BB&T / predatory banking practices

I am a disabled veteran, and since 5/21/2007, bb&t has raped me for over $987.00 in nsf fees, when I have had a positive balance, and while they were sitting on cash deposits, and now we are in survival mode trying to stop their feeding frenzy... I am writing letters as we speak to the attorneys general of florida, georgia and north carolina, as well as the fdic to complain about their predatory business practices.

If there is a way to band together and stop them, then i'm in, but I doubt we will ever be able to stop them, until a congressman or senator is raped by them... Then watch how fast they straighten up...

If any of you figure it out, let me know!!

P. S. I am told that 6 cases warrants a class-action lawsuit, is anyone interested?

Email me at: gf_ww@yahoo.com

Comments

• Aj
      12th of Mar, 2008

I agree with you. We neeed to start a grass roots movement against the banks o f this country to try and bring these problems to the attention of our government. If that doesn't help, we need to get the citizens of this great country involved in a national boycott of the banks. Let's all open accounts at the credit unions!!

• Fr
      18th of Oct, 2008

Count us in!!!

• Me
      18th of Dec, 2008

I had the same issue. They put a 3 day hold on a check that was drawn off of their own branch, after i was told it would be available immediately. I had a recurring charge go pending while the check was there. I got the NSF fee the same day the pending charge posted...but the deposit had already gone through??? something is wrong...how can you charge a NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS fee when its at your won discretion to hold the funds!

12th of Jan, 2017

We have been working overseas and our pay has been deposited into a foreign account, therefore our business account went into a dormant status without notifying us. Since we assumed we still had access to our money, this December we transferred 13K from our other BBT account to this supposed dormant account and wrote a check from it for the IRS as not to get penalties for underpayment. We found out that the check to the IRS was denied. We have looked at the BBT Commercial bank agreement and it does not cover this. My Question is if the definition of a dormant account is one without a transaction, the transfer was indeed an allowed transaction. I was told that it was a withdrawal that was needed by the branch, but deposits were accepted. Furthermore in talking with the bank employees "complaint department" and branch both said that we would have to go in to branch to change this and get our account restored and the check to the IRS resent. We are overseas and unable to do so and now we are without the funds in our other account to pay the IRS. I think this is illegal any thoughts or lawyers out there that would provide us information?