Carnival Cruise Lines / cruise

1 Miami, Floridamiami, United States

I booked the new grand deck on the elation for 2-5-18 sail date. BIG mistake. The new rooms and decor were beautiful however almost impossible to get to. I spent a large portion of my trip just waiting on one elevator to get to deck 14. One was broken the whole trip and happened to be the same one that was broken on the sane ship a year earlier when we sailed. There is no other way to deck 14 other than stairs which I am unable to climb. Thats just the beginning. Carnival service has declined to the point that i would rather pay more on any other line. Our stateroom was never cleaned 2 out of 5 days, dirty dishes left, no soap all week ( used our own) had to beg to get ice etc. We were not able to use the dining room all week due to long lines! At least 30 minutes wait every night so we tried tge tiffany restaurant. Another big mistake. The food was not good. The salad bars stayed empty, and the once amazing desserts were frozen, sliced cakes leaving a lot to be desired. We settled for pizza that once again you had to wait a long time. The only good thing was the guys hamburgers but came with a long wait also. We bought a shore excursion to atlantis. Although beautiful, the experience was awful. We were cattle driven to buses, herded into them, dropped off with no idea what to do and left to figure it out. After waiting another 30 minutes at guest services to ask for help we we told to call customer service after we got home as there was nothing they could do! This was my 9th cruise and each time it has gone down hill. I will call tomorrow and see if carnival truly even cares.

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Feb 13, 2018

Good afternoon:

I believe that this is a duplicate to the post you added on February 11, 2018; but in the event you do not see the response there, we have listed it for you here as well:

While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your cabin and the décor, we regret to learn of the unfortunate circumstances you were met with onboard and appreciate an opportunity to be of assistance. In order for us to better understand your position regarding this matter, we respectfully request that you contact our Guest Care Department. At that time, a file can be created for you and the matters can be reviewed in detail. When placing your call, please be prepared to give your full name and have your booking number handy. We do not recommend you adding personal information to a public forum. Our corporation does not own or maintain this website.

For your convenience, a representative can be reached directly by dialing toll-free: 1-800-929-6400, or locally at: 1-305-599-2600, extension 76400. Our team members are looking forward to speaking with you. Please also note the department’s hours of operation, which are: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

We're confident your concerns will be handled expeditiously.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Line

• Updated by Debbie 40, Feb 13, 2018

I did call customer service and was exactly right. They do not care. I was offered a 25 dollar on board crefit towards my next cruise. That was insulting. I spent over $ 2300 on this cruise including fare, excursions, drinks etc and was told "we dont give any refunds" You wont have to bother with us again!

De