Stratolounger Reclinersbroken mechanism

T Review updated:

I bought 2 Stratolounger recliners, XP 3-7699, of which I was told that the mechanism was guaranteed a life time. One of the chairs needs a new mechanism, but I can't find Stratolounger to get the new mechanism, and I was wondering if you could help me find a place to repair them or for us to get a new mechanism?

I live in the Cincinnati, Ohio, Northern KY area.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks, Terry

• Updated by Clanton Alfonso · Jul 12, 2017

Having difficulty receiving my final payroll check. No department will call me back, or give me any information why they can't send me my final check especially payroll department.

• Updated by Courtney Green · Jan 12, 2019

PLEASE READ:
    The Store Manager here is discriminating against other employees and making them quit. Someone please do something before They destroy the Store and gives Bigslots a bad Name.

• Updated by Matt Griffen · Jan 14, 2019

My complaint is that the Store Manager at this Big Lots is harassing the employees and discriminating them by calling them crude names and is using fowl language to their faces. This is unprofessional in the business world and should not be taken lightly. I hope someone will take action soon before they give Big Lots a bad name.

• Updated by Bird bath · Jul 01, 2019

I had already filled this out

Robert John Mar 14, 2007

Did you ever find replacement parts? I'm looking for a couple of parts myself.

• Ka
    Kathy Hurdle Jun 28, 2007

My Stratolounger chair's mechamism just broke down. One spring has come off but I see where it goes - there appears that there was one on each side and the one on the right side next to the lever is off. Under the chair besides the spring was a wire about 6" long with was hooked on each end. I cannot figure out where this came from. I hate to lose the chair - it was my father's that he only got 5 months before his death so I am real attached to the chair.

The seat of the chair is seeking down next to the right arm and the foot rest will not come up.

Robert Reitter Sep 24, 2007

The metal part of the handle broke I would like to know if I can get a new one. Thank for your help

Robert Reitter

• Gr
    greg Apr 13, 2008

I have two Stratolounger Recliners. One has a spring off and the seat leans toward one arm and the other has mechanical problems and part that are lose. The foot rest won't come out or go in if you get it out. I cannot find out who to write to.
    Greg

• Ga
    gary May 14, 2008

i found info about the company on the BBB website.

Business Contact and ProfileBack To Top Name: Caye Home Furnishings, LLC
    Phone: (662) 534-4762
    Address: 1201 West Bankhead Street, New Albany, MS 38652
    Google map Mapquest map Yahoo map
    Business Category: Furniture Manufacturers, General Merchandise-Retail
    Primary Contact: Ms. Sue Rhea (Customer Service Supervisor)
    Complaint Contact: Ms. Sue Rhea (Customer Service Supervisor)
    Additional Locations and Phone NumbersBack To Top

MamaZepp Jan 25, 2017

@gary Hi all, I am so glad I read all these horror stories about Stratolounger. How sad that a company treats customers this poorly. No wonder it goes nowhere. Now, I looked up the phone number and it does list Caye Home Furnishings BUT even worse... when I look up the address (1201 West Bankhead St., New Albany MS), i accidentally put in 201 (instead of 1201) and the Salvation Army came up. How ironic & appropriate, eh?! Well, I took that omen as a big NO, don't buy this chair. Bless you all. Hang in there. Things will work out as Karma usually does... :) Tz

• Ke
    Kevin Morgan Jul 24, 2008

My NEW Stratolounger Recliners lasted two weeks. The bottoms feel like you are sitting in some at the Goodwill Store. Poor WORKMANSHIP !! CHEAP MATERIALS.

• Mr
    mrkg Sep 09, 2009

Purchased 3 Stratolounger recliners from Art Van Furniture in Michigan. One was delivered damaged and was promply replaced. However, all three have to have the lever mechanism replaced. The lever does not function properly. When the foot rest is elevated it will not go back in! These chairs are less than 90 days old! Now I know why the dealer tries so hard to get you to purchase the warranty!

