Bell Canada / bell. ca withdrew pre-authorized payment, when never authorized
In Early March, 2008, I had made a complete payment for my current balance and notified Bell of the transaction. On April 2nd, Bell withdrew the exact funds from my account through a preauthorized payment setup.
At no point have I signed up for preauthorized payments. I never consented to funds being withdrawn automatically from my account under any circumstances.
The withdrawal took place minutes before my rent payment (which IS preauthorized) was to come out; putting my account into overdraft.
If my account balance was zero, why did they withdraw the same amount as my last payment which had already been received? How were they able to access my account to withdraw the funds without my permission? If a signature was used, what signature was it (as it was certainly not mine; and preauthorize actions on this account require my signature)?
Bell claims that it is impossible that I did not agree to a preauthorize payment. They refuse to take responsibility for this action. They would not even admit fault at withdrawing an amount which has already been paid in full 3 weeks earlier.
Bell should additionally cover my overdraft fees, or provide some sort of apology for obviously violating my rights.
More Bell Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Bell Canada / Asurion - unfair business practice and poor customer service 
- Bell Canada - collection agency
- Bell Canada - constant billing errors 
- Bell Canada - harassment customer service 
- Bell Canada - over billing 
- Bell Canada - internet
- Bell Canada - landline
- Bell Canada - internet agreement that bell offered in march 2018 for 12 months but charging double the amount instead
- Bell Canada - cancelled internet services and the phone rep didn't finalize the request.
- Bell Canada - fibe tv