Having problems with Belk?

Belk reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 27, 2007. The latest review Customer service and rudeness was posted on Sep 4, 2021. The latest complaint shipping and billing was resolved on Dec 29, 2014. Belk has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 288 reviews. Belk has resolved 53 complaints.

Belk Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 235 5443 (Customer Service)
+1 800 669 6550 (Rewards Card Customer Service)
2801 W. Tyvola Rd
Thu7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Belk Customer Service. Initial Belk complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Belk above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Belk. Discuss the issues you have had with Belk and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Belk Complaints & Reviews

BelkCustomer service and rudeness

I bought two pair of pants from the Waxahachie store (August 29) using my Mastercard. One pair didn't fit well and although all the tags were present, I had accidentally thrown away the receipt. I thought they could pull them up using my cc. Went back to the store Sept 03 to do a refund. The first cashier couldn't find the purchase in the computer and acted as though I had shoplifted them. She called the manager and he took me to another cashier and left. Same thing happened. I went home and pulled up my credit card billing. Next day I took it and the tag from the pants I was keeping and tried again. The manager Frank, was really rude and insisted all he could do was give me the cash in the amount of the sale price that day. I kept asking how was it possible my credit card showed the purchase only a few days prior but Belk's system showed no purchases. Never got an answer except for "take it or leave it" That's really fishy. Perhaps I should have disputed the charge on my cc as they don't seem to be able to prove I purchased anything.

BelkManagement

New managers are completely incompetent. Unprofessional.
    Schedules are not put out in a timely manner. I have another job
    The store has turned into for lack of a term Ross or jcpennys. the floor layouts are wrong. Management goes against store format. The floor doesn't flow, people are confused. Returning customers ask were is everything. Constantly changing the floor bc protocol isn't being followed

BelkService I’m complaining about

On 10/21 my wife and I were shopping in your. Ocala Florida store. We were being attended to by a vey courteous associate. Information wise, I'm a 62 year old black and have been a card holder for 14 years. Back to the story. As the attendants was helping us a white gentle walked up to the counter. She, the manager got the attention of the associate and told him to take care of care the guy, leavibing us standing without even acknowledging us. Even the guy at the counter recognized the way she acted and apologized to us. Her name was Marion and this happened 6pm going off my receipt. The only thing kept me from getting very verbal was the attendant. His name was Fernando, very professional. Their roles should be opposite. Out of all these years this was the first I experienced anything in your store like this

BelkPlus Size Womens Clothing

Hello Designers of Women's Plus Size Clothing. Please listen up because you just don't get it. Plus Size women don't need arm openings that are 20" openings. We need tops that are larger in the middle and bottom. Just because the current styles are "Cropped" doesn't mean plus sizes need to be cropped. That area is what we are trying to cover up. Plus size means you increase the size around the stomach and hem. Triangle styles would be nice. You Designers just don't get it and it is costing your business millions of dollars. We also would like the same styles and materials as basic women's style. Why do you think just because it is "PLUS" size you have to use different fabrics (ugly) and try to design a whole new top (ugly). We are not ugly and do not waste our money on your poor excuse of design. Wake up!! Belk if your current designers can't design clothing, find others that will. You are going broke due to your current designers. We are not spending our hard earned money on "disposal clothing" and styles that don't fit.

Belksak crossbody

I ordered the same sak crossbody bag twice in the last three months and both times were send the wrong item ..this not only causing me not to receive the right item but two unnecessary trips to the store to return the items ..as I have leukemia and with the virus going on this puts me at a risk for covid19 ... Belk needs to make sure item ordered is send to their customers ..

Apr 26, 2021

Belk — Horrible packaging

I recently started ordering online from belk.com. I was a palled at the obvious lack of care my clothes were...

BelkDress shirt and pants

My mom bought me a dress shirt and pants they were a little to big.. i tried them on ...so i decided to return them ...they wouldn't even do a exchange ...simply cause the tags were off...wich is stupid said it violated there covid policy..and haven't shopped here.so i didn't know the little ignorant policy...you have to try on clothes to get the right fit.not all clothes fit the same..tags have nothing to do with it...they were rude and treated me like i had covid 19...wich i don't ...this is in corinth ms.38834...this deserves a lawsuit ...there is no more covid restrictions in mississippi.

Dress shirt and pants
            Dress shirt and pants

BelkFleece jacket

I purchased this as a Christmas gift. My Sister In Law wore it once and it fell apart as she was traveling. The photos are of the jacket and her slacks after one wear. I mailed this gift to her and don't want her to have to pay to ship it back to me as I already paid to ship it to her for Christmas. This was very embarrassing to give someone a gift that falls apart. It makes it seem like I made a cheap purchase. Please resolve this issue asap by providing the credit to my account. The receipt is below, account number is; [protected]/25 expiration. Marion Hunter. I appreciate your attention to this matter.

BelkSales and Customer Service

I ordered the item. I never received the item but received a bill and was advised to pay the bill even though I never received the item. I have opened the claim with Belk (Case # 5346118) No one called me or acknowledged my case number that I opened through the customer representative for over a month. I even asked to speak with a supervisor. Samantha the supervisor almost laughed at me and said that she can't refund me until my case will be reviewed. No one reviewed my case for over a month and every time I call being asked to wait for 5-7 business days respond. It is going for almost 2 months now. Please help to resolve this issue!

