Bell Canada / phone line not working

Bell Canada
St Thomas
Don't bother expecting customer service from Bell Canada. In fact, if you can find another land line or business run, don't walk, to another company. Bell Canada does not care about its customers and they are a low priority. They installed my phone line by connecting it to a neighbours house, when they came back to attach it correctly to my house the phone line is not working. Now I have to wait 4 days before a technician can come to fix the problem because 'we don't have any staff available today to fix it'.

So don't count on Bell for timely customer service.

A  17th of Dec, 2009 by
My next door neighbour has a different tenant in the basement almost every year. Everytime, Bell comes to install a new line, the technician would link from my wall to the downsprout and the one at the other side. The appearance of the connection is ugly and it is unsafe. They did not ask for my permission at all. I cut the line every time it happens. The last time the technician left a note telling me not to cut the line. I called the phone number on his note and demanded the connection removed from my wall. This time, they pulled the phone line to the light pole (on my side of the property) and connect to the neighbour's house. However, instead of having phone cable underground, the technician kept it on the grass (on my side of the property). It still looks ugly and is unsafe to me. If someone trips over the line, I will sue Bell for the compensation.

Bell Canada Logo Bell Canada
Customer Care Service
The Office of the Bell Privacy Ombudsman, 160 Elgin St.
Canada - ONK2P 2C4