Best Buy / Sony Vaio Vgn - Fz140e / it turned out to be a nightmare
Sony Vio and Best Buy.
I bought a Sony laptop Model VGN-FZ140E on August-31st 07 from Best Buy. It turned out to be a nightmare.
I noticed the day I bought it, it crashed about 4 times the same day, and I was departing for the Philippines on the 2nd Of September so I had to take it with me on this trip. While I was gone it crashed about every third time I turned it on, it would go through all the start up and when it was ready to use it would crash.
The error message was Blue Screen Error. I looked at the error log on the Laptop and noticed it had crashed 30 times from April ' September, before I bough it. Yes I bought it new in the box. After talking to Sony tech support ha, I reinstalled it back to factory condition and the first time it started it crashed. After I returned to the US on the 17th October I called the Sony Tech support again and they told me to take it back to Best Buy, they gave me a number for the return but I tried to explain that the problem existed before I bought it and I just wanted it replaced, they told me to use the number and they will otherwise Best Buy to replace it. I went to best buy the same day and they would not replace it even after explain I was out of the country and the Manager told me it makes no difference if I did not return it in 14 days it would have to be sent back to Sony. 'Talk about compassion' the manger was rude and not interested in looking at the history log or my Passport, in fact he told me to have a nice day and walked away. I have never been treated so badly by a shop before. I don't ever plan on buying anything from Best Buy again and I spent over $5,000 last year alone. Is this what they call loyalty? Now I have no laptop for 4 to 6 weeks! GREAT JOB SONY and Best Buy need to look at get some staff that can talk to customers.
More Best Buy / Sony Vaio Vgn - Fz140e Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - refund delay for debit card purchase 
- Best Buy - webroot - cancelled - still charged for webroot - geek squad best buy
- Best Buy - stove purchase 18 months promotion acc#6035 3513 3036 9300
- Bestbuy Canada Etobicoke Sherway Store - customer service or lack of
- Best Buy - sales and geek squad
- Best Buy - macbook pro