Barclays Bank / Bait and switch fraud

1 Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:

Barclays (Juniper) issued me a credit card with a credit limit of $2500. I could see this online for approximately 10 days until I received the card. When I activated the card I was informed that my credit limit was $2500. My first use of the card was to transfer approx. $52.00 to my Paypal account. My credit limit immediately dropped to $500.

I called customer service and was transferred to an automated message that explained how I could 'Manage' my way back to the original credit limit. I called customer service back, the automated message hung up on me by the way, and explained to the CSR that if someone could not explain the change to me that I would cancel the account. After being put on hold for a while the CSR came back on the line and transferred me to the same automated message. I called back and canceled my account.

I filed a report with the BBB of Delaware. My preferred resolution with the BBB was that the original credit check and the subsequent cancellation do not show up on my credit report.

Ia

Comments

• Zs
      15th of Apr, 2009

Barclay bank is a fraud. I can't believe thet get away with what they do. I had an account with them. They ordered a magazine subscription on my account, without my permission. I called and asked them to close my account. They said I can not close my account until I pay for the magazine bill. I paid. A year after closing my account, they sent me another bill for $272, claiming that this is the late fee for the original magazine bill which I had never ordered.