Bank of the Philippine Islands / fraudulent credit card charges and ghost employees in cc deparment

1 Philippines Review updated:

I filed a case on fraudulent charges on my credit card back in 2008. The charges were reflected on my mom's card (an extension of my CC), which we claim we never received. They sent me a letter after a few months, informing me that my request to reverse the charges was denied and that I was hold accountable for the charges because they said (1) someone received my mom's credit card when they delivered it, and (2) I only reported the "lost card" after the charges were made. I told them I didn't report a lost card because there wasn't a card to report about, and that I reported for unauthorized charges. The letter instructed me to call a number and specified 2 employees I should get in touch with should I refuse the bank's decision. I called the number and looked for the employees and lo and behold — one was no longer with the company for 1 year then, and the other has resigned 2 years back. On this ground alone, it's already a misinformation which can be a basis for a BIG CASE against them. I pursued the issue but work and studies took the most part of my time and I eventually forgot about the issue. Then to my surprise, in 2010, the same person I was in touch with called and said they will be reimbursing me for 50% of the amount. I asked whythe change in decision and why now, they can't give me an explanation. I asked for a full refund plus the penalties incurred, and an email and snail mail about the offer and the new "decision" about my case. I never received any documentation. A few months after, another BPI officer called and made the same offer, and I told her about the previous demand I made plus the requests for the documentation. And as expected, nothing came thru my email and mail. I'm sure the bank officers closed my case despite the unresolved issue to cover up the case. I hope BPI calls soon to talk about this. I was reminded about this issue recently and am planning to revive the case and involve the media and the government agencies.

Comments

• Ju
      13th of Mar, 2012
    Bank of the Philippine Islands - Delayed delivery of Credit Card Statement of Account
    Philippines

The Bank of the Philippine Islands has always been late in delivering their credit statement of account to its clients. This has been a reason for concern since i am automatically charged with late and finance charges. I always pay in full and on time on my other credit cards since they deliver on time and to avoid penalties, but this bank seems to be inept in managing this problem.

• Kr
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - Phone hotline
    Philippines

Ive been trying to reach your hotline for almost a week now and its so hard. Almost 2 hrs just to talk to a representative engibg not to talk to anyone beucase of the wait time. Im just trying to ask for a redeluvery of mu credit card

• Si
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - captured Union pay card
    Shanghai
    sonos.com

April 16, 2018 at iloilo international airport my ATM issued abroad (China merchants Bank) was captured by the BPI machine during my second withdrawal. The Php 10, 000 was deducted to my account but the machine was not able to dispense the said amount.

How to deal this?

28th of Aug, 2018
    Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - Customer Service Assistance
    Market Market
    bpiexpressonline.com

I went to BPI Market Market before 12 noon to claim my new card replacement. I wonder why it takes too long. Some of them are using mobile phone while on duty. I ended up taking 2 hours of my time just to get my card. Using cellphone during bank process, is that legal?

1st of Sep, 2018
    BPI - Customer Service
    Cebu
    Philippines

2 hrs waiting - BPI Ayala FGU branch claiming ATM. End Result>>> No Good, ATM not arrived.. Bad service!!!

6th of Sep, 2018
    BPI - credit card charges

date of incident is october 30 2017
    client number is 09283397005
    i receive a message from your bank saying that i have my amount due how come i have to pay this amount if i am not even a credit card holder from your bank

• Ro
    BPI - Remittance
    Quezon city
    Philippines

Call center cannot give me an answer to my inquiry about my remittance to Philippines from singapore i just need to know if already remitted

BPI - website
    Philippines

why is your website always down? and it really sucks
    now it is alive but i could use the bills payment, when are you going to do something about this?

• Ru
    BPI - Deduction of my account
    Malabon
    Philippines

Good morning this c ruel miranda i withdraw 1000 pesos this morning, the atm machine deducted my account 2000 pesos .. how come it deducted me 2000 yet only i withdraw 1000 pesos

• Jb
      11th of Sep, 2018
    BPI - Rudeness
    Philippines

MOST of the BPI Phone Customer rep was very rude, sarcastic and not helpful.
    No phone etiquette.

• Ro
      19th of Sep, 2018
    BPI - debit card
    santa cruz laguna
    Philippines

good morning po ask ko lang po kung bakit nawala yung money ko sa account ko am robert caringal ramirez my number 09093026704

• Le
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - Billing for my credit card
    Philippines

I want my debts be paid on time. Just like my other card I received soa regularly thru my email add. pls.send to lendyvie28@yahoo.com. thank you.

• Jn
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - Outstanding Balance Charges
    Makati

Hello BPI,

I just paid yesterday PHP1, 000.00 for total amount due of PHP 924.00 why am I receiving another Outstanding balance of PHP 1, 924.00 without using it? Please investigate. The only Outstanding Balance that I have last time was only PHP 924.00. I will not pay for something I didn't use.
    Please email me at j.nepomuceno068@gmail.com

• Mi
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    BPI Cash and Carry - 2-hours waiting for opening account
    Makati
    Philippines

BPI Cash and Carry is the slowest in terms of processing. The clerks just accomodate the rich people. It took me 2-hours of waiting for it to be processed to open an account. Each clerk can accomodate 1-2 clients per hour only in terms of account open and closing so they are really not productive at all.

• Ad
      31st of Oct, 2018
    BPI - Rude Customer Representative
    Rizal
    Philippines

I'm currently on the phone now with one of your rep, her name is TASHA SANIANO, and she's very rude! Please investigate.
    I want a manager to email or give me a call to have this resolved.
    I was explaining to her what I did but she ssaid" Makinig kasi muna kayo".
    This is not the kind of service we're expecting from you...

• Re
      5th of Nov, 2018
    Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - Queue system
    Caloocan city
    Philippines

Waiting for almost 2hrs in the line but still no available counter is open for single transaction. Very disappointed for this branch. No separate line for bulk transaction.

13th of Nov, 2018
    Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] - Rejection of Cash Withdrawal due to No Cash
    Philippines

To whom this concern- I just want to express my frustration that BPI branch MH del Pilar corner St Monica St, Ermita rejected my cash withdrawal over the counter due to No Cash as early as 9am in the morning. It is my first ever experienced.