Barclays Bank / Bait and switch fraud
Barclays (Juniper) issued me a credit card with a credit limit of $2500. I could see this online for approximately 10 days until I received the card. When I activated the card I was informed that my credit limit was $2500. My first use of the card was to transfer approx. $52.00 to my Paypal account. My credit limit immediately dropped to $500.
I called customer service and was transferred to an automated message that explained how I could 'Manage' my way back to the original credit limit. I called customer service back, the automated message hung up on me by the way, and explained to the CSR that if someone could not explain the change to me that I would cancel the account. After being put on hold for a while the CSR came back on the line and transferred me to the same automated message. I called back and canceled my account.
I filed a report with the BBB of Delaware. My preferred resolution with the BBB was that the original credit check and the subsequent cancellation do not show up on my credit report.
More Barclays Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Barclays Bank Draft - Draft is original or not and send this name or not 
- Barclays Bank - Unfair practice for balance transfer 
- Barclay Card Us - Apple's unholy alliance 
- Juniper Bank - Do not do business with these bank! 
- Juniper Bank - Fraud and scam 
- Barclays Bank - account closed 24%
- Barclays Bank - swift transmission
- Barclays Bank - current accounts
- Barclays Bank Plc. - Unauthorized credit card charges
- Barclays Bank - Unethical behaviour