Having problems with Belk?

Belk reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 27, 2007. The latest review Customer service and rudeness was posted on Sep 4, 2021. The latest complaint shipping and billing was resolved on Dec 29, 2014. Belk has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 288 reviews. Belk has resolved 53 complaints.

Belk Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 235 5443 (Customer Service)
+1 800 669 6550 (Rewards Card Customer Service)
2801 W. Tyvola Rd
Thu7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Belk Customer Service. Initial Belk complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Belk above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Belk. Discuss the issues you have had with Belk and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Belk Complaints & Reviews, Page 12

Belkshipping and billing

Never order from Belk online. They will place a whole on your bank account so you cant access the amount of your purchase and then debit each item as it ships to you so it's like your paying for your items twice until the decide to release the whole on the total amount of the purchase. Besides all that each item you order ship seperately not all together like most stores. I will never shop at belk again in store nor online ans will be telling everyone I know not to and the reason why.

Belkscoat with incorrect belt

I purchased a coat for my daughter black friday. Due to belks error the coat belt was much smaller than the size of the coat. The coat was a size large but the belt was a small. I went to belks at friendly center to see if I could exchange the coat purchased with my credit card (my first purchase) and I was advised that they did not have one and that they would check other stores. The store in boone had one but would not do a even exchange and would not ship it to be at no cost even though it was s belk error. I tried to speak to a superivisor but was hung up on. I then spoke with a supervisor at belks and she said that she could not help me unless I was willing to pay $39.00 for the coat and pay to have it shipped. I could not believe that belks customer service was so poor that I could not even get any assistance getting the correct coat without paying more for it. I then kept the coat and left the store. I am so disappointed. I will not be using this credit card and do not plan to shop in belks!!! Regina mebane.

2 Responses
      • Li
        lili Feb 28, 2009

Learn how to read

• St
        starla myers Dec 22, 2008

I ORDERED ONLINE WITH BELKS FOR CHRISTMAS THE WEB SAID 50.00 OFF 150.00 AND WHEN I SUBMITTED MY ORDER THEY WOULD NOT GIVE IT TO ME THEY SAID THIS WAS JUST ON CERTAIN STUFF YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THE FINE PRINT WELL NEWS FOR YOU BELKS WHEN IT GETS HERE I AM SENDING IT BACK. AND RIPPING UP MY CREDIT CARD

Belk — my money

Made a return and the woman never asked me how I wanted my $63.47 back and but it back to my visa gift card...

Belksno associates tending fitting rooms

My husband was taking me shopping for my birthday friday the 5th of december around 8pm. I picked out a outfit to try on and went into the fitting room to try it on. Usually there are associates there to assist you at the door. None to be found. As I was undressed and trying on the outfit a teen boy walks in on me. Why is there no locks on the doors? Why is a boy in a woman's fitting room? Where are the associates? I will never again return to this store! I felt like if there were someone assisting customers at the fitting rooms this would have never happen.

Hudson Belk — Assault

(name of victim)"lowell peterson"... On july 29th... Loss prevention officer jeff whitaker responded...

Belk — rude service desk lady and store manager

Had purchased a dress among other things in April 2014 during the 'employee appreciation sale'.The...

Belk — bad workplace

I am a seasoned belk associate of 11 years now and though I have worked in numerous places this is the worst...

Belkfalse advertising

Belk issued an adverisement in the Middle Tennessee area for "$39.99 all sizes 400-thread count 100% cotton wrinkle free sheets by Home Accents Full, queen and king orig. 90.00-110.00." When I went to the Belk store at Cool Springs Galleria, the woman in the Home Store (outside the main Belk store in the mall) said that "they never stock the full sheets." So, I went to Customer Service to have the sheets delivered to the store (usually free shipping if you pick it up in the store at most places). "We don't provide that service. Shipping is $9.50." Well, it does not state in the adverstisement that you have to pay $9.50 extra to get the full size sheets. She called the store in Murfreesboro, TN only to be told that they, too, never stock full sheets. So, I call the main customer service number from the website [protected]) and explain the issue. The representative states that the ad is only "while quantities last." However, they did NOT sell out of full sheets, THEY NEVER STOCKED THEM IN THIS AREA yet still advertised them! He refused to waive the $9.50 shipping fee, instead telling me that I could "drive to the Huntsville, AL store which is only 110 miles away." This is not the first time I have gone to Belk for something in their ad that was not available for the advertised price. BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!!!

Belk — customer service

We went to belk, wanted to purchase 10 perfumes between four of us. We went to ladies perfume counter and...

