Big Lots / sloppy clerk training

1 Vine st, Hollywood, CA, United States Review updated:

I tried to purchase a brand of Toilet Paper but the clerk could not scan the product. After many tries I showed her the price that was printed on a 6X8 card (5.80) She would not enter the price and finally after 5 minutes called her friend in Customer Service to help. Still no results. finally at about 8 minutes they called the store manager who confirmed the price. I handed her a $20 bill and she gave me the wrong change. Since she had goofed on this too, I told her to refund me the $20 because I was already late for work. She did not know how to do this, so the Customer Service person again had to call the manager. All of this confusion delayed me by over 12 minuter.
Big Lots needs to retrain their store managers in hiring and training new workers. In addition, This is a very sloppy store.

Be

Comments

• Gb
      11th of Aug, 2009

The cashier needed the sku nubers not neccesary the price, she can't just put a price in. As for refunds only css's or managers can do that. She was doing her job correctly.

17th of Jan, 2014

Oh my goodness you were "forced to wait an entire 12 minutes" after picking up a product with no price tag, well someone should have been killed right there with no trial whatsoever. The thought of someone having to wait 12 minutes in this day and age because someone was probably in training due to high employee turnover just very nearly makes me sick to my stomach. I don't work for this company but if I'm ever in this area I will go in there and slap someone in the face for you. You should probably sue for 12 minutes of lost wages and pain and suffering. I'm so angry at this store I may not be able to sleep tonight. ([censored])