Burger King β€” poisoned food!

B Review updated:

My daughter ate lunch yesterday at the Burger King on North Avenue in Melrose Park, IL. After a few hours she became violently ill with symptoms including stomach pain, nausea, diahrea, vomiting, dizziness, etc. This lasted for about 10 hours. She had the Italian Chicken sandwich at Burger King. Someone needs to take a closer look into how the food is prepared and handled in this restaurant.

Jul 24, 2007

Tell me about it! :-/ I'm actually googling burger king food poisoning. Yesterday, I had a 2 Whoppers (I was hungry :-X lol), and now (14 hours later) I'm vomitting, getting dizzy, having diarrhea, having stomach pain, and not to sound disgusting or anything but i'm literally ### myself lol... like my ### is so friggen watery that it literally just comes out. It really isn't funny because I just feel like complete ###, but I really totally agree with you. The one thing that I do know is that I'm going back on my blood diet, and staying away from Burger King... You really can't trust meat anymore, I rather just stay away from it altogether, and just eat chicken.

Jul 31, 2007

I work at Dairy Queen, and the only thing I tolerate now is a chocolate hake from here. Everything else I just don't feel like eating, bcuz I've made them so much that I get tired of it. I also suggest not getting our hot dogs and BBQ sandwiches. We've had the same bag of breads for about 2 weeks each. I don't even know how old the chili sauce and the pork sauce are.

We all should pretty much remember that no fast food is 100% safe. Like it was said in Austin Powers:

No. 2: Do you gamble Mr. Powers?
    Austin: Everytime I eat out.

Feb 07, 2008

I am not trying to sound rude by any means, but I am food Safety certified, and food poisoning takes at least 24 hours to show up. I just wanted to put that out there because a lot of people look at what they just ate, instead of what they ate 24 hours ago. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense I didn't believe it at first either, butthere are studies to confirm it.

• D
      Oct 30, 2019

@T Standiford I'm in NY State. I also need to help a friend get certified as an instructor for food safety. Any idea about a first step?

•   Oct 30, 2019

@D.E. Stanulevich-DiLeo He's probably retired now!

Apr 10, 2008

I just had an experience with Burger King last night...it grossed me out more than anything. I ordered 2 of their new "BBQ Bacon chicken tender crisps" and they took AT LEAST 10-15 minutes to get it to me IN THE DRIVE THRU! Then when I got home, my boyfriend and I turned off the lights and ate our sandwiches while watching a movie...he was almost done with his sandwich when I saw him spitting his food into the wrapper. The chicken was RAW. I mean RAW, not just a little pink. The outside and breading was cooked, but under that it might as well have just walked right out of the coop and into my bag of food. I had already eaten almost half of mine, and through the mayo, bbq sauce, tomatoes, bacon, lettuce and all the other crap they pile on there, I couldn't even taste that it was undercooked...or hardly cooked I should say.

I, of course, got my money back. It's too early to tell if we'll get sick yet, but I threw up last night and this morning, probably just because I KNOW I ate raw chicken, and that's nasty.I got the number to the corporate office. I'll be having a talk with them. No more Burger King for me.

Oh, and be careful when biting into pepperoncini's from Papa John's pizza. I used to eat those until I bit into it to find a caterpiller one day. Gross...I think I'll just eat at home from now on, at least I know my food will be thoroughly cooked and worm free.

Sep 15, 2008

My family ate at the BK in Kramer's Junction, CA on the way home from Las Vegas. I can't remember being this ill. My son at mac-n-cheese so I think he was spared. My wife and I both ate burgers. We were both ill from ends of the body. I will never eat at a BK ever again.

Sep 15, 2008

Oh, and they messed me order up and the cashier dropped the "f" bomb right in front of all the customers.

• L
      Oct 15, 2008

I ate 2 BK hambergers that were cold for 4 hrs. I thought they would be OK to eat. I became very ill. What in the world is in meat these days?

