Best Western Garden Villa Inn - Roseburg, OR / hotel owner is irresponsible for his employees for damaging private property!

After taking off my contacts after work and picking up my glasses, I realize the frame holding the lens was cracked and one of the legs severely bent out of shape.

The Housemaid Manager said that she has talked to the housemaid named Harold and he said that I've always put my glasses behind the lamp and that he did not touch them. I believe that Harold is lying due to fear of the consequences of omitting to breaking my glasses, even though it may be accidental. The facts are that both him and I agree that my glasses were in the hotel room while I was at work and that someone has tempered with my glasses and broken them while I was gone. It has been over two weeks and the manager nor the owner has returned my inquiries despite my calls. I think the hotel owner should be held responsible for his employees for damaging private property. For if anything were to be damaged in the hotel room while I was there, the management will surely charge my credit card for these damages.

Va

Comments

• Co
      18th of Feb, 2007

I remember your stay sir and I understand you are upset. We are not responsible for any items you leave in the room and it is stated in your room as such. Our housekeeper has been with us for many years and I found it odd that for the couple nights of your stay you left your glasses in front of the lamp on your nightstand. The day in question they were found behind the lamp bent. Our housekeeper remembers your glasses and where they were so that they would not be disturbed and found it odd that day that they were behind the lamp instead of in front as usual. Also you did not want a new frame (the exact kind you had) for your glasses, you particularly asked for money and money only.

You also mentioned that our housekeeper didn't want to speak up because he would be fired, which we told you would not happen because of our policy but you still insist that's not true. Hotels have that clause "that we are not responsible" for a reason. We are rated with a Chairman Award for one of the highest inspections and customer service in the Northwest. Please remember that you did not want your glasses fixed, you wanted money and that's why you didn't get compensated.

• Je
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Best Western International - Venice Hotel

I have emailed the company on numourous occasions with no response !!! Sent emails the Phoenix and one call costing 60 dollars from the UK and they still have not replied. Disgusted at the lack of response Best Western should be ashemed

10th of Sep, 2018
    Best Western - elevator
    Anderson
    Indiana

The damn elevator at the Anderson, Indiana hotel has been down for a month and a half. Absolutely unacceptable!
    Get the #&2+#($+$ thing fixed! I stay here every Monday night, and if you don't get this fixed, I want a guaranteed 1st floor room! I am a Diamond member, 600663 7490848751, and I expect service!
    Please respond.

Odessa
    Texas

Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
    Loyalty Club member #6006637529256828
    Given one price and charged a higher price. Usually pay anywhere from $78.00 to $105.00. Not sure if I have free nights, but couldn't find out anyway as their computer was down.

• Gr
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Best Western - new hotel problems already!! what!?!
    Erie Pa

8033 Oliver road lake Erie pa -BRAND NEW HOTEL AND BOTH ELEVEATORS NOT WORKING ! My mom is 85 yrs old and has to walk the stairs!! This is UNACCEPTABLE ! Paying 175 a night for this !?!? We are EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED TO SAY THE VERY LEAST !!