Bank of the Philippine Islands / fraudulent credit card charges and ghost employees in cc deparment
I filed a case on fraudulent charges on my credit card back in 2008. The charges were reflected on my mom's card (an extension of my CC), which we claim we never received. They sent me a letter after a few months, informing me that my request to reverse the charges was denied and that I was hold accountable for the charges because they said (1) someone received my mom's credit card when they delivered it, and (2) I only reported the "lost card" after the charges were made. I told them I didn't report a lost card because there wasn't a card to report about, and that I reported for unauthorized charges. The letter instructed me to call a number and specified 2 employees I should get in touch with should I refuse the bank's decision. I called the number and looked for the employees and lo and behold — one was no longer with the company for 1 year then, and the other has resigned 2 years back. On this ground alone, it's already a misinformation which can be a basis for a BIG CASE against them. I pursued the issue but work and studies took the most part of my time and I eventually forgot about the issue. Then to my surprise, in 2010, the same person I was in touch with called and said they will be reimbursing me for 50% of the amount. I asked whythe change in decision and why now, they can't give me an explanation. I asked for a full refund plus the penalties incurred, and an email and snail mail about the offer and the new "decision" about my case. I never received any documentation. A few months after, another BPI officer called and made the same offer, and I told her about the previous demand I made plus the requests for the documentation. And as expected, nothing came thru my email and mail. I'm sure the bank officers closed my case despite the unresolved issue to cover up the case. I hope BPI calls soon to talk about this. I was reminded about this issue recently and am planning to revive the case and involve the media and the government agencies.
More Bank of the Philippine Islands Complaints & Reviews
- BPI Phone banking - incompetent tl phonebanker 
- Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - customer service
- BPI - customer service
- BPI - poor customer service 
- BPI - cancelled transaction (declined due to insufficient credit limit)
- [Resolved] Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - 4pm dollar cut-off
- Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - about the credit card delivery
- Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - worst service ever!!!
- Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - unsuccessful disbursement request for return
- Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - customer service/gross incompetence