Feb 02, 2021

Belks — Dressing rooms.

I rarely shop there now that they've closed off the dressing rooms, I suspect because of covid. Why...

Jan 29, 2021

Belk — Unauthorized credit running

Your employee, cashier ran my credit after I asked her not too, and she said she wouldn't in order to get discount

BelkCoupon from an ordered cancelled by belk

I received a $100 off/$100 coupon from the Belk store in November 2020. I used the coupon to order my son a set of earphones for Christmas. A week later, Belk sent me an email stating they had to cancel the order with no reasoning behind it. I called them to have them set it right since I did not cancel the order I should be able to retrieve the coupon. They assigned me a case number and said someone would contact me. About a month later on December 21, 2020 I called back and was assigned a new case number and was told someone would call me back. Fast forward to today, January 15, 2021. I had to call back because no called me and was told today because it was a one time use coupon they could not reissue it and all they could do was give me 15% off my next online order. I have serious issue with this considering I was given the coupon at the door and they cancelled the order, not me and 15% off is drastically low compared to what I received.

Belk MC Synchrony BankMisapplied payment

A payment was misapplied to an old Belk card account that was closed due to fraudulent activity by a Belk employee. I have called several times (on hold for hours) talked to 6 different people that all have seen the misapplied payment but refuse to do nothing. All I would like if for my funds to returned to me or applied to the other account. Belk is holding my funds for what ever reason. It has been 2 months with no response. My next call is to my State Attorney to file a complaint.

Jan 04, 2021

Belk — Return service

My mother received two outfits identical (Alfred Dunner) for Christmas and obviously didn't need two...

Wise

BelkBiltmore 610 Thread Count Egyptian Sheets (order #[protected])

Just received a set of Queen sheets (Biltmore brand, see above). I am so disappointed in the quality of these sheets. I purposely saved the label of the sheets that I had purchased a couple of years ago as we were so pleased with the quality. The label appears to have the same information. Decided to keep instead of gifting. After washing before using for the first time, they shrunk and made it difficult to make the bed. Also, the feel is not the same silky feel. They have a rough texture. Iwould have been embarrassed if I gave as a gift. Just wanted to let you know that I (we) a extremely disappointed with the quality.
                      I have been a loyal Belk card holder for 50 years and this is the first complaint I have written with you. Just wanted you to be aware.
                      Patricia K Clapp Belk card #[protected] (667)

Respond

BelkWrong item shipped to me

Wrong item was sent by Belk. Customer service was horrible. I was (accidentally) hung up on twice causing me to sit on the phone for over 20 min each time. Finally went to chat just to be told to send the item back at my expense. This is unacceptable due to the fact I did not cause the issue. The running shoes sent to me me were substantially cheaper than the ones I paid for. The wrong shoes were put into the box of the shoes I should have received. My order number is [protected]. My name is Greg Garcia 14114 North Del Webb Trail Marana Az, 85658 my phone is+[protected]. Please make it right so folks can say good things about Belk.

Wrong item shipped to me
                        Wrong item shipped to me

BelkShipping order

I placed an order for 2 items on Dec 7 2020.
                          I received 1 item Dec 14.
                          When I look at my order it states the one item that I have not received "Ready to Go"
                          When I click the icon to track my order it,
                          it says tracking details will be available once the package arrives at UPS.
                          Then gives a tracking number (that is not a UPS tracking number.)#9400111899564289289405
                          This item has been in the "Ready to go" spot for days now. Yesterday, Dec 14, I spent 56 minutes on the phone and Kitontoni was helping me locate this item and after a ten minute silence I was disconnected from the chat due to no activity.
                          That was extremely annoying.
                          I tried calling customer service but that was to no avail as well.
                          The Under Armor Hoodie
                          Shipment Total: $44.99
                          Order #: [protected]
                          is a Christmas gift needed before Dec 24... Any help with this issue would be appreciated. I believe I have already been charged for this item. I would like to know where it is; when it is coming or if the item isn't available; a refund.
                          Susan Boyett
                          [protected]@gmail.com
                          [protected]

BelkProduct

I am really mad I bought 2 set of samples perfumes on November 28 which I have not received yet and I can't even track them only says label was created on November 28, I know I should of received this items already but I have not. I have called like maybe 5 times but every time I call I get the run around. this items that I bought are gifts for Christmas and someone should care and get back to me with this information I will appreciate it.
                            My email is [protected]@yahoo.es
                            Thanks

Respond

BelkCharged my credit card twice for the same order

I got charged twice on my credit card for the same order online. I put in my credit cards details and placed the order but an error message popped up saying the order could not got through because of an issue with the payment card so I tried again using paypal the second time and the order went through.

I received afterward 2 sms from my bank confirming I was charged for the first transaction although there was an error message as well as the second on paypal.

Sent about 10 messages throug different channel to thecustomer service but got no response except one generic asking me to return the products...

Date: 25th Nov 2020
                              Order No: #[protected]
                              Resolution: request a refund

Respond

BelksCancelled my card no explanation

Called today.. Tried I place order... Said cancelled. Called customer serviceasked for new card.. Mine had expired and had not received a replacement. Been sick for 6 weeks. Was told they would not sent new card... It was closed... They can close them any time they want to. I spend thousands of dollars a year with belks.. I also made three payments in the last month. I will never set foot in that store again.