Burger King Corporation - Miami, FL / twisted meaning slogan

Burger King Corporation
5505 Blue Lagoon Dr.
Miami, FL 33126

Burger King continues to make its own definition of what have it your way means. Yes you read that right. Since the 1970's you could order your whopper with extra mayonnaise cut in half. Due to internal reasons not really know it seems the company changed its policy based on my first inquiry because of an employee injury. Their insurance companies threaten increased insurance cost if the practice of cutting was not stopped. There solution was to offer a knife to customers to cut there own. I suggested they try to find a piece of equipment which could cut it safely. Making it an employee and customer win situation. I guess they forgot who holds them in business. After two years from my direct complaint. They continued the practice and advertising. After my second inquiry thru the Better Business Bureau why they continue to advertise 'Have it your way' and they had made no changes to meet their advertising slogan. Their written response to me was. 'Have it your way' means the addition or deletion of condiments on their products. Of course we knew that is what 'Have it your way' means, Right? To further insult me they included a free Whooper card redeemable at any Burger King with the words on the bottom of the card. 'Have It your Way'. I say to Burger King either give it to us our way as it has been the tradition of Burger King for years or stop using the slogan with a twisted meaning to suite your needs.

Bo

Comments

Ad
  15th of Aug, 2007

Is this really all you have to complain about? Get over yourself. There are far better uses of your time.

Fr
  11th of Jul, 2008

My son is an employee of a BK in Omaha, Ne. He has had his own store for a year and a half. The BK corporation has purchased all BK's in Omaha. They told my son this coming Wed 7-16-08 will be his last day. 8 yrs. ago he had a felony for drug use. He has been a changed man and has done BK good. Hard working, trustworthy but I guess they don't believe in giving him a chance. I hope burger king and their small mind set will see this and think about giving someone a chance on his good work record...

Ro

Bowtie :

Cut you're sandwich in half? Are you serious? Get a life.

Ro

Frieda,

Are you sure this is why they're letting him go? Check your facts and then if your son can, have him sue for discrimination.

Not saying your son is a bad guy anymore, but unless you go to work with him and sit there with him, you don't know how good his work really is, other than what he tells you.

BK has rules and regs. My question is, did he franchise the BK he was working in? He was the owner? How can they let the owner go? They have to buy him out. Your story is a little "fish sandwichy".

Cw
  14th of Oct, 2008

We live in Port Charlotte FL. There are 2 Burger Kings that are franchise owned by someone named Mohamed, one on Kings Hwy and one in North Port which is the next town over. My kids wanted to change out there UNOPENED toys for a different one that they got from a different Burger King, first we stopped at the one in North Port as we were passing by that one and one of the assistant managers gave us a hard time about changing the toys they said we had to talk to the owner Mohamed because they didn't have that toy at that particular time, well my kids pick to eat Burger King when they see a certain toy advertise that they want and when I take them they don't always have the toy they wanted so they keep them unopened so they can trade them out when we get the opportunity to. McDonalds has never given us a hard time about changing an unopened toy, yet these two Burger Kings have. I went to the one on Kings Hwy today after work to change them out and Mohammed was there himself he would not do it, what happened to pleasing the customer especially the kids. My daughter left from the one in North Port upset. It's only toys how can you upset kids like that, they are the reason we go there to begin with. In the future I WILL NOT VISIT THESE BURGER KINGS AND WILL TELL AS MANY PEOPLE AS I CAN NOT TO VISIT THESE BURGER KINGS. In a time like this when the economy isn't so good its clear to see that McDonalds and Wendys will be the better choice.