Canada Post / undeliverable mail

1 Canada Review updated:

I made an online purchase which was mailed (Express post) to me using canada post. My package instead went to the 'undeliverable' mail office, who knows where that is... I got no answer form anyone form canada post because I was not the sender, they had my address on file, and yet no one could tell me why the item was deemed undeliverable. What’s most disturbing is; if canada post deems a package undeliverable they can sell it and pocket the cash…that’s just wrong, especially since they make it impossible to make a claim. I am so dissatisfied with how this was handled by canada post I will go out of my way to avoid using them in the future!!!

Ty

Comments

• My
      20th of Jul, 2010

absolutely canada post has done the same to me too and i believe its some employees who dont wanna take time to find the address and instead find it easy to just say undeliverable unless you live in some dangerous areas it is becoming common place and that should be stopped to otherwise a very efficent company give credit where due ok

• Vy
      18th of Feb, 2011

I live in Toronto and the _registered_ parcel from EU reached Mississauga Postal Facility in September, but never reached me. Customer service would not talk to me as I am not the sender.
    There is a Facebook page for CPC failures http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canada-Post-Fail-we-demand-accountability/152229818166902?sk=wall . If we join forces we may be able to press on them eventually. Meanwhile it's easy for them to brush off the individual complaints.

• Un
      5th of Apr, 2012

I made an online purchase too on eBay and I was was out of town when the shipment arrived. It was kept at the local post office for a couple of weeks and just one before I returned home to claim it, they sent it back to the undeliverable mail office. Now when I call canadapost, the rep tells me that I cannot claim it back and the sender must contact their local postal agency to redirect it to my address. I made the purchase from a company in Hongkong, so its a waste of time and money if the parcel makes two trips back and forth. Canadapost should come up with a better process to hold parcels a little longer and allow for the recipient to claim it with proper identification.

• Fe
      19th of Dec, 2012

I have sent two pieces of mail in the past few months both to government department in Victoria BC and neither one has ever reached it's destination. I phoned Canada Post today and got absolutely no help from them what so ever.They got blasted by me and I told them they were F... Useless. I asked them to put me through to the undeliverable dept they cannot do that as the have no direct line to them. The service I received today was deplorable.

• Ke
      13th of Jan, 2015

I have to tell you that my mail has been stolen or not I feel no ones being real for their work in details for percentage work why pick on me I asked the worker and he said he didn t care how muich m ail I had or a long time ago I asked a m ail man the same question why isn t it coming in to my address he told me to put the appartmeant #315 wiich is mine I always put my number on the return address behind the letters I send and one of the mail m an said I don t care where your mail is its supposed to have your return address on it or I don t care even if your address is on it I won t deliver it still and I don t like you it s been 245 days without some small amounts of mail missing about 37 other mailing say less or more now I think your talking or speaking my language I wish you would let my m ail be returned to me very soon next time tomorrow I will or I will phone your office and tell you my addresses I need by return my name is KEVIN STRICKLAND I LIVE AT 747 PAISLEY ROAD WEST #315 GUELPH ONTARIO N1K -0A2 PHONE # IS (519) 763-0178 [email protected]

• Ro
      8th of Dec, 2016

I USED TO DELEIVER PAPERS THE k-w record a long time a go I know what its like the post man was always a post worker first was way back when tom sawyer painted the white house with old fashioned paint glue and water or some godly ones of them created envelopes out or into outside or inside the swave move goltum or clacked the air with these fine words like paper and pulp like they garunteed slack slip due fine pass a loss class a lot stashed and stacked stash before slash made envelopes started mail for a meaning behind the first post man were where at the trains for service time after time it s like sending the mail like a telegram was always there from the heavenly masters for reassure ability or a long belated message now a days people need to respect the kind people men and women properly and affectionately like the work is absoulutely usually the letters sent were meant to be by a system for payment on the stamps are for how much it cost to travel a pay a duty price on the stamp costed 2 to 3 to4 to 5 cents and the workers got paid 16 dollars a day and a year 5 hundred and 10 and 5 thousand imaidgine what this is like some people will know better maybe if you wanted to these days a lot more came by on one of those dates it took 10 20 and 30 for the hire my name is kevin Strickland I now live at 161 markwood drive K-w Ontario n2m-2h3 the same happnned to me no delivery for over 400 to 600 days to these address I wish to be surprized by a good deal in the mail to by now

• Jm
      21st of Sep, 2017

They lost a package with an incredibly sentimental, but low cost item. Filed a report, but nobody ever contacted me back, even after repeated efforts to get a resolution.

FYI, they are authorized to open and sell the contents of any "undeliverable" mail . If it's not deemed valuable, it is destroyed. So there isn't much incentive for them to put any effort into finding any identifying information.