Best Buy/geek Squad / liars

1 Howe AvenueCuyahoga Falls, OH, United States Review updated:

The Best Buy Geek Squad in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio is THE WORST, EVER!!! I had a simple repair, or so I was told. Hundreds of dollars and lies later, all I had left was a crashed computer and no apologies. The store manager REFUSED to talk to me!!! It was Halloween, and he was too busy dressed in his costume and flaunting it around to his employees to address my concerns!!! I had made 6 trips back and fourth to the store with my computer. Each and every time the Geek Squad "Agent" spoke way over my head and was very condescending if I asked for a clearer explaination of what exactly was wrong with my computer; they also "lost" any notes that the previous agent had put in the file, consequently, no one had any idea what the previous agent had diagnosed as the problem. In a nutshell, they ruined my computer, treated me like total garbage, did nothing to remedy the problem, created more "problems" each time I brought my computer back because they made it worse, made me feel like a total ###, and as a result, I had to buy a new computer. I HATE THOSE MOTHER [censored]ERS!!!

Comments

• Cu
      3rd of Apr, 2009

Geek Squad,
    the worst service, wasting our money don't buy three years warrenty

6th of May, 2009

Yea, those guys are idiots. I know people that work at Certified Nerds in the valley, they charge less and actually know what they're doing.

• Es
      5th of Jan, 2010

Over the last few years, my family has spent thousands of dollars buying products at Best Buy and usually buying the extra insurance. Something has certainly happened to cause their so call Geek Squad to lie to customers about repairing items. My wife uses a laptop in the living room, a Gateway and recently the hard drive failed which apparently is common with the 250 Gb SATA hard drives for laptops. We knew it was the hard rive since it would not Boot Up, showing just a few lines on info on the screen. It was returned to Best Buy since we had bought the $159 2 year extra coverage. In a few days, we received a phone call from them who told us the computer had "Liquid Damage" and it wasn't covered under our warranty but said they could fix it for $199. This shocked us since food or drink is never allowed in our living room. We complained to Best Buy but that doesn't do any good, so we declined the repair offer. When picking it up, we were shown several photos on the hard drve out of it's case. They then had the nerve to charge $34 just for looking at it. The computer was then looked at by a reliable technician who works at another large retail facility. He said it was not liquid damage but solder flux which is normal on many circuit boards, especially this Hitachi hard drive. We certainly learned a lesson dealing with Best Buy and never thought they would cheat people like this. We were told by many people that Best Buy hires young people just out of high school since the Government gives Best But a break on taxes who are not qualified to deal with the public. So----Goodbye Best Buy and hello E-Bay where we found a new replacement 250 Gb hard drive for $39 and the computer is same as new.

• Da
      5th of Jun, 2014

GEEK SQUAD THEY SUCK, WHEN I PICKED-UP MY COMPUTER THE KNOBS WAS BROKEN WHERE YOU PUSH TO START THE COMPUTER, THEY WIPED OUT ALL OF MY FILES, HAVE TO RESTART MY COMPUTER SEVERAL TIMES BEFOR I CAN GET ANY I CONS. I WILLNEVER USE THEM AGAIN MY COMPUTER WAS WORST AFTER PICKING IT UP FROM THEM AND THEY CHARGED ME A LOT OF MONEY AND THE COMPUTER STILL WASN'T WORKING PROPERLY.