Belksdeclined credit card

I have been a long term customer with Belks and always make monthly payments on time. I had a credit limit of $500. I made a $230 payment for Nov. 2017 in order to purchase a purse I wanted at the CHARITY DAY SALE in November. My available balance at this time was $278. My Belks card was declined at the register when I attempted to purchase the Brahmin purse. I called customer service from the store and was informed that the payment I made to the Belks card had not posted to the card yet and it would take two days to post to my Belks card. Customer service also said that I was penalized a late fee of $25.00, although, the payment I made to the Belks card was on Nov. 2nd, and the due date for the card payment was Nov. 10th.

In addition, the $230.00 had already been debited from my banking account. Needless to say, the cashier held the purse for me at the Belk's store in order to allow time for the funds to post to the Belk's card, however, the purses cost wasn't the same price 2 days later. I did not make the purchase.

This past Friday, Nov. 20.. I attempted to use my card again for a purchase of $85.00 for a birthday gift. It was DECLINED. I called customer service again from the store and was informed that my credit limit had been dropped to $250.00.. Therefore, now I would only have $10.00 available to spend. I have had problem after problem with Belks credit and I really wish that another department store was in the area that offered similar sales and bargains and a line of credit. I have been humiliated and embarrassed time and time again in Belks. Once I get this card paid off I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Ti
Nov 20, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 21, 2017

It is common for funds to be deducted from your payment account and not immediately post to your credit card/available balance. Unfortunately it can also be common for credit card companies to decrease or even eliminate your available credit at any time at their discretion. I'm unsure about your late fee however. Did you ask why the fee was assessed when you paid several days prior to your due date?