Bank Of America / escrow overpayment reimbursment

1 68 Bull River Bluff Dr.Savannah, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 908 492-6654

I discovered Bank of America owed me $954.26, when I found the escrow check with tax return papers in January 2010. Dated 2/24/09, the check was void after 180 days, but my local BOA assured me that it would be reissued, when they completed their process.
The idiocy began 6 weeks ago with Inquiry #1. It first went through the wrong department of their own mortgage division. When the promised time expired we were subsequently told why.
Their process restarted with ReInquiry #2 and when said check did not arrive as promised the next inquiry revealed the check number submitted was incorrect. The number they noted as incorrect was the exact number on the original check in my hand. So they resubmitted it to the correct department, promising a new check in hand in one week. When Inquiry #3 failed to materialize a new check, it was explained the original check, void for 0ver 4 months, had to receive a stop payment order, before the new check could be processed. That initiated ReInquiry #4 with the promise of a personal phone call to me as soon as the check's status was known, as soon as the proper person could be found to verify the check's status, enroute or not. Whew!
That was 5 days ago. I shouldn't complain, as I could be the poor person waiting on the phone to call me.

Comments

• Po
      28th of Feb, 2011

Just another way that BOA can extend the life of our loans. This is my first year with BOA as a mortgage lender. They bought out my loan this year. To my surprise I received an escrow overpayment check this week. It was nice to receive, however I want any form of overpayment to go towards principle. I called BOA and was transferred 4 times until I got someone who told me that they can't do that. Their system can't handle applying overpayment towards principle... It has to be mailed back to me. What kind of crap is that. A TRILLION DOLLAR company can't write a program or have the capability to NOT issue me a check? They said the only way for me to apply it towards principle is for me to take that check to a local branch and apply it that way. Just more time out of my day and more gas used.

STEP IT UP BOA.