• De
    DeniseNC Nov 10, 2009

Hi, I also purchased two stratolounger recliners from the room store..within a month or two I had to call them out to pratically put them both back together again. Then within about 4-6 months later the one recliner mechanism completley broke. The repair man came and made his report and then the room store said they would not be honoring the warrenty because of suspected abuse... Now only about 3 months later the other recliner is also broke in the same exact way. These are only about 2 years old. I can not seem to find anywhere where you can get ahold of the company. I am considering getting an attorney and showing them all of these complaints that are the same as mine which would prove that I indeed did not abuse my chairs. So any info that anyone has can you please email it to me... [email protected] Thank you

• Me
    Meghan1236 Mar 08, 2010

I have 2 recliners within the camelot sectional that each have broken once, now one that has been repaired once has broken a second time and the sectional is only a year and a half old. The store where I purchased it did not offer an additional warrenty just the one year from the date of purchase, now that it's been a year I have to go to the store in person and pay $200 for a service fee which does not include parts or if the couch needs to be removed if they cannot repair it in my home. I was trying to find a way online to speak with the manufactor directly with no luck...

• Gi
    Gilbert Garza Mar 20, 2010

Where do you find the springs for the stratolounger?

• Ar
    Arthur Russ Vaughn May 10, 2017

@Gilbert Garza Did you ever find the springs? I need some also!
    Russ Vaughn email: [email protected]

• Mc
    Mcterris Oct 26, 2018

@Gilbert Garza Amazon

• Li
    liliemay Aug 23, 2010

Well I don't own a stratolounger recliner but was looking for reviews about it, because i was hoping to replace my husbands 12 yr old lazy-boy recliner. It finally started to come apart after supporting his 265 wt body including many, many nights of sleeping in it. So after looking at all these complaints i decided not to own one after all.
    PS I hope all of you find a solution to your problems

• My
    Mygar Dec 31, 2010

We purchased 2 Stratolounger recliners in June 2007. One of them has pieces of foam and wood falling on the carpet everytime I either sit down or get up. The foot rest will not close completely unless I get up and physically lift the chair up and push it in. Of course I cannot find the original bill and the card I have only has the name Caye Home Furnishings, LLC on it. An internet search reports that they are closing in 2011. Anybody know what I can do?

• My
    Mygar Dec 31, 2010

I will try to call customer service as suggested on the first complaint.
    thank you.

• Br
    Brinny Jan 17, 2011

I too bought 2 recliners, , and since the store they were bought from has gone out of business. Before they went out we had both recliners back twice, , one was because the recliner seat leans into the left arm the stores last fix was to put a small satrip of wood under it to make it look like it was sitting right, , ha didnt work!! the other recliner just now my husband sat down and the left arm just almost fell off. Wow seems like most of us have the same problems. When it first started we called the store and were told it could take 6 months to a year to get a replcement, , lets load them all up and sent them at the front door of the factory!! wish I'd have gotten a Lazy Boy like I was told.

• Li
    LittleLyn May 11, 2011

G ary,
    I also cannot get the foot on my dad's stratolounger down. I called the number you listed, but bur after 1 ring, it goes right to a busy signal. I don't know if it really is busy, or if there has been so many calls, they have changed their number.

I'm having a similar problem with my bed. Head is stuck up, foot is stuck down, and the company I bought it from is out of business. And of course, I've been recently injured, and I'm supposed to sleep with my foot above my heart. My feet slide off the pillow in the middle of the night, so that's no help.

I live in Parma, Ohio near Cleveland. Can anybody out there help me?

• Ed
    Ed Houghtalen Jul 05, 2011

I have a Stratolounger that has dual massage and the massage function has stopped working. Cayce Furniture where it was made for Stratolounger has gone out of business. I purchased my chair thru JC Penny so I called them and they are tryin to help me get this fixed under the one year warranty. Don't know how much luck I will have but I will kick on every door until I run out of doors or get my chair fixed.

