Menu
thredUP company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

83 complaints
2 resolved 81 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of thredUP. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
4:31 am EDT

thredUP - Refund NOT issued to my credit card as stated in your policy

Return Processed by Thred up May 31, 2022.

I returned some items and Thred up processed the return, minus restocking fees and contacted me via email of the return amount and successful receipt. The problem is that Thred up gave me Thred up store credit for the amount instead of returning it to my original payment credit card. I have contacted them via email 4 times and tried to rectify through my credit card company with no response. There is no phone number anywhere for Thred up.

ORDER #XHP741U5I5K9

email from Thred up of return processed:

Your return has been processed.

Inbox

Your return is complete and your refund of $67.53 has been processed.*

View Transaction History

Thred up return Policy:

thredUP's Return Policy

If you decide that an item that isn't the right fit for you, we invite you to visit your returns page to process a return request. To learn more about our refund options please check out this FAQ. All returns must be postmarked within 14 days from the date of delivery of an item.

* We welcome you to send back multiple returns in one package, as long as the return slips are all included.

Refund Requirements:

To qualify for a refund, all items must be in the same condition in which you received them

All items are subject to a $1.99 restocking fee

Original shipping charge is not refunded when returning items

Final sale items are not returnabl

Orders shipped within the 48 contiguous United States:

Items purchased with thredUP store credits will always be refunded back as store credits

We cannot change refund methods after the return has processed

thredUP store credits will be refunded back to your account 5-7 days after thredUP has received your return order, while credit card refunds can take an additional 3-5 business days to be refunded.

Promotions and discounts will not be reimbursed

Please note that we are unable to create prepaid labels for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico. Only customers shipping to the 48 contiguous US states will have access to the pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping return label.

Desired outcome: refund return amount to my the credit I used for my purchase

2:28 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

thredUP - Clean Out Bags go missing...

This site states numerous clean out bags that I've sent using their prepaid labels has never been received, and when I follow up with them, they state I should insure them, but the postal clerks tell me that that shouldn't be necessary for these type of prepaid shipping labels. Interesting that most of the bags that are missing are the very ones that had new items in them or really expensive items. I sent a large box inside the bag of jewelry from my store inventory, ladies long cream white wool coat, granddaughter's two prom dresses; all in mint condition and yet they never arrived? Their follow-up on clean out bags is terrible. Funny how I can receive an email asking for my feedback on how a customer service rep assisted me when I never received any contact from anyone to address my issues. I've given this site three chances to prove themselves, but I've come to the conclusion they're just a money laundering site at the customers' expense.

Desired outcome: I want my items returned or paid the equivalent of what I lost because of their inability to handle incoming merchandise.

J
8:11 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My account is locked, @ need to up date [protected]@number my new email is josette [protected]@gamail.com my number is [protected] josette clark my Ole email was josette clark [protected]@ yahoo.com I don't have that anymore thanks

3:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have used ThredUp for several years and had good experiences when they first got up and running. I feel they grew too large to handle the amount of clothes coming in and their customer service definitely got worse. The last box I sent in included a Burberry coat. Lo and behold when they finally processed my box after 3-4 months of waiting, the Burberry...

C
3:39 pm EDT

thredUP - Clothing pay outs communication

Have contacted them several times about sending my stuff back

I sent a $125 emails blouse and got $4 and Lululemon leggings I paid $128 plus tax for I got $6 - I’ve entailed 2x there is no phone number - this company is a fraud - I need to get my designer items back ASAP There is no disclosure no follow up and I haven’t even gotten the $12 mailed to me for the two items sold so far- I need file a claim w BBB

Desired outcome: I want the remainder of my items back that they have- they even charged me 9.95 to send stuff back but will not answer emails or return items - no disclosures no phone number

3:03 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ThredUp terminated my account out of the blue for an order that I disputed in a prior bank account. My acct was w/CHASE bank, I disputed one item but the bank returned all of the money for that order to my acct. But I closed that acct w/Chase about two months ago, went to Wells Fargo, hated it, returned to Chase and now have a new bank account number w/ a...

I
3:32 am EST

thredUP - Items Not Returned

Starting in July of 2021 I sent in a massive amount of designer clothes. They paid pennies for them, did not return some of my items when I paid $10.99 to have them returned and now I find out that they gave away my Hunter rain boots when I specified I wanted them back. These boots were worn only twice and were in pristine condition. There is no one to hold these thieves accountable or get reimbursed for the items they claim would not sell. My Hunter boots were not even listed, they were stolen the minute they arrived. This is what they sent;

Hi Indulekha

Thank you for reaching out! I am happy to help you.

I can see that boots from your bag

#B2Q4W-GGE79 could not be accepted by our processors. We do not have access to detailed information, but the reasons provided were:

Items were unclean or stained

Items had no sizing information

Items were considered off-trend

Items matched an overstocked category

Desired outcome: I want my boots back or I want the replacement value reimbursed to me. They were worn twice so replacement value would be exactly what I paid for them.

U
3:38 pm EST

thredUP - Pair of sandals

I purchased a pair of slides made in China and they were described as "44-45=12US women". I wear a size 11, but frequently buy size 12 if I think they may run smaller and being made and purchased directly from China, I ordered them thinking, at the least they will be a size 11. I was wrong, the largest size these would fit is a size 10, my best friend wears a size 9.5 and they fit her perfectly will a hair of room in the back. She would have bought these from me, but she already has them. There is no way to return these for "not as described" as I would lose my shipping charge and this BS $1.99 restocking fee. I may sell things here as I have a large store on a very popular online site but will NOT ever buy again as there is no recourse for not as described.

