Bank of the Philippine Islandsfraudulent credit card charges and ghost employees in cc deparment

B Review updated:

I filed a case on fraudulent charges on my credit card back in 2008. The charges were reflected on my mom's card (an extension of my CC), which we claim we never received. They sent me a letter after a few months, informing me that my request to reverse the charges was denied and that I was hold accountable for the charges because they said (1) someone received my mom's credit card when they delivered it, and (2) I only reported the "lost card" after the charges were made. I told them I didn't report a lost card because there wasn't a card to report about, and that I reported for unauthorized charges. The letter instructed me to call a number and specified 2 employees I should get in touch with should I refuse the bank's decision. I called the number and looked for the employees and lo and behold — one was no longer with the company for 1 year then, and the other has resigned 2 years back. On this ground alone, it's already a misinformation which can be a basis for a BIG CASE against them. I pursued the issue but work and studies took the most part of my time and I eventually forgot about the issue. Then to my surprise, in 2010, the same person I was in touch with called and said they will be reimbursing me for 50% of the amount. I asked whythe change in decision and why now, they can't give me an explanation. I asked for a full refund plus the penalties incurred, and an email and snail mail about the offer and the new "decision" about my case. I never received any documentation. A few months after, another BPI officer called and made the same offer, and I told her about the previous demand I made plus the requests for the documentation. And as expected, nothing came thru my email and mail. I'm sure the bank officers closed my case despite the unresolved issue to cover up the case. I hope BPI calls soon to talk about this. I was reminded about this issue recently and am planning to revive the case and involve the media and the government agencies.

• Updated by George Lennox · Dec 20, 2019

Been waiting for a 12 million dollars check got email last year bill guy never answered me back

just a regular customer Mar 13, 2012

The Bank of the Philippine Islands has always been late in delivering their credit statement of account to its clients. This has been a reason for concern since i am automatically charged with late and finance charges. I always pay in full and on time on my other credit cards since they deliver on time and to avoid penalties, but this bank seems to be inept in managing this problem.

• Kr
    Kristin Aug 20, 2018

Ive been trying to reach your hotline for almost a week now and its so hard. Almost 2 hrs just to talk to a representative engibg not to talk to anyone beucase of the wait time. Im just trying to ask for a redeluvery of mu credit card

• Si
    simby Aug 20, 2018

April 16, 2018 at iloilo international airport my ATM issued abroad (China merchants Bank) was captured by the BPI machine during my second withdrawal. The Php 10, 000 was deducted to my account but the machine was not able to dispense the said amount.

How to deal this?

Jun14 Aug 28, 2018

I went to BPI Market Market before 12 noon to claim my new card replacement. I wonder why it takes too long. Some of them are using mobile phone while on duty. I ended up taking 2 hours of my time just to get my card. Using cellphone during bank process, is that legal?

Master Of None Sep 01, 2018

2 hrs waiting - BPI Ayala FGU branch claiming ATM. End Result>>> No Good, ATM not arrived.. Bad service!!!

Jovita Teopacodelfin Sep 06, 2018

date of incident is october 30 2017
    client number is [protected]
    i receive a message from your bank saying that i have my amount due how come i have to pay this amount if i am not even a credit card holder from your bank

• Ro
    romeo jr simbre Sep 10, 2018

Call center cannot give me an answer to my inquiry about my remittance to Philippines from singapore i just need to know if already remitted

joyc tan Sep 10, 2018

why is your website always down? and it really sucks
    now it is alive but i could use the bills payment, when are you going to do something about this?

• Ru
    Ruel16 Sep 10, 2018

Good morning this c ruel miranda i withdraw 1000 pesos this morning, the atm machine deducted my account 2000 pesos .. how come it deducted me 2000 yet only i withdraw 1000 pesos

• Jb
    J_B_R Sep 11, 2018

MOST of the BPI Phone Customer rep was very rude, sarcastic and not helpful.
    No phone etiquette.

• Ro
    robertramirez082130 Sep 19, 2018

good morning po ask ko lang po kung bakit nawala yung money ko sa account ko am robert caringal ramirez my number [protected]

• Le
    lendyvie Oct 15, 2018

I want my debts be paid on time. Just like my other card I received soa regularly thru my email add. pls.send to [protected]@yahoo.com. thank you.

• Jn
    J Nepomuceno Oct 15, 2018

Hello BPI,

I just paid yesterday PHP1, 000.00 for total amount due of PHP 924.00 why am I receiving another Outstanding balance of PHP 1, 924.00 without using it? Please investigate. The only Outstanding Balance that I have last time was only PHP 924.00. I will not pay for something I didn't use.
    Please email me at j.[protected]@gmail.com

• Mi
    Mia Ariah Oct 22, 2018

BPI Cash and Carry is the slowest in terms of processing. The clerks just accomodate the rich people. It took me 2-hours of waiting for it to be processed to open an account. Each clerk can accomodate 1-2 clients per hour only in terms of account open and closing so they are really not productive at all.