• D
      Mar 28, 2009

My girlfriend just picked up BK, i got a classic chicken sandwich and ate half of it, i noticed a weird raw taste and looked at it, and it was raw, im gagging right now and I hope I dont get freakn sick

• B
      Apr 25, 2009

WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC. Got sick at a Burger King in North Hampton, MA (on Rte 5 King St) on the way home from hiking in Vermont. Had a double whopper with fries. The next night, (about 27 hours after consumption) I felt dizzy. Went to bed. The next morning, I woke up and thought I had the flu. Had bad stomach cramps. Severe constipation. Couldn't ### all day. Had chills, sweats, couldn't stop shaking. Monday, was the same. The cramps were unbearable but I couldn't ###. Tuesday was getting ridiculous. Had to take a day off from school/work. Tried excess fiber, constipation pills you name it. BIG MISTAKE! Tuesday night 10:00 PM= explosive diarrhea. On the freakin' toilet all night and all day Wed. Woke up Thurs and was back to normal. Very odd illness. Salmonella, Noro virus, Staph Poison? IDK. Ate there on Friday April 20, 2007. Hate to point fingers but I must admit, BK's record is against them.

Aug 23, 2009

You know, anybody who is stooo-pid enough to eat at Burger King should be worried about the long term impact of this food. the vomiting is the best thing that ever happened to you. It not only purges the poisoned food from your body, it is a WARNING sign. Wake up you idiots.

• S
      Feb 08, 2010

I ate at Burger King in Aurora, IL and became so violently ill about 15 hours after eating. I have been sick now for almost 3 days. Didn't know which end to hang over the toilet, and most of the time had a bucket while I was on the toilet. Scary when you see these kids behind the counter preparing our food. What kind of food preparation training do they really receive? I for one have learned my lesson, never again.

• N
      Jul 19, 2010

My husband and I both were served Tendercrisp Chicken sandwhiches on 7-16-10 from a B.K. Resteraunt in Northern Illinois. Half way through his he noticed it was chewy, he looked and it was raw. I looked at mine and thankfully I'd only had a couple bites, but mine was raw too. We both got sick with the normal food poisening symptoms but it looks like we'll live. Still waiting to hear from corporate.

Jul 25, 2010

i was food poison july23, 10 at burger king at 925 barrett pkwy i ate a whopper jr, fries, coke, when i got home i was vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, diahrea etc.

Jul 25, 2010

i sent 4 complaints what is the problem

• U
      Nov 15, 2010

yall dumb as hell comment on this lame [censor] [censor] and the top comment u a nasty [censor] dirty [censor] [censor] tht [censor] aint funny u nasty hoe [censor] as nikkah

Jan 21, 2011

I and my Girl friend and daughter ate at Burger King and I bought their buy 1 get 1 free Chicken Sand-which right after consuming their 1 and half sandwich I began to feel sharp cramp's in my stomach and was sick as a dog for 5 day's went to the Doctor and contacted Burger King and now with their insurance all I'm getting is a run around !!! good luck with the insurance and a Lawyer their all hand and hand!!!

Apr 29, 2011

Food poisoning can occur within 30 minutes~ not 24 hrs or awhile as others have posted. Do your research before posting. Check emedicinehealth under food poisoning as just one of many references. http://www.emedicinehealth.com/food_poisoning/page3_em.htm

Nov 30, 2012

My wife took my 7 year old son to BK last night around 6:30 pm.
    She ordered him a cheeseburger. Within 3 hours he violently threw up everywhere.
    He now has severe diarrhea as well. At 4 am he had another episode of the same. He has not eaten or drank anything all day. He has only had a few ice chips. He is still under the weather - 24 hours later.
    We will not be going to the Burger King again beside Dallas Christian School!

• L
      Mar 11, 2013

Me and My Nepwhew Where traveling and we came to burger king, He had some French toast sticks And there were 2 other people in car, I didnt get anything, After a few Minutes He was vommiting and Had diahera, Everyone else who had burger king got sick, Me who didnt was perfectly Fine.

May 22, 2013

My wife and I both had a whopper at Burger King the other day. We both got diarrhea later. This is the second time I had diarrhea having food from Burger King. The first was a few years ago. The whopper tastes good. It was my favorite. Unfortunately, I hesitate to take it again. Are there sanity problems preparing the food? This is becoming a public health hazard.