You never know the bad policies of a site until something goes wrong. I am out a measly $20, but for me it's the principle. NEVER AGAIN :(

Desired outcome: The only outcome I would want is full refund in it's entirety. Seeing as that's not what they do, never shopping with them again hurts them more than me.

M
9:20 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Awful experience! I ordered 3 pair of shoes, two did not fit, one was defective. I returned them the next day and was charged $2 each as a "restocking fee". I never got a refund so I checked the site. I was issued a store credit, not a refund. When I contacted support, after MUCH searching and run around to do so, I was told "I see that your return wa...

F
1:16 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Merchandise Return # 4516062 Your return is complete and your credit of $144.21 has been processed. Good afternoon, I want to complain about this company and their poor judgment of selling stuff in bad condition and the smelled nasty. When I made a complain on their portal someone apologize and stated that I will get my money back, that was back in...

A
7:27 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

thredUP - Took my money and still have not sent products

Took my money and still have not sent products. Try to give them benefit of the doubt. Paid them on the 13th and items still have not shipped. I've tried to go through the company cannot get a response. There is no phone number and their "chat" service is worthless. You are talking to a robot who keeps saying the same thing. Got an email saying that my items will ship in six days or so? But when you try to pull a tracking number, nothing is there and no status update. It is ridiculous. I will be disputing it with my bank

M
10:21 pm EST

thredUP - Missing Order

Oder #[protected] not received. Instead, I received a purse I did not order. All the shipping information on the box was correct. They simply screwed up the orders, and I have not been able to reach them. They have not responded to messages, their chat is not active, and they have no phone number to call. They have stolen my money without recourse. The website even says the skirt in the order is not returnable. Hard to return something I never got.

Mary Jane Johnston

Desired outcome: Refund of all money paid.

D
9:07 am EST

thredUP - Selling my clothes

I ordered a clean out box and loaded it up with very expensive designer clothing. I even weighed it as it was such a big box, weighing in at 30 pounds which was their limit. Received a notification saying they received my box. It's been months and now they said they "lost" my box. And they sent a $35 credit and think that will cover it. Gimme a break!

Desired outcome: Credit me $500 or find my box and return it!!!!!!!!!!

11:51 am EST

thredUP - Missing Frye Boots

Hello,
the label was printed in March, see attached image for proof. I sent Grey Frye biker books back in October and have not heard a word from the company. I emailed a few weeks ago and still have not gotten a response.
the label (and I added insurance) is:
B2V99-N4DQF

These boots are worth about $200.I would like the boots returned or sold. If they are lost, I would like to file a claim for them.

Desired outcome: return boots or help me sell them!

E
11:03 am EST

thredUP - Shipping Has No Insurance

I sent two very large boxes full of nice clothing, shoes, accessories, and bags on January 8, 2022 via USPS with the postage provided by ThredUp.

Those packages are now missing and I cannot file a claim to get any money from USPS since the shipping they pay for has no insurance.

There were a LOT of very high quality items in those boxes and I am afraid I just gave them away for free to whoever ends up finding or throwing my boxes out since they've been lost in the mail.

Desired outcome: Money.

1 comment
D
Jan 17, 2022 9:08 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wow! Same thing happened to me

1:00 pm EST

thredUP - My bag of clothes, purses and shoes Bag#: B2BAC-KG637

I have been a customer many years and have enjoyed working with the company. I sent a clean-out bag to ThreadUP in July. It was finally processed 12/7/21. My Louis Vuitton purse is not listed. I sent a photo and an email to customer service on 12/7/21 asking why my authentic purse was not accepted. No word from them. I expect them to contact me with a solution for my issue. I have since looked into the company and it sounds like this is not just a problem that has happened to me. Other people have been through the same thing.

[protected]@yahoo.com

Desired outcome: Compensation for purse or purse returned

Update by Ginnyabfc
Dec 08, 2021 1:01 pm EST

ThreadUP customer no-service

R
7:46 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Paid with Visa credit card and was charged for 2 shirts, and never have received them . This was paid for on November 8, 2021. And today is November 19th, 2021. When do I get back my $? Or receive my 2 shirts? Please respond to me, Thankyou, Laura Ruben

12:14 pm EDT

thredUP - Undelivered package from thredup

I ordered a Eileen Fisher dress that was shipped by a UPS intermediatry in AZ to NJ. The UPS in NJ packed a skid (without my package) sent it to Berlin MD to the USPS. USPS found that 3 pkgs were missing from the skid, mine from ThredUP being one. The Berlin post office did not file a claim. Don't know why! I tried to file a claim with ThredUP and UPS but AI is sending me in circles.
I am beyond frustrated and disappointed in the customer support.

Desired outcome: Want my package for a soeciyevent!

E
7:32 pm EDT

thredUP - No contact, no refund

ThredUp has no contact number or email. Their chat is automated. There is no way to contact them for a refund. ThredUp sent the wrong item. It was totally wrong-the wrong brand, style, color, etc. Additionally, it was dirty with food on it. I initiated a return but realized I would owe ThredUp money with their $2 restocking fee and $9 shipping. The only refund ThredUp offers is a store credit. ThredUp also describes items incorrectly. I received a shirt that was described as embroidered. Instead, it was covered in a gold metallic 1980's splatter. Couldn't contact

2:05 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

thredUP - All services related to shipping.

I have continually tried to contact some kind of customer care rep. And getting led to a site in which I need to pay a dollar to receive service? Unbelievable I just want to speak to a customer representative about a package concern. Why do I want to pay a dollar to do Thred up customer service work? I just want assistance in a area related to my shipment. This is a lot of work iam not getting paid for! You want me to give a dollar? Nonsense! Please contact me accordingly, promptly! My time is valuable! You work for me. That's why I order from you to so I have the convenience of online shopping! This isn't convenient!

Desired outcome: Refund