Belksterrible customer treatment

I was treated badly by a customer sales person working in ralph lauren and lilly pulitzer at belks, at oglethorpe mall, in savannah, ga. She was a young girl in her 20s or 30s, and she rolled her eyes everytime I asked her a question. She did not want to be bothered. She hung around the cash register and sulked. I am a diabetic and my blood sugar was getting low. I had a hard time getting my credit card through the machine, so she yanked my card out of my hand and acted angry. I contacted the store manager, jennifer, and she seemed not to care. She took my name and address and wanted to send me something. Something never came!!! I contacted the corporate manager who was over all the managers at belks stores, across the nation, and he listened to my complaint and said he was going to send me a gift certificate. He seemed to not care either!!! Shock, the gift certificate never came!!! It was not my intent to try and get something for complaining, but if you're going to do something or mail me something - do it!!! This is belk's way of getting me of their back and trying to shut me up!!! I have decided to rip my credit card up and will never ever, ever, ever, ever, shop at belks again. I will take my business to macy's, neiman marcus, nordstorms, and other stores and I will shop online, but belks has lost me as a customer forever!!! Customer service is non-existent at belks stores!!! Good bye belks!

Belksundays

It is a shame the way Belk is open on Sundays. The founder, Old Man Belk, didn't believe that the store should be open on Sundays. When he was on his deathbed, he asked his sons to promise that they would never open the store on Sunday. They promised.

Old Man Belk died on a Tuesday. The following Sunday, all Belk stores were open.

3 Responses
              • Sl
                slave to retail Jul 12, 2014

Sundays should be a day of rest and a day for family...like it use to be. Belk and so many other retailers only care about the $$. If consumers would stop shopping, they would have to close.
                I dislike the fact we have to now work longer hours without notice, standing at POS while it is busy, ringing for 3-4 hrs straight and they will not even provide a padded mat for employees. But, they say the care :/

• Re
                RetailSlave985 Apr 06, 2014

That's because Tim and Johnny Belk only worship one god: the almighty dollar.

• Ke
                Kevonar Nov 25, 2013

I understand J.C. Penney o. was the same way, their stores did not open on Sundays until after Mr. Penney died. Personally I'd like to see a return to stores closing on Sunday. Think of the impact on the environment closing stores one day a week would have, less greenhouse gases produced by electricity generating plants and cars.

Belksstore manager

I was shopping in the belks in beaufort south carolina and I am here to tell you that a ms. Olszewski is a very rude individual and I will not ever shop in your beaufort belks store again as long as she is there. I didn't know that a belks manager could be so rude and crude to patrons who spend money in their stores. You need to do something with her, according to her employees they agreed that she is rude and not a very nice person. What is belks coming to these days.

Mrs. Rose jeter

1 Response
                • Why The Long Faces Nov 23, 2012

Exactly how and why was she rude and crude? What did you do? There is always more to the story when complaints have absolutely NO details.

Belk, Inc — angryworker

store manager shows favoritism and is not always on duty made me come to work and miss class when i tolder...

Belk — unfair treatment, favoritism, and unprofessional behavior

The store manager treats her employees, as well as customers with disrespect. She cuts people short and act...

Belks — refund policy, quality issues

I have shopped at Belks for years, but I will not shop there any longer. I, like many people, use my...

Bethlehem

Belkbad management

This is the worst company I ever worked for, period. Managers gossip and show favoritism on a daily basis. They have a different set of rules for associates who are their friends than they do for the rest. I have overheard them gossiping about associates on the sales floor and I think this is so unprofessional. As far as working conditions go, it is a bad place to work. Management is never happy with your efforts and they expect you to do the work of 3 people for very low pay. Now, they started walking around with a notebook to write down exactly what you are doing and how you are doing it! They nitpick everything, even the way I was signing the fitting room log! Instead of micromanaging overworked, underpaid employees they should put all that effort into overhauling their management practices. Do not work here!!!

2 Responses

Belks — in store account payment

I was in Staunton and wanted to make a payment against my account with Belks. While Belks will gladly take...

Belk — hostile work environment

I worked for belk less than a year and was written up numerous times - based on things 'someone else said' -...

Belkunfair

I have worked for belk for a while now. The company makes a ton of money; however, they do not pay employees fairly. They want belk to be a place where people want to work but they don't want to pay anyone anything either. Their loss prevention positions do not make any money at all. One of the lp's I work with made multiple stops, felony cases, and investigates a lot and only received a 10 cent raise! That lp has saved the company more money than he makes a year! They base the lp's review/raise on what their stores shortage is. If your store doesn't meet the shortage goal you do not get a raise. So that tells you it doesn't matter how many stops or cases you've made they won't give you a raise. ### place i've ever worked for. As soon as I can find another job, i'm out of there.

Belkstore management

I have worked for Belk for almost 10 years. I loved working there for a while. Now I hate it. The local managers are put under a lot of pressure by corporate to get credits opened. Charge cards drive our stores. Without them, Belk would go under. The money they make off the cards is incredible. No money is put into the stores for updates, cleaning or for additional employees. Our restroom is nasty, our dressing rooms are filthy, for some reason the floors are carpets and are full of "who knows what". All corporate cares about is selling credit. An employee can be terminated or have their salary cut significantly if credit goals are not made. It is insane. If the general public knew how sorry a company Belk was to work for, they would probably start shopping somewhere else. To corporate, we are all just cattle, associates and local store and department managers. They cannot be pleased.