Canadian Tire / cheap bike

After only having a bike for a month several items were not working; brakes, gears, handle bars loose, paint peeling, and many other things, took the bike in to get repaired and they said it was because we were to rough on the bike. Then they did fix it and when we brought it home there were other problems that did not exsist until they had it. And I also got charged for labour for them to fix something I only had for 1 month. So I took it back again the same day to get other problems fixed and said I just want it returned, and of coarse they said it was policy not to return any bikes, so my advice to others is to buy your bike at a store that a warranty policy you know is going to work. I will never buy another bike from Canadian Tire!

We

Comments

• Ke
      30th of Jul, 2008

My 14 year old spent his own hard earned money on a new bike from Canadian Tire at the end of May. Four days later the pedals were falling off and the the chain was squeeking. We took it back and the cutomer service department wanted us to leave it with them for a week for repairs. My husband said that he was not leaving the store without a new bike. He got the new bike after about an hour of arguing. Two weeks later the bikes chain broke and the gears would not work. We took this one in for repairs. I have talked to several staff and management who all reply, "we're waiting for parts, we'll call you when it is finished". - and - no one ever calls. It is now the end of July and my 14 year old is out his $279.00 and still has no bike to ride for the summer. We will never, never, never, buy from Canadian Tire again, and, will discourage anyone else from doing so. Were did customer satisfaction go?

• We
      30th of Jul, 2008

I totally agree I will never purchase another bike from Canadian Tire as well.

• Wo
      12th of Aug, 2008

Well Kelli your husband is just a dick now isn't he, you can't wait a week for repairs. You know that they dont just put everybody out of the way that is waiting for a bike repair also. OH MY GOD IT'S KELLI quickly everybody else doesn't matter fix it and tell everybody else to go away. Get off your high horse and, if I ever ran into your husband and he said that to me I would just have the police drag him out.

• As
      6th of Apr, 2011

In the last 5 years I've bought 3-4 bikes at Canadian Tire, but I will never buy another one. My current bike is a cheap mountain bike, cost $99.99. I know with such an inexpensive bike you can't expect stellar quality, but I noticed a problem with the front brake and the gear shifting on the same day I bought it. There is NO EXCUSE for this, for a brand new bike to have these problems, because it's 100% the fault of whoever built it. Canadian Tire puts no pride into the products they assemble, they just throw them together and put them out on the sales floor, whether or not they're put together properly or not.

If you don't believe me, just take a look at the bikes they are selling. A large number of them have obvious problems like brakes not working well, gears slipping, wheels wobbling, handlebars or seat not tightened... ALL OF THESE THINGS should not be happening if they took the time to build and adjust them properly before putting them out in the store. CT is a joke, and the next bike I buy will be a more expensive one at a proper bike shop that takes pride in their products, not another piece of garbage from Canadian Tire.