Bookit.com / misleading website

1 Boone, NC, United States Review updated:

I had been searching for a great flight to New Orleans when I found Bookit.com. I found a flight at a good price and typed in all of my info including my credit card information and hit enter. The page went blank then a notice in red appeared saying that Airlines change flight prices and times frequently and that I should start my search again. So, I went back to the main page, re-typed my search criteria and the flight I had wanted was no longer available. So, I went to Orbitz.com and found the exact flight I wanted and reserved it. Then I checked my e-mail and found that Bookit.com had confirmed my flight.
I called and let them know about the glitch and to cancel my flight. First they told me that all flights were non-refundable and non-transferable and then they said it would cost me $100 per ticket. The tickets were only $200 a piece so that is a 50% cancellation fee for a website that wasn't working right in the first place.
Do not use them. Their customer service rep was rude and sarcastic. Their website did not let me know in any way that I had succeeded in my transaction. The website was misleading and customer service was a joke.

Li

Comments

• Su
      11th of Aug, 2008

I agree. I can confirm that the customer service representatives have very little knowledge of the travel industry. The training that is provided is the biggest joke I have ever seen. Quite some time ago I worked in that department and received a day, not a full day, of training and put on the phones. Basically was told the guests were out of luck once they booked online with us. Even if there was a computer glitch, I was told to tell the caller that they probably had multiple internet sessions open. I was very torn about the policies and procedures of this company. As I questioned some of the policies, I was then told my performance did not meet expectations. Not sure what the expectations were since no one, including all levels of management, never met with me to tell me what I was doing that was not acceptable.

I would not recommend anyone use this company to book a vacation. I've seen first hand how they cheat their customers and it isn't right at all. Some of the issues that I encountered in my time there have been turned over for further investigation.

Saving money isn't worth the hassle you'll later experience with Bookit.com!!!