[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / deposit and booking
I am a multiple cruise customer of Carnival. My wife and I booked a May 2018 Alaska Cruise and paid the promotional Deposit rate (about half of the normal deposit). Today I was notified that our cruise was cancelled because the ship would be dry docked in that period. No problem I thought. I will just re book for a later cruise. Carnival was glad to do that, AS LONG AS WE PAID AN ADDITIONAL $500 deposit!!! As they should have never booked that cruise in the first place AND it was in no way a fault of ours the cruise was cancelled they should honor the promotional deposit we already paid on a re booked cruise (just two weeks later!). They refused to do so and demanded the additional deposit to book the two week later cruise. I was a loyal customer of Carnival but no longer!!! They don't care about there customers at all!!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Aug 09, 2016
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Mr. Weber’s complaint.
Designing memorable trips is at the heart of our business, and we’re keenly aware that people choose one cruise over another because of the varied itineraries. We know a cruise is something planned carefully and look forward to with much anticipation. So, we are very sorry for any disappointment the cancellation has caused due to the ship going into dry-dock. Obviously, canceling a sailing is something we never do lightly.
Please be advised we are not protection rates or promotions previously booked. We are offering a full refund for the money paid and guests have the option to book another future cruise with us. Our team is standing by to assist with re-booking a new vacation. We invite them to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to assist them further. Our Service Department can be reached at 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70355.
Once again, we apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.
More Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Carnival Cruise Lines - purchase jewelry through approved store 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - unhealthy air 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - terrible experience 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - fraud and cheating 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Line - hell experience from cruise - on board crime 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - carnival sensation - january 7 to 12 2017 - caribbean cruise 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - overpaying for gratuities and changing the itinerary
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - the ship sunshine
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - poor services to a disabled senior citizen 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - fun shop