• N
      Apr 26, 2014

i visited burger king this morning before work, ordered me a chicken egg and chs crossaint..got to work and bit into a raw chicken sandwich..pissed i was!!! i open the sandwich up and there is a piece of hair in my egg as well!!! this is so gross and i will NEVER eat at bk again!!! How can you serve uncooked chicken???? i attached a picture and hope you can view it...ughhhhhh

Aug 15, 2014

Ugh.. Just had Burger King with my brothers family yesterday and sick as a dog today. Sil is sick as well. Brother hasn't woken up yet to say how he's feeling. Daughter got sick directly after it.. I think these fast food restaurants are run by terrorist and are trying to poison the American people!

• A
      Jan 29, 2015

My one year old daughter and i had burger king chicken nuggets last night and the left overs today bith times we both threw up and running a fever. I will never order from them again.

Jul 09, 2015

You're more likely to get food poisoning from your own cooking than you are at a chain restaurant. Food poisoning needs to be conformed by a medical test, and as another individual has pointed out it takes a good long time for food poisoning to show up (12-24 hours, not thirty minutes as a rather incorrect poster tried to claim). People often assume that they're sick from food poisoning from the restaurant they just ate at a few hours prior, and not what the had for breakfast that morning or dinner the previous evening in their own home. ("I'm really careful at home when I make dinner, there is no way I made my own family sick!")

People will falsely believe that it had to be the cheap burger/taco/pizza joint making bad food, yet they had left the chicken they ate for dinner the day before out on the counter to defrost (Salmonella!). Had eggs over easy for breakfast? Salmonella again. Went to the supermarket, then ran other errands afterwards, leaving that pack of hamburger sitting in your trunk for a few hours? E-Coli! Stopped at that local organic farm for some fresh, wholesome fruits and veggies? E-Coli, salmonella or listeria! Nice Caesar salad at that fancy restaurant last night? The one with the homemade Caesar dressing? Salmonella yet again!

Did you see the recall notice posted at your local supermarket's service desk regarding the food contamination alert? You know the one for the can of soup you used to baste that roast last night? The one for the sour cream you put on your potato or taco? The contaminated cake mix? No?

The last poster states his daughter was sick that day and everyone else in his household the next day and blames it on the food they had for lunch. If they had been to the doctor and had the proper tests to determine the cause, they would have probably found out that the daughter had given every one in the house the flu which had been incubating in her system for several days before hand and spread to the rest of the family in the succeeding days. I 'll bet you every sing person in this and other boards stories are pretty much the same.

If you don't believe me, call your local health department. Check Wikipedia, the USDA's foodsafety.com, WebMD or the Mayo Clinic websites. You'll find out that a good portion of what makes you sick is not what you thought it was.

Jan 03, 2016

Omg went to Bk @ 12pm got a #2 man o man... Been on the @&_itter since 2am back& forth... Im so πŸ˜•.. Watery poop! Like gushing out... Im pissed... Never will i eat at a cheap as drive threw again..

Jan 12, 2018

@Minneapolis612 How about that...your grammar has the [censor] as well.

Feb 02, 2016

Yes, food poisoning can affect an individual within a half hour. The "expert" on here saying it takes 24 hours has noclue what he's talking about.

I too had an issue recently at burger king in Bath ME. I bought a strawberry shake and bacon double cheeseburger. Within 3 hours, I had the squirts. Three hours after that I felt dizzy and yaked in the toilet. I'll never eat that junk again. If you think those kids at fast food restaurants give a damned about you, you're smoking something good. They could care less about your well-being. You need to start taking that into your own hands.

Apr 23, 2016

Pleases provide evidence that supports your claim that food poisoning can occur in less than an hour, beyond your anecdotal statements. I supplied mine, backing up my statements and claims with hard evidence and facts.

