Stratolounger Reclinersbroken mechanism

T

I bought 2 Stratolounger recliners, XP 3-7699, of which I was told that the mechanism was guaranteed a life time. One of the chairs needs a new mechanism, but I can't find Stratolounger to get the new mechanism, and I was wondering if you could help me find a place to repair them or for us to get a new mechanism?

I live in the Cincinnati, Ohio, Northern KY area.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks, Terry

• Updated by Clanton Alfonso · Jul 12, 2017

Having difficulty receiving my final payroll check. No department will call me back, or give me any information why they can't send me my final check especially payroll department.

• Updated by Courtney Green · Jan 12, 2019

PLEASE READ:
    The Store Manager here is discriminating against other employees and making them quit. Someone please do something before They destroy the Store and gives Bigslots a bad Name.

• Updated by Matt Griffen · Jan 14, 2019

My complaint is that the Store Manager at this Big Lots is harassing the employees and discriminating them by calling them crude names and is using fowl language to their faces. This is unprofessional in the business world and should not be taken lightly. I hope someone will take action soon before they give Big Lots a bad name.

• Updated by Bird bath · Jul 01, 2019

I had already filled this out

• Si
    Simone45 Sep 11, 2020

In response to post Aug 2020 if you have not found the information about manufacture I contacted Big Lot due to all the bad reviews I've read and was interested in Stratolounger Air Flow. They told me the manufacturer was Franklin http://franklincorp.com/product-category/recliners/view-all-recliners/. From reading Franklin's Q&A all issues are handled by dealers. Please check website for further information.

• Am
    Amandasan Aug 26, 2020

Stratolounger recliner handle release breaks within a year. Don't buy your recliners from Big lots. If you do, get the extended warranty for $40.00. They will give you a gift card for your purchase price. Looks like the manufacturer went out of business and you can't get replacement parts. . That Sucks!!!

• Mi
    Missy2019 Dec 11, 2019

The main store manager breath was bad on alcohol. This was Dec 3rd 2019. He was about 6 ft. Probably in his fifties and Brian was his name.

• Na
    Natalie Braxton Jul 22, 2019

Purchased couch about 4yrs ago and the fabric is flaking off. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Thanks,
    Natalie Braxton
    [email protected]

• Bi
    Bird bath Jul 07, 2019

The solar and light does not work . bought it in cda idaho . i tried evey thing . through the box away and husband does not have the receipt. I would like to at lease buy one. Driving is hard to do as of our age to go to cda.
    Pauline mills e-mail : [email protected]

• Ta
    Tammy McCowon Apr 16, 2019

Psycho Psycho jellious fat [censored] who's as hateful and spiteful without any self pride and horrible customer service

• Cu
    custom essay help Mar 11, 2019

While my classmates teach all hard lessons, I have a very good chance to spend time with my favorite ComplaintsBoard, where I can read such interesting articles and news - because everything else, I can trust to https://essaycastle.co.uk/dissertation
    Thats why I can just relax and know that every my essay will done perfectly !!!

• Co
    Courtney Green Jan 22, 2019

PLEASE READ:
    The Store Manager here is harassing employees on the job which is unlawful and discriminating in the business world. The Store Managet is causing employees to quit because of the harassment. Someone please do something. They are not helping the Store succeed with the unprofessionalism and giving Big Lots a bad name.

Matt Griffen Jan 22, 2019

I am putting a complaint in because the Store Manager at this Big Lots is Harassing the employees and using foul language straight to their faces. I thought Store Managers are suppose to motivate their team and not discriminate them in front of customers. I hope this is taken care of before they give Big Lots a bad Reputation.

• Li
    Linda39 Nov 26, 2018

I bought a stratolounger from Big Lots last year 2017 just before Christmas in June the right arm of the chair broke away from the seat. When we turned the chair over to see if there was a way to rejoin the parts a piece of wood fell out.
    I would like to have the chair repaired because the chair is still under warranty. Is there a way to contact the manufacturer?

• Ka
    Kara Dodd Nov 19, 2018

The mattress is absolutely horrible. The sides are sinking in and my back is on fire. The middle of the mattress still has it's original build, which makes my bed lop sided. The box spring is just as bad.

Jongal50 Oct 23, 2018

How come as big as BIG LOT STORES are there are no electric scooters for customers that are handicap

• Cl
    Clanton Alfonso Oct 21, 2018

Former employee trying to get final check. Having problems getting my final payroll check. Each department I speak with pushes me to someone else. No cooperation.

• Am
    Amanda Fridel Oct 15, 2018

I worked for Big Lots during their remodel and the manager named Shane was rude and a bully hard to work for very impolite.

