BSNL / Landline feasibility, broad band

1 India Review updated:

I am a BSNL customer since long back, recently I shifted my residence from JP Nagar II Phase to Raghuvanahalli, Kanakapura road which comes under Talghattapura telephone exchange. My landline got shifted to new residence, but I was given a fixed WLL phone, the reason BSNL said is no feasibility for landlie, this is something strange reason as there is a feasibility around 500 too 600 ft to my house, more over am I living in some where remote are or in Bangalore so called hi tech city, silicon city, IT capital of India. This is something BSNL should regret to say the strange reasons as the other operators are already have the feasibility and they are operating in our area and they are ready provide the services to me. I spoke to Divisional engineer of JP Nagar Mr. Jaiswal & Talghattapura exchange and they are not able to tell me when they can provide me a landline, the problem is I am looking for a broadband and without landline I can't get the broandband service. I even sent a mail to area manager and but no response, I asked them if you are not provide the same let me know so that I can go to other providers but they are not able to.

Comments

Ba
  22nd of May, 2008

For a decent survival in these competetive times BSNL will have to re- gearup and revamp its working . To start with, this public concern will have to change its existing ruling mentality to service mentality. Perhaps every individual of BSNL, who draws salary from Indian tax payers' exchequer, needs the indoctrination that he or she now no more serves the British Crown. Every public servant is supposed to sreve, not rule, the Indian public. Only LAW must be allowed to rule.
I am an old user of BSNL phone (0120-2691873), and now a broad band user also. No fortnight has passed without causing heart burns due to problems connected with broad band seavices. Problems are removed only when I approach the CGM, Shri Chandrahas, seemingly a man of great capacity to hear complaints, without any air of superiority, arrogance or annoyance.
On March 31, 2008 I had applied to change my broadband/telephone services to COMBO PLAN. My request was entertained, and my phone was admitted to the said hyped plan, the COMBO PLAN of BSNL. I expected to get my telephone bill for April according to that plan. I was shocked to note that the bill for April was not as per the said plan. The commercial officer politely told me that eventually my request had been cancelled due to certain administrative reasons, and hence I am not entitled to avail the facilities of the Combo Plan. My many days of several complaints with BSNL officers having gone in vain I had to tell the case to CGM shri Chandrahas.I am sure, he will look into the problem, and remove the anomaly. Am I entitled as a user to ask the top brass of BSNL why the Combo Plan has been denied to me? Why a consumer should be discouraged, and compelled to jettison the BSNL services and adopt some private source? Is it true that private service providers are playing the game of causing perpetual discouragement to BSNL users ? Has the complete BSNL become vulnerable to the game of the private service providers? Is it not the time when all public services related departments like BSNL should be disbanded and replaced with private parties? Public will get then more attention of government on subjects related with governance .
With regards