Carnival Cruise Lines / customer service/ overall experience

Galveston, TX, United States

Started off by having there computer system not saving our check in times together, had 3 family members checking in at the time we chose, and 2 of us checking in 3 hours later. When we attempted to check in(phone support told my wife it wouldn't be an issue) we were not allowed through, my wife went looking for management and I stayed in line to hold our place and watch the kids. I was told to move too the back of the line, I refused, security was brought in to arrest me. My wife found an employee that actually had some common sense, we were escorted through the line, checked in but security made us dump our water bottles, IT'S WATER!!! We would have drank it while waiting to board, 1.5 hours trying to entertain kids. Once on board, the food selections were VERY limited and redundant. Our adjoining rooms had a bathroom door that wouldn't latch. Several days our rooms and bathrooms smelled of raw sewage. Our room was right above the ships "bar", the music till 2 am made sleep scarce, might be great info to warn people about. Several of the elevators smelled like a dirty restaurant dumpster. The one show we wanted to attend onboard was cancelled after we sat in the theater waiting 45 minutes for it to start. Our final 2 days were at sea and the entire open deck area on 10, 11 and 12 smelled of sewage so strongly that I nearly gagged. And finally, the activities available on the open decks were closed far more than open. Between the food, lack of professionalism by terminal staff and the beyond obnoxious cruise director, this was our second and final cruise with Carnival!

Da