Bravofly / unethical behaviour

3/8a Balgownie Road, Fairy Meadow, New South Wales, Australia

I booked five return tickets last October for myself and my family to New Zealand from Sydney to travel from 13th - 20th January 2016 (booking ID [protected]). A few weeks later my sister in law was told by work that she could no longer take the time off, so my sister said she will take her place and come on the trip. Upon calling Bravofly (which took 5 calls within Australia to get through to anyone) they informed me that they would have to check with the airlines to figure out whether changes could be made on the ticket. Everything was fine up until this point, and I awaited an email from them to tell me the outcome. A week later and I had not heard from them. I called again, and they told me they would try the airlines again. Another week passed. This went on 3 more times before I got told they couldn't change the name and I would have to get a refund on the ticket in order to rebook using my sister's name. This happened after customer service representatives hung up on me twice (for no reason- I was not being rude nor aggressive). I was also only going to receive less than half of the money back on the ticket price. Another week passed before they sent me an email asking me which option I preferred for my refund (money put back on my credit card, or a voucher). I selected voucher and received an email back saying that the refund has been confirmed and I would shortly receive discount code details to rebook. This was on the 24.12.15. Yesterday, the 4.1.16, after not being able to get in contact with anyone from Bravofly for the past week, I called and they said I would receive my discount code details by today. I haven't received anything. Called again today at 1pm and they said I would receive it this afternoon. We fly out next Wednesday and my sister still has no ticket, nor have I received a refund. It's been over a month since I called to change the name on the ticket and now the prices have increased significantly. I'm not impressed at all and require immediate action with the full amount to be refunded by tomorrow. Bravofly does not offer a complaints section on their website, nor an ombudsman in Australia to contact.

Re