Best Buy / fraud and cheating
We bought my grandson an apple I-pod for his birthday about a year and a half ago. The guy who helped us really pushed for an extended warranty. He told us if anything at all happened to the I-pod it would be fixed without question, even if it gets smashed to pieces. Then he said if they can't fix it, it would be replaced, and if the same kind was not available we would be given an upgrade I-pod. Three hundred dollars for the I-pod and sixty dollars for the warranty, which we really could not afford at the time. The pod was recently damaged by a piece of the earbud plug stuck in the pod. We took it back to best buy, they said fine, gave us a receipt marked "no charge" and said they would call when it was repaired. One month later we called them and they said it wasn't covered. after a lot of time talking and the promise of a manager to call, but never did, we called corporate. We got shoved around for over an hour and then was told sorry charlie! My son picked the broken pod up at best buy and left my best buy card on the counter cut in pieces. I will never shop at a place again that practices false advertising and encourages employees to lie about warranties to receive a bonus for themselves!!!
More Best Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - will not answer their phone! 
- Best Buy - no refund issued on a cancelled order
- Best Buy - customer service damaged products
- Best Buy - samsung soundbar refund request!
- Best Buy - poor customer service.
- Best Buy - repair service for commercial washer/dryers.