Having problems with thredUP?

thredUP reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 29, 2012. The latest review Duped by seller was posted on Apr 17, 2021. The latest complaint package not received was resolved on Apr 24, 2018. thredUP has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 50 reviews. thredUP has resolved 2 complaints.

thredUP Customer Service Contacts

+1 617 575 9676 (Customer Service)
+1 925 266 5950 (Walnut Creek Store)
+1 737 205 1718 (Austin Store)
114 Sansome St., 5th Floor
San Francisco, California
Return Address
thredUP Distribution Center, 2992 Alvarado Street, Unit A, San Leandro, CA 94577

Locations and Hours

Walnut Creek, California
Walnut Creek Pop-Up, 1450 Mount Diablo Blvd, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Monday – Sunday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Austin, Texas
10910 Domain Drive Suite 112, Austin, Texas 78758
Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with thredUP Customer Service. Initial thredUP complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for thredUP above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about thredUP. Discuss the issues you have had with thredUP and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

thredUP Complaints & Reviews

ThredupDuped by seller

My Order number is [protected].

I placed an order because the seller indicated the details about the item. I received the the item and it was not as described. I checked the web site to see if I made a mistake. There is absolutely no description of the item I purchased. I believe the seller led me on. Where is the description of my item? How come the description is not available now?

It's ridiculous that there is no contact number for this company. They probably knew they would be inundated with phone calls so they make it very difficult to contact them.

ThredupImpossible to return items

I ordered two items from THREDUP. They don't fit. When I purchased them it said that they were eligible for return. I went to the returns page and it is blank. There are no icons to press to start a return. The chat box is not helpful, they keep sending me back to the blank returns page. I am really unhappy with this site. You never can get in touch with them. No phone number, no customer support email address. BUYER BEWARE!

ThredupClean out bags

I mailed a clean out bag and it was received by Thred up on 8/30/20. I placed two orders on 9/5/20 and 9/27/20 received these items with no problem. I can show that the payouts decreased by 2/3 of what I typically received for my clothing. My Cleanout bag is not processed still. I am quite sure Thred up received paycheck protection funds and had no problem sending my items they marked up dramatically to sell . As you can see my payouts went from 59$ -36$ to 4$, 5$, 10$ and they literally gave me nothing for Lilly Pulitzer that they sold. Thred up is committing fraud, misrepresenting payout and being mismanaged and they need to be sued for this.

Oct 14, 2020

Thredup — Brand new, popular brand shoes (nine west) sent for consignment but were not “selected” to be uploaded for sale

My complaint relates to the processing of clean out bag B2YKQ VB9WY. This clean out bag was processed on...

Apr 28, 2020

Thredup — Seller beware!!!

I can not say enough terrible things about this crooked company. I have been in business, both corporate and...

Threduptwo bags mailed on the same day in march 2020

Two bags were mailed in March 2020. Only one was confirmed. The second bag had more designer handbags and jewlery. Never heard anything back and the company is impossible to get a real person to talk with about finding out what happened to the second bag. I had very good results in the beginning but this issue impossible! I can not find out anything through Thredup!

Thredupnever received credit for a bag of designer clothes!

I sent to ThredUp a bag of designer clothes of 22 items in January 2020. I kept checking my account to see what they would keep and nothing ever showed up so I emailed towards the end of January. No response. But I did receive an email that said, "Please rate your call with Jessica". So I emailed again and still no response! I can't find an 800 number. It's INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING to not have your emails responded to and to not have the ability to speak to a human being!!!

Thredupstealing clothes/ poor quality clothing

I sent a large package of pre owned clothing, many name brands. I never received a response on what they decided with regard to what they were going to purchase and/or return. I attempted to inquire but with no response. Never got any items returned and no money was sent. I have a credit with thredUP and would appreciate a check as I tried to purchase additional items however the items received were badly worn, faded and often with holes. Stay away from thredUP, I now see many of their items on Ebay.

• Mi
                MissDisplaced Mar 21, 2020

So they basically steal the clothes people send in, find a way to "reject" them, then sell on Ebay?

Thredupmissing chanel scarf from my bag!

I am missing my Chanel Scarf!
              i had sent them a Chanel scarf along with other high priced items with a box and everything. they sent out one maxi dress as an unaccepted item but not my Chanel scarf. I bought return assurance to make sure i get my high priced items back incase they dont accept any.
              No news of it..Get help section sucks...no response nothing...i have tried to contact but there is no actrual number..where is my scarf????
              they bluff and say there will be a tracking number for your kit return but i have nothing...

Threduperror message appears persistently while I try to place my order

I have been trying to buy 3 items, using the same valid credit card I used just 3 days ago with ThredUp. I keep getting an error message saying that I am not providing "valid payment information." I have re-entered every box 6 times.
                There is no way I can see to fix this problem. I also can find no way to reach a real person to assist with this problem. The only telephone numbers posted (on a different site) have only electronic answerers. I have been at it for several hours now, with no changed results. VERY FRUSTRATING.
                I have written 3 emails, and no real response. The stock answer is that it can take from 7 - 10 days to respond. Unfortunately, my "cart" will expire long before then. And my "bundle" option will also expire. SO I'm feeling pretty defeated, and thinking that ThredUp is not a good way for me to buy or sell my quality gently used name brand clothing. 11-11-19

Thredupclothing I sent to them and haven't received any money for the items they sold.