Charlestown, In Jul 08, 2011

I purchased a Statolounger sectional from Smiths Furniture in August of 2009. With in a year the left recliner is broken and leans towards the armrest. The material is literally falling apart. I have never seen a sofa fall apart with in two years on owership. The company we purchased it through went out of business a month after we purchased the sofa. We do not know what to do now. We thought we were making an investment buying a statolounger but obviously we were wrong. If anyone knows anything that can be done please let us know.
    We live in Charlestown, In.

• Mc
    Mcycleman Jul 14, 2011

Wow. Was considering buying one. With all this good info over some 4 years, I agree with the one person. Ain't buying one now!

Ron-D Jul 30, 2011

Just bought a Stratolounger® "Oversized Tailgater Rocker-Recliner With Heat & Massage" fabric model on Thursday July 28 new in box from BigLots ($299) When i got it home and set it up, the chair leans to the right and rear when sitting in it. I know this is not a good sign. It seems to be okay otherwise but it only takes one problem to bring on others with furniture. I might have to take it back and exchange or refund and find a better chaiur. Thank you to the person who posted contact info. I plan to call them Monday.

JanieT Aug 18, 2011

We purchased two leather Stratolounger recliners in 2009 from Haynes. We got the Protection PLUS warranty, but it does not cover the chair's construction. One of the recliners leans to the left arm as mentioned in other posts. I am going to try the number listed at top, but It doesn't sound good. Any good results out there?

• Mr
    MrMikeD Sep 02, 2011

I was researching these because I was going to buy two of them this weekend, thanks for the input, stopped me from throwing my money away.

• Ok
    OKKathy Jan 27, 2012

Well... I bought my Stratolounger Tailgater about 4 months ago. So far, the "massager" part is still working, but the heat is not. The arm cushions, due to the design, fall to the sides & there is no lumbar support. The chair is also "wobbly." Like everyone else, I cannot find how or where to get this chair fixed. Wish I had saved my money!

• Tr
    TRANSMITTERGUY Feb 29, 2012

I was headed to big lots tonight to buy a new stratolounger but after seeing these complaints I have chosen to look elsewhere and buy a better brand.

• Lc
    LCDon Mar 16, 2012

If you have bought your Stratolounger with a credit card you might be able to enter a claim with the purchase protection insurance. I would like to try this approach but do not have a copy of the warranty. If anyone has one could you please email me a copy and I will let you know if I succeed.

• He
    HenryAbott Apr 13, 2012

Like the previous comments, I too purchased a Stratolounger some time ago and have a problem with the mechanism. In my case it seems they chose to use a cheap bolt to mount it to the rest of the chair and that bolt has sheared off. The bolt is designed in a way so as to make it impossible to replace on my own so the armrest section containing the actuating lever is about to fall off. I have made numerous attempt to contact them by phone resulting in call timeout each time. It seems the Caye Home Furnishings wants to avoid their responsibilities with regard to these mechanism problems.

Joe Roth in NC Sep 12, 2012

I just bought two Strtoloungers (Stratolounger® "Oversized Tailgater Recliner) from Big Lots within the past two months and the plastic pull handle just broke and I emailed the company so lets see how they respond since I also live in NC.

JoySC Dec 14, 2012

I purchased a Stratolounger 2 years ago and have no problems with it...I have to sleep in it for joint deterioration and have gone thru 3 recliners purchased over the past 25+ years. I have been in Lazy boys, you name it...but the Stratolounger has been the most comfortable chair for night sleeping that I have found. I wear them out in 2 to 3 years though and am now starting to look for a new one.
    I need a larger width chair so that I can sleep on my side at times. But I love the heat and massage in my chair as they both have been great relaxers. So I am trying to locate a 47 inch width with heat/massage. If any one knows of one, please email me at [email protected]
    hotmail.com.
    Thanks...

• Tr
    Tracy taf Jan 08, 2013

I have purchased a Stratolounger The Big One fabric recliner and the mechanism part has broken, how can I order a new part??

