Canadian Tire / poor customer service
My mother and I went to Canadian tire on Tuesday, November 29, 2016. She was helping me buy a toaster and a garbage bin for my new apartment.
The toaster I picked out was on sale, but when I checked it out on the self-service checkout, it registered as the normal price ($50). We then both had to wait for at least 25 minutes while someone would help us with a price check, simply because the store was so understaffed.
I understand that companies have an interest in using self-service checkout machines, but when you replace humans by machines you are not only taking away thousands of jobs from people, but you are also providing a much lesser quality of service for customers. Especially around this time of the year when stores are very busy during the holidays, I found it strange that there was only one Canadian Tire employee dealing with all of the customers at the tills.
I am not seeking any resolution to this issue, but I wanted to express my frustration that customers are being penalized on multiple levels for stores like Canadian Tire choosing to invest in machines rather than people.
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire Emissions Inspection - e test 
- Canadian Tire - return
- Canadian Tire - parts and service
- Canadian Tire - damange to engine auto repair 
- Canadian Tire Store - filthy public washroom