Best Buy / returning xbox with extended warranty!
Purchased an Xbox 360 with extended warranty. It became defective, took it to Best Buy in Avon, Indiana where extended warranty was purchased. Customer Service checked system, proved it was defective. The power cord was missing and the game that came with it. They said that they could put a power cord in the box but didn't have the same game. I asked them to replace the system, I would give them the power cord or purchase one and put it in the box and they could have the new game. They said that they had a power cord but HAD to have the same exact game (even though they don't even use that game in the systems anymore). I live 35 miles away and was very upset that we could not work out something. My son went back with the game. They then stated that I never purchased an extended warranty and long story short but my sister-in-law had taken a system back and her last name is Ray and they charged that system against my name. My son figured that out for them and they agreed that is what happened and then said that well since the power cord is missing they would not exchange it! He told them to just take the power cord out of the new system and put in with it. The store manager stated "Oh if it was just that easy" and laughed? Well why isn't it just that easy? So now I have to make a third trip hoping this time they will honor the transaction. I guess it depends on who is working. Where is the customer service these days? Won't ever purchase from that store again.
More Best Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - refund delay for debit card purchase 
- Best Buy - geek squad
- BestBuy.com - car radio installation
- Best Buy - wireless headphones for tv
- Best Buy - geek squad installation
- Best Buy - apple ipod