Charles Gilbert Jan 19, 2013

We purchased the Statolounger "Big One" on 10/9/2012 from Big Lots the mechanism broke today 1/19/2013. The people @ Big Lot's in Belmont NH treated us fantastic, they replaced the chair without question. Other than this issue with the mechanism the chair was very comfortable and seemed to be holding up well. I will continue to buy from this store regardless because of the way they stepped up and took care of our needs!

• Me
    melissabm Feb 06, 2013

I am in need of the adapter that is from the chair wire to the plug wire.main wire that is plunged yo the bottom of the chair is their ...But the wire that plunges in that wire and the wall is missing and I don't even know what it looks like .I cant take it back it was on clearance !Now I know why after reading all the people that have it .Please if some one has a broken chair and would like to get ride of theres email me @ [email protected]

roberta sollars Feb 28, 2013

my recliner love seat is just like the other people who had a problem with the reclining mechanism and springs popping loose. the handle on the mechanism broke off so you cannnot recline the back. that was eighteen months ago(i wasnot going to complain)...then the springs popped. I am the only one that sits on the sofa.HELP!!!roberta sollars eyorezfrnd @gmail.com

• Au
    aunt bee Mar 03, 2013

i got a stratolounger on sale today as is on closeout. I found the adapter from the chair wire to the plug wire main is missing. Where do I get a new one. The foot rest won't move up and down.

• Jr
    JRRobert Mar 21, 2013

Upholstery producer Caye Home Furnishings to close. Brands include Stratford, Stratolounger. Gary Evans -- Furniture Today, June 2, 2010

• Dl
    dlacey33 Apr 11, 2013

I bought a stratolounger Monte Carlo Power recliner at big lots the power mech does not work and i could not get any info except that it has been discontinued, i still have the tag on it the company whom warranties it is the franklin corp ... www.franklincorp.com contact them for your concerns...Dlacey

jolou Jul 02, 2013

I just bought a Strato on July 30 from Big Lots myself. Just knowing that Big Lots only deals with products that are discontinued and closeouts should tell you right there. They told me that if I have any problems within a year that I can get a refund or exchange from the store. And if you have the tag you have 5 years on the mechanism. My tag says to contact where you bought the chair from. Their the ones who have to make good on the warranty. I doubt that Big Lots are going out of business any time soon. Unlike these little furniture stores are. The manufacturer providing that warranty is Franklin Corp. 600 Franklin Drive Houston, MS 38851 franklincorp.com Hope this helps someone. We work too hard for our money!

maureen beck Jul 25, 2013

I had furniture repair on the problem cost 80.00 lasted 6 months. Get a class action suit I'm in...Furniture warehouse will not help

• Jp
    JPFord Sep 10, 2013

Caye Home Furnishings did close, but was later reorganized into Newport Furniture. Newport filed for Chapter 7 liquidation on July 11, 2013. All production was shut down and offices cleaned out. THey were located at the old Stratford Factory. http://djournal.com/news/newport-furniture-files-for-bankruptcy/

• Or
    orle long Sep 23, 2013

ditto to the above! R ight rear of the seat, and lower right of the back are sagging in. Ihave a injured back and this hurts me. I bought the BIG ONE recliner 8 months ago at BIG LOTS. It was good for 4-5months, then thelumbar weakened, the seat weakened and can feel a board across the rear of seat!

• Ll
    L. Lucas Nov 15, 2013

I too purchased a Stratolounger"the big one" so my dog had room to sit with me and the fact it was higher than other ones, so it didn't hurt my knees so bad to stand up. The mechanism to release the foot rest, being plastic just broke and i was to understand these were very good recliners.so who is handling complaints and repairs?? I like the chair, but not happy that all the complaints i see on this site is the same thing, not good. There are also staples sticking out all over the inside, as i tried to see what happened to it and cut my hand and I mean staples everywhere.

• Br
    BridgetK Mar 01, 2014

Considering purchasing the Stratolounger Calais oversized recliner for 379.99 with a 20% discount at Big Lots Has anyone found problems with it?