Back during the summer I sent in about 5 or 6 bags of clothing to them. They sold some of the clothing under the pretext that I would get a portion of the money. I hit my cash out button and still haven't received any money from them.i want my money and they need to be shut down and sued for falsely advertising that when they sell your clothes you get a portion of the money.

Thredupthey stole my clothes.

I sent in a bag of clothes to consign. They posted everything EXCEPT 3 barely worn boys Under Armour sweatshirts. What happened to them when they were Included in the bag I sent? Who knows since there is absolutely no way to file a customer complaint. I am contacting the Better Biz Bureau. It's the principle of it as I am sure they are scamming a lot of other people. Keeping the best items for themselves? What do they do with it?

Thredupsupport/ refund

I have ordered clothes from them twice now and both times when some items were returned I never got refunded my money for them. I love this concept and the layout of the website, but I feel like I' getting ripped off. I've emailed, called and chatted and cannot get a hold of anyone. I work in SF across from their corporate office. Maybe I should just show up and demand some help!

ThredUp, Inc.hesche leather satchel and antonio melani shoes

Changed address on website several times, but once the order goes through, my old address came up which is where these have been sent. Once I realized that it was happening again, I tried to cancel the order (ThredUP does not allow that I guess)
                        but could not find a way to do so. I have also contacted them several times regarding the address change issue. The address shows on the website order page as changed, but once you hit the purchase button you can see that the old one is the shipping address. So, that is why it happened twice. I thought that I had corrected it. They have no customer service number that I am aware of.

• Updated by Michelle Smyth · Dec 16, 2019

I called Thred Up customer service and as well I sent email couple times.
                            No one reply to my email.
                            Also I did chat window and person said wait.
                            It has been one month.

• Mi
                            Michelle Smyth Dec 25, 2019

I ordered 4 items of clothes from Thred Up and returned on 11/1/2019.
                            As of today I did not receive a credito fo $83.83.
                            User ID [protected]
                            Order #[protected]
                            Return #2521675
                            Please let me know.
                            My email is [email protected]

• Ta
                            Tao11 Oct 20, 2019

i cannnot generate a return label ...their process seems stuck. Am left with the alternative of paying the return postage.

A hat i am returning was misrepresented. thredUP advertised it as 'fits all'. The reality is that there is a tag inside with a size of '0/S'. it is too small for my head ... seems suited for a child.

Thredupitem I ordered is not described correctly (fabric content wrong) false advertising!

Item was supposed to be 100% Cotton;it's not, it's actually 55%Linen&45%Rayon-I like natural, 100%cotton clothing, that's why I ordered it;IF I'd known the Truth about the fabric content I wouldn't have bought it-classic case of FALSE ADVERTISING!I won't buy anymore clothing from these Fraudsters!They Cheat you on resale items, too, plus lie&Steal items

Thredupcustomer service

First, I want to start by saying how frustrating it is not to be able to connect with a human being at a company that you are trying to purchase things from. I emailed ThredUp regarding another order days ago and no one has responded to my inquiry, which is concerning since the following inquiry is time-sensitive.

I just received my Goody Box but there was no invoice in the box so I have no idea how much any of these clothes cost. I can't find one in my account either.

The "response" email from customer service said it could take up to 5 days for someone to get back to me, which is convenient since this box needs to be returned within 7 days or I'll be charged for all of it.

And, I agree with others that their payout policies are BS. I stopped selling with them and now I am pretty sure I won't shop with them either. Returns cost $9, plus a $2 restocking fee. I'll stick with Amazon, I think.

Thanks.

Aug 08, 2019

Thredup — online shopping

I got burned too. I think this company steals and I read so many complaints about the way they operate...

Jul 17, 2019

Thredup — sent a purchase back for return and was given 1/3 what I was originally charged!

I have been ordering from ThredUp for over a year now, living in the desert you can't find much fashion near...

Thredupdonation kit vs consignment

Kit # B2YET-ETMW7

I sent this kit in about 3 to 4 weeks ago and finally received a confirmation that ThredUP had received it, but instead of doing consignment, they decided to do it as a donation box… Which I NEVER selected at all! There are two completely different tabs on their website and I have never selected donation… Of course, this box had tons of shoes, brand new items and now no one is responding. I cannot get anyone to reply to emails or online on their instant messaging option. I need someone to contact me please to get this resolved.

Thredupstealing clothes from customers, refuse to provide information about the recycling of clothes

I sent 3 pairs of brand new never worn and expensive shoes including a pair of reppetto and a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes with the hope that thredup would buy them from me and sell them on their website as advertised. Instead they gave me 0$ and are selling them anyway on their website. They have also refuse d to send the items back or provide any information regarding their supposed recycling.