Best Buy - Return Policy / beware of best buy during the christmas holiday!
I purchased a Gateway Notebook for my husband on Dec 9, 2006 as a Christmas Gift. When I purchased it I asked the young man if I could return it.
He said, "yes". I asked if there was a restocking fee. He said, "only if the item had the seal broken." On Christmas day my husband graciously declined my gift, so we decided to return it.
On Dec 29th, I tried to return the notebook and was told it was over the 14 day return policy and I could get store credit. I paid by check and their company cashed my check. I wanted my money back. I was furious to say the least. I, also, called the Customer Service number and was told the same thing. I know they say they have it posted in their stores and it's on the receipt, BUT do you honestly think that at the Christmas holiday customers are reading YOUR store signs or looking at the small print on receipts. The standard customer thinks that you can return just about everything within a 7 day time frame, especially at Christmas time. I think their employees should inform customers of their policy at this particular time of year. Wouldn’t that be a novel thought??
Well I've learned my lesson. I will never make a major purchase at your store for the Christmas holiday again.
I will inform all I can to BEWARE of Best Buy during the Christmas Holiday.
More Best Buy - Return Policy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - refund delay for debit card purchase 
- Best Buy - will not answer their phone! 
- Best Buy - repair service for commercial washer/dryers.
- Best Buy - never received item bbytx-805573981165
- Best Buy - repairs on pc
- Best Buy - webroot - cancelled - still charged for webroot - geek squad best buy
- Best Buy - stove purchase 18 months promotion acc#6035 3513 3036 9300