Capitalone / late fee charges

7736 Main Street , Kew Gardens,Ny 11367
Kew Gardens
Sir, Madam,

On February 17, 2009, I contavted Capital one Bank to have my membership waived .I was asked to pay and that I have a late fee added to my membership.

I mentiooned them that i did not activate my credit card because I refuse to pay .

I ask him that in this case I am closing my credit card account.

The gentleman insisted that I have to pay anyway. I mentionned that they were advertising ther product with no fee.

On March I receive a statment showing that my membership was waived but I 've to pay the late fee.

I don't understand why I've to pay late fee for a waived membership.

I do not know where to turn for help specially after receiving a statment showing that I have to pay $15.00 more for late fee.

The total amount now is $30.47 ( $15.00 for the late fee for my waived membership+$15.00 for late fee for the first non payed late fee.

I will appreciate your help for this matter .

Mohamed Damdami

credt card account # ####

N  14th of Oct, 2008 by

Capitalone - Paypment Protection Plan

I was charged the Payment Protection Plan, when I never agreed to sign up for it. I called in on Sept. 13th 2008 to speak to a representative and they kept insisting that I agreed. I have been paying for a feature which I never wanted, and this was only brought to my attention because I went over the limit on my last statement, even though I sent in my payment.
N  11th of Jan, 2009 by

Capitalone - Customer service rep refused to answer questions

Last Saturday--1.3.09--I called CapitalOne regarding letter sent that said their team was ready to offer options for improving the existing my account with a personal guarantee to:
--earn more miles or points or cash rewards than currently earned
--improve other features of account
--lower the APR
I spoke to Maria to explain to me if I were able to lower my APR--then what would it be? She refused to answer. I asked for a supervisor and Maria hung up on me. She called back and put me in touch with a supervisor who also refused to answer my question. She also terminated the call. I still don't hve the answer to my questions because when CapitalOne doesn't want to answer--they just hang up. I pay an annual fee for this service which I will not do anymore. CapitalOne does not participate in giving out information regarding your payment history either.
N  5th of Mar, 2009 by

Capitalone - Can't Close Account
New York

I closed my CapitalOne credit card 3 years ago. Every year i get a bill for my membership fee of $39. Every year I call and tell them I don't owe them money because I've already canceled the card. Every year they tell me they didn't close the card because there is a dispute on charges. The dispute in charges they are referring to is me protesting paying the membership fee from the year before. This is a seemingly endless annual cycle.
A  3rd of May, 2009 by
I have tried for fifteen years - 15 years - to be rid of Capitol One - with no success. Every late fee payment means another late fee - regardless of how quickly the last late fee is paid.

I used my card three times in 1994 for a grand total of $125. Over the course of nine months I paid over $500 - nearly all in late fees.

Today, in 2009 - my phone rings no fewer than four times a day from a collection agency that wants to collect on unpaid late fees dating over 15 years. This is despite the account being paid in full - over and over again - and despite no correspondance from Capitol One - save applications for new credit card accounts - in over 10 years.

This is an out of control company that seeks profits from extortion, lies, and deciet.
A  18th of Jun, 2009 by
They will Harass you and charge you for it.My Lawyer told me not to answer the phone and in time they will give up.But he didn't say how much time, LOL. They filed a small claims case for 4 times the amount of my card limit and I agreed to pay them five dollars a month, and I will, at least until I move and leave no forwarding address.
N  30th of May, 2012 by

Capitalone - Can't Close Account
Phone: 6467704948

I asked to close the card, i had to speak with 3 reps but finally i did it.

3 weekslater i discovered it was not yet closed ! I did the whole nasty procedure again
And now they need 2 months to send back my secure deposit