Complaints & Reviews

Customer service and obligation to refund

On feb 15 2020, i had a hotel reservation that was confirmed and paid for. Hotel had no record of the reservation and ironically all hotels in the surrounding areas were sold out. My entire family had to sleep in the car after flying from michigan to san diego. I continue to get told that tickets at work (best of orlando) has been reaching out to confirm the cancellation of reservation and have not received my refund. This makes no sense as it took one phone call to tell me they had no record of my reservation that had been confirmed through tickets at work. My refund request number is care-[protected]/shelly

01/06/2020
David Thibault
phone number [protected]
email [protected]@aol.com

To whom it may concern,

My wife and I went on a road trip at the beginning of the year. We used Tickets at work to book the hotel/motels we stayed in. On the 6th of January, we needed a motel to stay in Fayetteville, North Carolina. On the website of Tickets at Work was offered a room in Econo Lodge Wade - Fayetteville North on 3945 Goldsboro Rd, Wade, NC 28395. There were pictures of the room and a full description of the motel. The price was good for us, and we have stayed many times in Econo Lodge so we were ok with the offer. We booked our room and drove to the motel. Upon arrival, we noticed that there are no signs or the logo of Econo Lodge on the address that we were provided when we booked our motel room. When we checked on google we realized that Econo Lodge was permanently closed. The building that probably Econo Lodge once existed was not renamed and owned by OYO hotel or DaysIn, I can't say with certainty since there were two different signs on the building. We reserved Econo Lodge because we trust the company, we have stayed before and we are satisfied with what they offer. We did not fill safe to go to the building that was unclear about what hotel or motel is exactly. I called Tickets at Work and explained my situation. The customer service kept putting me on hold for a couple of minutes and in one part of the conversation laughing at me while I was trying to explain what has happened to us. I was told that that is the motel I have agreed to book and they as a third party cannot do anything about it, cannot cancel it nor refund me. I tried to explain many times that the motel I booked and the motel that is on the address is not the same but it was without any success. Finally, I decided to go to the motel and try my luck there. They had my reservation but I explained to the receptionist that I have booked Econo Lodge and want to cancel. After almost one hour of trying to cancel the receptionist said that the room will be canceled and we will be refunded. The next day my bank account was charged for the room at a motel that I do not even know the name of, never stayed there and was told it was canceled. I called the number I was given by the motel on the address I provided above, and even though they had my information the night before, now they did not have any information about me. I called Tickets at work and filed complain but was not able to get my full refund of 51$ but only a 20$ refund from Tickets at Work. The problem was not the amount but the fact that we have led to book a room in a motel that does not exist anymore did not receive any support from the website that provided inaccurate information (tickets at work) and were not treated with respect from their customer service.
I am writing this with the wish that nobody else experience what we experienced on our trip. The Tickets at Work should check what they are posting and make sure that what they are posting is accurate. We wished we got the rest that we needed that night or at least to have been heard from the customer service and cancel and refund our room reservation since they were the ones to lead us in reserving something that does not exist.
I want to thank you in advance for your time and help.

Best regards,
David Thibault

hotel reservation

I paid for a reservation at Best Western Inn and Suites in Dothan. I drove 6 hours to get here. The address on my GPS led me to Red Roof Inn. I called Best Western inquiring about my reservation. I wasn't in their system. The lady at Red Roof informed me that I was booked there. This hotel was not clean or safe looking. I got in town almost 9:30pm central time. I called ticketsatwork. After an hour wait time, I finally got someone who claimed she was calling the hotels. She came back and said she placed an urgent request to the hotel coordinator who should be calling the hotels and getting back to me shortly. But couldn't give me a callback time. I'll either get a refund or be booked to the correct hotel. I called back after 15 minutes. I was placed on a 30 minute hold with the rep. The coordinator never called. I spoke with the manager Chris, who then said because it was after 12 eastern time their system switched over and they can't book me another room for the night. But they can book me into another hotel the next day not Best Western. I was given 2 other hotel options for the next day which were lower quality. I asked if I was just supposed to figure it out for the night?" Chris responded, "unfortunately yes." End results, 2 1/2 hours later, I had to pay an additional $226 for another hotel and will be unable to receive a refund until 3 to 5 business days.

customer service

I had purchased almost $1000 worth of tickets through Tickets at Work and twice I have had the misfortune of dealing with a customer rep named "Sophie" from florida (its what she told me). This woman is very rude and when you dare ask her a question related to the tickets you want to purchase she gets very angry, raises her voice and last time when i told her very politely to check for better seats her angry response was "this are very good seats, if you don't purchase the tickets somebody else will buy them". The first time I dealt with this woman, she even hung up on me because I told her that I had a question only and needed to call back to purchase the tickets, which i purchased online for a new york visit on 7/19. One of this New York tickets did not work in the MET museum and my son ended up paying cash to get in. When i called Tickets at work, I was told that in one of the attractions one of the tickets was scanned twice and I still had another ticket that I could still use. Don't know how that happened, but I returned home and there is no chance i am going to use that one ticket that is supposedly good to be used. I don't know if this rude, ignorant woman did anything to one of the tickets. She is very hostile and should not be dealing with customers if she gets annoyed when a customer has questions. Maybe her manager should remain her that answering questions is part of her job description, or she needs to be retrained in how to be a good customer service representative. In the end my issue was not resolved, and i probably will not buy from Tickets at Work anymore.

false advertising

I recently visited the Miami area - Purchased a "Sightseeing Day Pass." On the Tickets at Work website, it clearly lists all the attractions covered by the Sightseeing Pass. One of those attractions listed is "The Thriller Speedboat" ride. First, I called "Thriller" to make reservations. I was told that I had to pay for entry since the Sightseeing Pass was not good. I called Customer Service and it was confirmed that YES, "Thriller" is indeed covered by the pass and that I should not have to pay to enter the facility. I personally went to the "Thriller" attraction and once again I was told, "No, you have to pay, your pass is not good." Once again, I called customer service and again I was told YES, "Thriller" is included, they should have honored your Pass. I went back to the "Thriller" attraction only to be denied entry again. Since the "Pass" became useless, I called TAW for a refund and was told NO, because the attraction you selected is NOT one of the listed attractions. I mentioned to the lady I talked to that the TAW website clearly lists "Thriller" as an included attraction. I also mentioned that when I called TAW twice, I was told YES, "Thriller is a listed attraction covered by your Pass.". Contradictive statements by TAW plus fraudulent advertising. I'm entitled to a refund.

unacceptable

I booked a room through them and got a confirmation letter from them. With these papers, I tried to check in at the hotel where I was said that there was no reservation on my...