• Le
    Leslie Hawkins Oct 14, 2018

Was threatened by employee that she would whoop my [censored]. This was done in Big lots store she got up in my face and told me that. I called police they came to store I filled out a report and called your corporate office have yet to hear back.

• Ro
    Rochelle Allison Sep 01, 2018

The manger store#4315 her name is Brenda. She allow the lines to long when asking her is she opening replay No. Another time she will ignore you. She is not management material.Her face is not friendly. You would rather stand in a longer line than go to her. She's not a people persons . if so she's in the wrong line of work

• Dl
    Dlph0915 Nov 09, 2016

We purchased two stallion up recliners... within a couple of months the store replaced one due to the feet not going up and down now the second one has broke and cannot find any information on new parts or how to have fixed. I like the chairs don't want to get rid of them

• Ke
    KellyMcKinney76 Nov 02, 2016

Broken mechanism on recliner. I tried to attach the address for Stratolounger

• Ke
    KellyMcKinney76 Nov 02, 2016

I purchased a recliner for my dad and the mechanism doesn't work properly. I still have the warranty card- no phone number but there is an address. The recliner mechanism is warrantied for 5 years, springs, fabric, cushioning, leather, and all other finishes 1yr. (Some states don't allow restrictions on warranties so it as depends on that) the address is :
    American Furniture
    604 Pontotoc County Industrial Park Rd.
    Ecru, MS 38841

Said Abdullah Sep 05, 2016

I am disappointed to see so many negative complaints concerning the Stratolounger Samson Chocolate Big One Recliner because I am having the same problems with mine!

• Ga
    Gail Strejc Jul 13, 2016

I bought two of the Stallion Snuggle up Recliners, my friend bought one at about the same time from Big Lots. One of mine broke last night after having it for five months, I contacted her, hers broke in the same way. The was a pop sound and then the seat seem to lower and it broke. We are both older, and not jumping up and down on the chair. Five months, even though it is economically priced is a rip off. I am not sure how to proceed. Ideas anyone, can it be fixed at home, my boyfriend is fairly handy that way.

• Bl
    BlondeBetty Mar 02, 2016

American Furniture Stratolounger Review. In October 2015 I spent $1700 on a reclining sofa and Stratolounger reclining chair at McGregor Fruniture store in Waterloo Iowa. Upon arrival in late October the reclining mechanism was broken. I went to the store and by the time the came in January there is nw a wear hole in the back of the fabric, they ordered the parts to fix it, By Jan 2016 my 3 month old chair also has the stitching unraveling and now the sofa arm is broke.. Mind you I am a professional single woman without kids or a man living here. My 3 month old $1700 investment is worthless. Mcgregors is worthless at helping. I am stuck! BUYER BEWARE

• Be
    Bella Devine Dec 28, 2015

Wow! Thanks for the information. This really saved me some serious frustration. Thanks to everyone for posting!

• Ri
    Rick Whiteside Dec 18, 2015

The spring on the left side had the hook break off... The foot rest mechanism not working and locks up!! Trying to contact customer service... not waiting past 20 minutes... Just happened yesterday... Love the leather recliner other than this part. Please contact me at [email protected]

• Ba
    Barbara 67 Dec 06, 2015

I just got rid of a Stratolounget that was great for 10+ years until the leather corroded. But I bought it from Macy's, which no longer sells this brand. I think that the Stratoloungers now being sold at Big Lots are made by a totally different manufacturer than they used to be and I haven't read one positive review of the new ones. I almost went to Big Lots to get a new Stratolounget but I was skeptical because the price seemed too cheap for a decent chair. Avoid Simmons Baron from Sears, too, as the back won't hold in a reclining position (brand new chair). I am returning it and exchanging it for a Lazy Boy.

• Sh
    Sherri Panchaud Onorati Nov 21, 2015

Just bought a Stratolounger on Thursday for my husband for Christmas to be delivered in Dec. After reading these comments, I'm heading back down to Big Lots to get my money back!

• Ap
    April Lynn Ericson Oct 09, 2015

We bought two Stratoloungers in December 2012. The mechanism to recline broke off one one. Doesn't appear to be metal, just a very hard plastic. I called the number someone provided but the number says its no longer working

• My
    Myra Rogers Sep 02, 2015

I bought this chair at Big Lots the first of April 2015. I got it because it was so comfortable and I was having foot surgery. It was great. So, so comfortable. It got me through my recuperation period. The foot rest was impossible to put down with my foot in a boot, but I still enjoyed sitting and lounging in the chair. Last week the part that holds the springs splintered in two. All the springs came loose. There is no way to fix it. It is sitting on the curb waiting for trash pickup. I almost cried because I have to have to surgery again and now I don't have a comfortable chair to recuperate in. I looked at the tag that came with the chair and it said to contact the people I purchased it from. I talked to BIg Lots and they were less than helpful. I sent them an email and am still waiting for an answer. I almost want to buy another one but $400 is a lot to pay for 3 months of use.

