Burlington Coat Factory Direct Corporation / refund/return policy

1 Savannah, GA, United States

Yesterday, I went back to Burlington located at the Savannah Mall in hopes of receiving a refund for a dress that I purchased back in March. I am aware of the 30 day refund policy so I was content on receiving a store credit instead of the actual cash back. However, they claimed since it had been more than 3 months since I had purchased the dress and apparently the price had been marked down, the amount I would only be able to receive back would be some $8 and change although I paid $20 for the dress and still had the original receipt.
I don't live on this side of town and the dress had literally been sitting in my closet in the same Burlington bag from the day I purchased it back in March. It was just recently for an event that I went to go put the dress on when I noticed the security tag/sensor was still on it. I don't believe it's fair that one of your stores' employee was so incompetent that she left the security tag on the dress which prevented me from being able to wear it in the first place. As a result, she not only ruined the plans I had for wearing this dress for a special occasion but because of it I can't even get a store credit for the original amount I paid. Since, I did not agree and want to receive $8 back for returning the dress, I told them just to remove the security tag and I would keep it although I no longer need the dress anymore. I hope Burlington does a better job of training their employees to remove sensors as this was extremely an inconvenience for me.

Je