Booking.comhotel booking

I am a Canadian consumer. I booked a one night stay at Vdara hotel on booking.com. The booking is free cancellation and on the side of the booking, it states, "Information on how to pay will be sent to you after you book." Then the credit card field states "Needed to hold your booking." I booked with my Canadian credit card as that was the only card I had at the time of booking and thought that I would update the hotel with my American credit card when I call me to verify payment. The confirmation email came and under the prepayment terms state this "Payment before arrival is required. Your host will contact you after you book to arrange it. You will be charged a prepayment of the first night after reservation." Since my booking is for one night, I was sure that the hotel will contact me first before charging me. I was wrong and the hotel charged my card. A few days later I see the charge and contacted booking.com. Due to a 2.5% currency conversion fee being charged, I was upset that they did not contact me first like it is stated on the terms. I spoke to multiple reps and they all understand my perspective. Even though there are spots that you will have to hover the mouse over to have some text show "you will be charged a prepayment of the first night after reservation." I did not see that during my booking. The confirmation clearly states the hotel will contact me. I cancelled the booking because I am not pleased with the service and even though so many of the reps at the booking.com call center agree with me, the managers refuse to take responsibility and refund the cost difference of under $5 CAD. The managers are argumentative and have no customer service skills. DO NOT book with booking.com. There are many other third party websites that offer better deals and are clear on the terms and conditions.

Wk