Best Buy / price match

Ontario, OH, US Review updated:

Went to Best Buy to purchase a keyboard as a Christmas gift for my son. Their price $249.99. I checked online using the phone I had purchase at the same Best Buy and saw that Guitar Center (a larger retailer of musical equipment with a location in Columbus) offered the same item for $50 less. The customer service rep stated they would only match price for major retailers with a local store. I wonder if a Best Buy store in Columbus would also refuse to price match (although I'm not going to waste my time checking that scenario out). Since I work in Columbus I'm buying the item from Guitar Center in Columbus.

My only regret - not getting a picture of the Best Buy customer service rep standing under the stores Price Guarantee and refusing to do honor. I'll think twice about shopping at Best Buy again. Duane B

Du

Comments

• Pa
      Apr 07, 2009

I called the store 4/4/09 and asked for price match on sony lcd tv 46" z4100from J&R stores they told me yes. I went there 4/5/09 and asked sales person again and showed him ad he took ad and came back to me and told me he will match the price so I told him I want TV, TV stand and Blue-ray DVD player there is charge for $125.00 for furniture Assembley. I said yes O.K. that I thought tv-dvd hook-up include in $125.00 but not included I have to pay another $75.00 for that so I told him I don't want furniture Assembley which is $125.00 I will do it myself.Then he told me I have to take $75.00 hook-up I said fine then all of sudden he told me he don't want to sell me this item. I asked Why?
    He told me I have to buy furniture Assembley, how come? I t has nothing to do with TV's price match. Spoke to manager she told me she is not involved and she will not match the price. I spend 90 Minutes for nothing. BE CAREFULL ABOUT BEST BUY ELECTRONIC STORE.

• Du
      Dec 10, 2012

Just to make the deal even better, I just found out that Guitar Center is offering a 12% off coupon for purchases of $199+ thru Dec 11 - my saving are $75 better than Best Buy. Maybe Best Buy needs to change their name!!!

• Th
      Dec 10, 2012

Guitar Center is a reputable national chain. In this case, a very legitimate price match. The "intent" of the policy, at many retailers, is to not have to match offers from places (online, print) who offer ridiculous prices for 2nd hand, grey goods, or incomplete products/accessories as well as limited quantity or limited time deals. In this case, though, quality store mgt would have price matched to make the customer!