• Al
    Albundy61 Aug 19, 2015

A big/tall recliner. What a POS. Mine lasted about one month and I'm only 240 lbs. Hard to believe it was made in America. Never again.

• Gr
    Greg Epley Aug 13, 2015

What a joke. Stratalounger bought at big lots and the bottom springs pop, staples poking out everywhere. But the spring that controls the foot reclining mechanism is broken and stays open. Very disgusted. Bought it for health reasons and wish I had seen these posts. Will be calling Big Lots in Owensboro, ky. Will follow up later. Not sure how to replace spring or fix this junk. Any ideas on schematics would be helpful. Greg in Indiana. [email protected]

• Mi
    Michael Harden Jun 07, 2015

I bought the Stratolounger last year and iy has broken. I didn't have it very long before it broke. Foot rest stays out all the time . I can not find the receipt for the recliner. I bought it from Big Lots. Do not purchase this recliner, like throwing your money away. I wo uld not buy anymore furniture from them!!!

• Bo
    Bob Hishaw Mar 16, 2015

My PA-25459 has been a comfortable chair for a long time. I am not disgruntled but My problem has been breaking the single bolt on either side that holds the arms in place. After replacing them both once (not an easy task) they broke a second time and I delayed replacing them. Sagging arm doesn't support seat and allows lumbar area to sag. In my case it caused or contributed to a very painful sciatica attack. I replaced them a second time and problem went away (so far). Now the box connection with 2 bolts, at the end of the bar opposite the lever is failing. I have installed a pipe clamp around it but don't expect that to last as the metal box end is torn about 60%. Can I find a replacement bar?

• Su
    Susie Han Feb 19, 2015

hello I also bought two recliner chairs each one had a scuff mark on it and one was not right in the front it touches the floor so I'd have to lean back I called up and complained they took half the price of one of them but I'm still undecided if I should keep them or send them back . I purchased them at wayfair.com

• Je
    jerilynwitt Feb 15, 2015

I have the same problems with theStratolounger Big/Tall man's chair. The spring end broke and the foot rest is always open. What a waste of money. Stratolounger use to have the best recliners now they are poorly made. I emailed Big Lots and I will wait for an answer.

• Ar
    Arthur Russ Vaughn May 10, 2017

@jerilynwitt I have exactly the same problem, cannot find a spring anywhere. If you get a lead let me know.

Russ Vaughn
    [email protected]

John innamorati Aug 01, 2014

Have an older stratolounger messages have lost the plug how do I replace it?

• La
    Lady in CLE Land Jul 16, 2014

My mom bought a Stratolounger Big/Tall man's chair and it is completely falling apart. A spring has popped away from the wood, fresh wood chips are all over the floor as if it were splintering from being constructed of rotted wood, the foot rest is literally disconnected from the main part of the chair and there are several screws that just appeared on the floor under the chair. It is not worth what Big Lots charged and the company should be ashamed of how poorly made it is.

• Mo
    morin chantal May 12, 2014

We bought a reclining sofa and chair from a store in canada in dec 2009 and the leather is all peeling off it is kind of gross we paid 2000.00 for it, i am furious the store is now closed .. is there any kind of garanti on it ? chantal morin from blue mountain bend new brunswick canada

• Re
    Reaginmx May 12, 2014

WOW!! I'm so grateful that I came to this site, I was just at the Big Lot store looking @ rockers/recliners I sat in the Stratolounger and it was so comfortable I was prepared to go back to the store on Monday to purchase it . When my son has to make purchases of any kind he always check it out on line first and he encourage me to do the same, I don't usually listen to him, LOL, but this time I'm glad I did. I'm sorry that you guys are having all of these major problems, I pray that you all are able to resolve your issues soon.

• Br
    BridgetK Mar 01, 2014

Considering purchasing the Stratolounger Calais oversized recliner for 379.99 with a 20% discount at Big Lots Has anyone found problems with it?

• Ll
    L. Lucas Nov 15, 2013

I too purchased a Stratolounger"the big one" so my dog had room to sit with me and the fact it was higher than other ones, so it didn't hurt my knees so bad to stand up. The mechanism to release the foot rest, being plastic just broke and i was to understand these were very good recliners.so who is handling complaints and repairs?? I like the chair, but not happy that all the complaints i see on this site is the same thing, not good. There are also staples sticking out all over the inside, as i tried to see what happened to it and cut my hand and I mean staples everywhere.