BB&T / bb&t will rob you blind with fees!
I too have been charged numerous overdraft fees by BB&T. Even though I have a credit card for overdraft protection, I was charged $70 dollars in overdraft fees for $7 dollars worth of purchases, and they said that the reason that they did not pull money from my credit card to cover it was because they can only pull money in $100 increments and I only had $96 available for my balance. So... my question is why can they not pull less than $100 dollars?
Also, they will deduct purchases made immediately from your account, however, deposits are TOTALLY different. IF you deposit a check before the designated time each day, it is not credited until after midnight. If you miss the designated time, it is not deposited until the FOLLOWING business day after midnight. Even when I deposited a check to cover the overdraft fees and bring my balance out of the red, I was charged yet another overdraft fee for an automatic payment that cleared after my check was deposited but before BB&T actually put it into my account. Do not bank with them.
More BB&T Complaints & Reviews
- BB&T Bank - they will flat ruin you! 
- BB&T - bb&t class action lawsuit 
- BB&T - loan modification 
- BB&T - frauds and scam 
- BB&T Bank - hold on my account 
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - online banking customer service
- BB&T - bb&t return fees
- [Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - return fees
- [Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - checking account
- [Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - hold and overdraft fees on my checking account