Here is my evidence, again, for those too lazy to actually do the research

Jun 28, 2019

@Mr. JB Your “evidence “ Is literally irrelevant bc none of us can view the evidence and I googled It and I have evidence of my own πŸ˜‚

Jun 28, 2019

@Ky πŸ‘ŒπŸ» https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/food-poisoning/symptoms-causes/syc-20356230

• H
      Dec 03, 2016

I do not know about all these claims about food poisoning, but I have been witness to employees NOT cooking food according to cook times that are specified. There is a reason for all this though, and it is the unreasonable demands of those managing the burger king and the owners. They expect everything to be perfect, and should be done faster than humanly possible, and so do unreasonable customers. I am sure there are many people who complain at these places who have no idea what those employees have to do on that minimum wage job. If you ever eat in a Burger King, just watch the cashier who took your order and might have even filled it for you. Well, after she or he does all that, they have to go out into the dining room and clean all the tables, sweep, mop if it needs it, clean up the drink center, make sure there are straws and everything stocked over there for her rude customers, and then make sure the bathrooms are clean. And if you ever notice that monitor over the drive thru, it is timing the person who is taking orders in that drive thru. They are expected to not let a customer be in that window more than 45 seconds, although some of the time, they are having to take the orders, fix the drinks, take the money, fill the orders. Next time you want to complain about how long it takes your order to be ready, think about those people who are having to do all this alone. The people who are trying to make the food who are being rushed and getting their hours cut because they are "slow". Burger King does not treat their employees well, and there are many who work hard in those places, and actually do care about their job.

Jan 12, 2018

Barbara Hazlett: Food poisoning takes about 24 hours for its symptoms to rear their ugly little heads. So, unless your daughter had Burger King the previous night as well, chances are that it was your beans 'n franks that caused your daughter to spend the night on the [censor] with the squirts. Poor girl...what kind of mother poisons her own little girl and then throws blame at Burger King? You monster!

Jun 28, 2019

@Cleetus R. Lipschitz πŸ˜‚ no mother gets their kid sick on purpose so shut the hell up and she blamed bk bc It’s true we all have had the same experience including me just yesterday, I’m dealing with the same [censored]ing problem and Idc what you say It’s irrelevant and I have proof like they do that It can take just a few shorts hours for It to take affect. Deal with It and stop being an ass. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/food-poisoning/symptoms-causes/syc-20356230

•   Jul 14, 2019

@Ky πŸ‘ŒπŸ» You mean there's no such thing as Munchausen by proxy?

And it's obvious you have spent no time in the south Bronx where parents actually push their children out into traffic!

Jul 14, 2019

@Um is not an answer! This has nothing to do with it πŸ˜‚ but ok whatever

•   Jul 14, 2019

@Ky πŸ‘ŒπŸ» You said that no mother gets their kid sick in purpose. I came back with not only Munchausen by proxy but also the new form of WTF: purposely shoving your kid into oncoming traffic so you can sue the crap out of the driver AND get a GoFundMe campaign! The shoving into the street didn't become a thing until the invention of GoFundMe.

But whatever. Aa long as you continue to live in your perfect little Leave it to Beaver world.

Jul 14, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Um ok, I don’t live in a [censored]ing beaver world I just didn’t understand what the hell u said πŸ˜‚ but ok whatever

•   Jul 16, 2019

@Ky πŸ‘ŒπŸ» You don't understand because I use things like punctuation.

•   Jul 16, 2019

@Ky πŸ‘ŒπŸ» You are just a ray of sunshine, aren't you? What he is saying is not "you poisoned your kid", but you poisoned your kid AND blamed it on another establishment. Any fool can see that.

But ok πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚

Jul 16, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Whatever [censored] πŸ˜‚ He explained what he meant don’t need you to either. Matter of the fact Is she blamed burger king because It did happen there, a bunch of us are literally on here because of It regardless any of you believe It or not. A bunch of us got sick after eating their food so yeah we’re blaming them for a reason, we didn’t all just conveniently get sick on our own from their food πŸ˜‚

Jul 16, 2019

@Um is not an answer! I’m not a [censored]ing fool lmao, It wasn’t clear what he meant thats why others asked as well πŸ˜‚ so go screw yourself

Jun 07, 2019

Ate at this Burger King: 918 E Bloomingdale Ave, Brandon, FL 33511... and the place was disgusting! Tables not wiped, sticky and nasty! We should have left, this was our first clue. Instead we ordered 2 Whoppers with fries and me and my husband both tasted a metallic taste or maybe it was moldy meat taste, something was off and we both tasted it! When we got home we had violent hurling and bowls and this went on for hours! We knew it was from this establishment so we thought it would be best to warn others so they don't get sick too.

