff by the name of aaron so told me that my hold item was lost and nothing he can do about it. That sounded very unusual to me, so I took my camera and asked him again so I could have it on record. He then threatened me by calling security. I am still not sure why since I just needed to have what he said on record because I don't believe that is carnival policy telling their guest that there's nothing carnival can do given my item was lost while on hold by carnival.
Instead of helping me, aaron so tried to intimidate me the over and over again by calling security more than once, and at one point a security personnel asked him why he was needed. Aaron so used rude language and pointing his hand at my face in a threatening manor more than once. I was very frustrating and upsetting because of his unprofessional and ill manor. Fortunately, there was a supervisor walked by and he has helped me to open a case. He also provided me with aaron's last name so I could report this incident by filling a complaint. They never contacted me about my lost souvenir. I will never use carnival again. They are thief.

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Jun 21, 2017

Thank you for sharing Cantho Divang’s comments with us.

We’re truly sorry that they experienced problems in reclaiming their souvenir item. Those are absolutely not the kind of memories we ever want our guests to take home with them. We work hard to make the information about what items aren’t permitted on board available, so our guests will be able to plan accordingly, and I apologize that the wires got crossed this time.

We’ll be happy to look into this situation, but unfortunately, I’m not able to locate their records based on the information provided. In order to address the issues, we ask that the guest contact us directly at [protected]@carnival.com, and share their booking number, if they have it available, or their full name as it appeared on the booking, the name of the ship, and the date on which they sailed. Once we have that information, we’ll be happy to look into the matter further and get back to them.

The situations described here aren’t typical of what a Carnival cruise has to offer, and we look forward to hearing from the guest and to addressing these issues.

Sincerely,

Guest Care Specialist
    Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |
    800-929-6400
    [protected]@carnival.com

Ca
Jun 19, 2017

Comments

• Be
      Jun 20, 2017

Why didn't you have the souvenir with you in the first place? I don't understand why the cruise line was holding your child's souvenir to begin with. An you state that you tried to retrieve it during debarkation. When did you stop in that port to begin with? How long had they been holding the item. As a frequent cruise passenger I sense something very off about your entire story.