• Ad
    ADR1981 Oct 31, 2018

I'm currently on the phone now with one of your rep, her name is TASHA SANIANO, and she's very rude! Please investigate.
    I want a manager to email or give me a call to have this resolved.
    I was explaining to her what I did but she ssaid" Makinig kasi muna kayo".
    This is not the kind of service we're expecting from you...

• Re
    Remaflor Pangilinan Nov 05, 2018

Waiting for almost 2hrs in the line but still no available counter is open for single transaction. Very disappointed for this branch. No separate line for bulk transaction.

Jun Tampos Nov 13, 2018

To whom this concern- I just want to express my frustration that BPI branch MH del Pilar corner St Monica St, Ermita rejected my cash withdrawal over the counter due to No Cash as early as 9am in the morning. It is my first ever experienced.

• Dj
    Djhoanna Nabiong Mar 26, 2019

How to validate my old bpi debit card if I'm in United Arab emirates.. Just to be worried about it might be permanently close and I'm unable to access or open my account when Im going back to my country Philippines.

anjanette dela cruz May 08, 2019

Good evening I am asking for your help, I withdraw tonight here at Mayon-Dapitan branch amounting of P1700 but only receipt was released by your atm machine when I check my balance in other bank it says P1700 was deducted on my original balnce amounting Php10, 740...How can I bring back my money ??..pls do something about this ..

• Em
    Emman Z May 08, 2019

I tried to email and then call the toll free and did a Viber chat with them. There is no response at all.

• Ri
    Richardreyesancheta May 21, 2019

I am a senior citizen and like always I ask to be lined up in a priority lane. Only to find out that there is no such thing in BPI. So I waited for an hour just to be told that I she had to get it herself...aba :p****** i** nag hitay ako dito ng isang oras para lang sabihin sakin na hindi pwede?

P***** I** NYO!!!

• Mr
    Mr an Jun 04, 2019

Teller of BPI ayala highway is super bully to the customer, no respect us.
    Pls. keep serious your work not jokes.

• Ca
    Carren Avelino Jul 01, 2019

I lost my Bpi Atm, I called your hotline to deliver it to the Branch of TriNoma. Staff from BPI Trinoma branch always saying after 5 days! I came here for almost 3 times and until now my card replacement is not available. and NOBODY assisting to my concern!!! when do you plan to give me my atm replacement!!! This is really disappointing!!!

• Tr
    Trissia Galang Jul 20, 2019

I just noticed it friday morning (july 12, 2019) and I am requesting to return back my 500 pesos to my atm card.

• Sh
    shena vie saromines Sep 03, 2019

Good day, we want the fastest processing of my aunt deceased dollar account, weve already sent the complete requirement, its already past 2 years, but still awaiting for nothing of the manager in mia road. How can we bre the fastest claim it.

• Rh
    Rhandz Sep 08, 2019

Very poor service honestly speaking

Joyce Guelos Sep 17, 2019

I tried to track the delivery status of my card.To my surprise the status of my card was not delivered due to recipients address is out of the LBC services daw... So what should I do? I already ask for the branch pick up of my card from the BPI.. Can I get my parcel at any LBC branch here in Iloilo?

• Fe
    felisi buddy Sep 24, 2019

I tried to withdraw cash from a Metrobank ATM (Minglanilla), unfortunately there was no amount given by the ATM, I already submitted a complaint form to metrobank right after the incident. They said they will process it, but said I also need to submit a complaint form for BPI.

James Steven Aguilar Oct 16, 2019

My interbank transfer failed 3 times which usually proceeds. Also i was tagged as maximum transaction limit for the day which is a bug in your system because the transfer FAILED!!!. And customer service take so long to reply. BPI service charge for interbank is very expensive compared to all banks in the philippines but their service is very poor.

• Fe
    ferdinand flores77 Oct 21, 2019

cash remittance was missing

Marion Patricio Oct 30, 2019

Im a physician. Guard keeps on telling me to turn off my phone. I told him I need to be online always because of cases of emergency.

Karen bank teller is impolite. She called 178 my queue number is 176. She insists that she called my number. I didn't hear her and I am 5 meters away from her. And I heard her call number 178.

• Ge
    George Lennox Dec 29, 2019

Bpi owe me a check refuse send it to me 12 million dollars the answer me back yet thanks

• Jh
    Jhigz Tallion Tasi Mar 07, 2020

I was asking for consideration to reverse my annual fee since I have obligation for my credit cash to go that was not yet paid. But they did not approved instead they offer me to spend 9, 000 in three months. They don't have consideration, and I feel miserable for availing the bpi express credit card.