[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Linesreceiving a refund

On Jan. 8th we were scheduled to leave on the Carnival Vista out of Miami. The Northeast had a snow storm come up the East coast which in turn cancelled my 1st flight. I rebooked on another flight into a different airport with a different airline and that flight was also cancelled due to no flight attendents. I tried everything to get to Miami and make our Cruise but was not successful. I requested a refund or credit while on the phone cancelling my cruise with Carnival but had no success. I would appreciate any help trying to get a refund or a credit for a future Cruise. I am a repeat customer with Carnival as this would have been our 7th cruise with them. This was a Sweet 16 celebration for our daughter. Booking # 2VW0S3. I did get back port charges and taxes but the 2, 386.00 cruise fee is what I am requesting.

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Jan 10, 2017

We are sorry to hear of the circumstances that lead to your family missing your scheduled cruise aboard the Carnival Vista. It is for reasons such as these that we offer Vacation Protection plan as a safeguard to protect you against potential losses of this nature for possible reimbursement. In conjunction with the Vacation Protection Plan, if your claim is denied for any reason Carnival offers the credit card holder 75% of the penalty as a future cruise credit.

We show you were advised you may contact [protected]@carnival.com for further review however you must include documentation from the airlines showing your flights were cancelled for consideration of a cruise credit but no refund. Please note there is no guarantee that anything will be offered.

Guest Administration