• S
      Jul 16, 2019

I'm eating BK as I read these comments. So far my stomach is all good.

Dec 05, 2019

My husband and I both had a whopper at BK around 1pm today, after about 5-6 hours I started feeling extremely nauseous and had a terribly migraine headache so I went to bed early. 12 hours after consumption we both we violently ill from both ends, diarrhea was like a water jet.., must have gotten sick about 6 times so far and still feel extremely ill with painful stomach cramps and sore kidneys. It's not the food we had before as we hadn't eaten anything at least 18 hours prior nor do we always eat the same foods on a regular basis. I also made pasta for my young children today after we adults had it before picking them up from school and they aren't sick... And just for arguments sake, I practice healthy food preparation practices and no one has ever been ill from my cooking, not in the 30 odd years of I've been cooking, and I do all the cooking at home. Btw for those of you who think that it's impossible due to your so called research on food poisoning, I'm an RHN and every single person on this planet is biochemically different from each other, you can't claim a study to be set in stone because of this diversity. It's also a known fact that your body will purge things at a much faster rate than digestion if it feels the need to, due to bacterial infection for instance. Some people digest within the average time span of 18-24 hours but many have an accelerated track. If I eat kiwi for instance, within a few hours it's already passed through my bowels cuz I'll see the million undigested seeds etc. Same goes for corn or any other digested foods. I also found that the healthier someone eats, the quicker the response time will be when foreign food and bacteria come into contact with our immune system.

Fact is BK is very unsanitary and uneducated, half the people working there look like they are on something, most are teenagers.. But the biggest issue is where all these fast food outlets get their products from and are they really 100% food based... Not likely. Take Little ceasar's pizza for intance, I know there's something wrong with what they make it with because I end up with a lung infection every time I ate there. McDonald's has the least digestible meat (which btw is 100% beef there company name and not the actual product) and I feel like I'll have a heart attack the instant I eat their food it's so salty. Greco is like eating a pound of grease with each bite you take.. I could go one but the fact is home cooking is probably the only way you'll stay healthy, with obvious food choices. But the healthy restaurants you should be weary of as well, I've been served rotten or moldy veggies on multiple occasion at fancier vegan or vegetarian outlets and restaurants as well.. Trust your gut guys.

Dec 05, 2019

@Rhnv Just an FYI, ginger kills gastroenteritis bacteria amongst other things, if you want a quick way out of the sickness, put some fresh or ground ginger root in hot water and drink it. You'll feel mild better faster, I usually squeeze half a lemon in it as well.

@Rhnv FYI. It's not even 7am in NYC no

•   Dec 05, 2019

@Um is not an answer! -w so where the hell were you that this happened at 1pm TODAY??? You posted this "an hour ago" so you make no sense.

Coca cola SYRUP (or flat cola soda) I believe works better for simple gastro troubles. The problem with ginger is the spice in general is just too intense to ingest when you don't feel well. The easiest way to consume it is through ginger ale but the bubbles irritate the stomach walls which is already doing somersaults.

Dec 05, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Yes it was 6:30am when I quote it because I haven't slept all night and I thought I'd find out where I got sick from and came across this post... Does it matter what time it is? Honestly the whole world doesn't revolve around a single time zone...

Dec 05, 2019

@Um is not an answer! I used to go for flat soft drinks especially ginger ale when I was younger but now that I know what's actually in soda, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole ... As far as the strength of ginger, just dilute it more or don't add as much to begin with. I freeze mine and just grate it as needed, it seems less intense in flavour after its been frozen a while. Anyway I too some hour ago for the first time and expelling from either ends stopped since and I'm almost back to normal, now I just have to wait for the soreness from vomiting to go away.

@Rhnv You lied. So yes.

•   Dec 05, 2019

@Rhnv Really??? What American writes flavoUr???

•   Dec 05, 2019

I didn't even say it regarding a SINGLE time zone, i. mentioned EST because thTs the latest time zone in USA, which is where you are located. So yeah I like to notice the BS.