British Airways / missing bags!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

My bag has been missing since December 29th 2006, when I checked in to a British Airways flight to Copenhagen.

Up to now no-one from British Airways has been able to offer any information at all on the whereabouts of my bag, or any vague suggestion of if/when I can expect it to be returned.

The “dedicated” baggage helpline has not been accepting calls for at least 2 weeks and I’ve been reliably informed by a member of staff in the BA Customer Relations team that the online Worldwide Baggage Tracer is no longer being updated.

The average waiting time to get through to the Customer Relations team is at least one hour, and although quite helpful and generally sympathetic they apparently have not received any updates on the baggage situation since the start of January.

Now due to the threat of strike action, Customer Relations are no longer taking calls either...

So, what do I do?? Someone please help!

Comments

2nd of Apr, 2007

Unbelievably true... I had my luggage delayed about three weeks during Christmas 2006, filed a claim (can't wear the same underwear for three weeks) and am still waiting for a response. All I want to know is which way my claim is going. I don't even get the pleasure of a phone call. We are now in April 2007!!! Last time I fly BA, I urge all to do the same.

• Gr
      10th of Apr, 2007

This complain is related to my Mother in law passenger of flight 2027 on December 17th 2006 from London to Houston.

British Airways lost one baggage due to a baggage transporter in London as I was told. The reason for this complain is that I have received zero customer service from British. To start It was not any representative from BA to help my mother in law in the airport that date or any one to file the claim. After three hours delay for mother in law to come out from the baggage area. Imagine that she does not speak any English and she is also need help moving area due to her age. I had put a request for help due to her age but I guess BA decided not to provide any. After many hours that she was looking around and she was trying to communicate or get any help unsuccessfully she walked out and she told us about the problem.

I started to look for a BA representative and after two to three additional hours of frustration I was able to communicate with someone that told me ‘We do not have anyone currently, your claim number will be IAHBA47774 and we will call you tomorrow with an update.

After few days and after receiving zero response from BA I was able to locate someone and I was told that the baggage was on its way to the house. Next day I found out that BA delivered the wrong baggage. They are so incompetent that they can not read a tag. Yes the bag had a tag with different name. I called BA and I was told that UPS will come pick up the bag and they were going to call me with an update. Of course I received no phone calls back or any update status. I am not surprised anymore from BA.

I filled the claim (I had to use some forms from Internet since BA never mail any forms to me), then I received a letter asking for receipts for my expenses. I mailed my recent expenses to BA for items that my mother in law had to purchased to Chevelle Burton in Jackson Heights NY. Again no response. I was able to find a phone number and talk with someone. After few days I got a new email with a new person Beverly Bernard and with a new case number 5127355. They ask again for receipts. When I tried to communicate again with Jackson Heights NY I was given a new phone number in Atlanta now (404-736-1062).

I believe BA does not plan to provide any customer service and simply move me around from non existing person to another non existing person. It has been the worst experience that I ever had with any airline company.

Sincerely,

Greg Kokarakis
    For Tetyana Smernova

• Me
      30th of Jun, 2007

On my flight from South Africa to London on 28/06/07, BA misplaced my baggage. I was given a reference number, supplied them with my contact details and address for delivery but to date I have heard absolutely nothing from them. I have tried to contact them but the phone either keeps me on hold for an hour with no answer or says 'we are experiencing high call volumes at this stage, please call back later.' I have been wearing the same clothes for 3 days now and feel appalled and disgusted that an airline which is geared toward customer service and satisfaction can treat a customer in such a degrading manner. On a holiday, not every person has extra money to buy clothes, toiletries and make-up (especially to the standard that I am used to).

I in good faith entrusted my baggage to a reputable carrier who has treated me in an off hand and careless manner. I want remuneration for my loss but what would even be better is to just get my own bag back untampered with.