Bank Of America / scemeing

United States, Massachusetts Review updated:
Bank of America
I had the worst experience with Bank of America. I had an account with them for about 4 years. I am a student so it never had a huge balance but I always had enough to get by from pay check to pay check. Then one day I went online to check my balance to see that I was overdrawn. I looked at the messages on my account and conveniently it stated that at the same exact time I was overdrawn, mysteriously my email alerts were shut off by an administrator. I called in because I had several overdraft fees on my account when my total amount that was actually paid out was about $50, and now my account is overdrawn about $300. I called in to see if anything could be done and they refused and said I ought to have given them a valid email address when I have had the same address for the past 7 years and had never had problems receiving emails from them. I am completely discusted with them and went and opened a new account with another bank. I just can't believe how they treated me. And this isn't the first occasion I've heard of them screwing someone over, I've had several friends have issues with them too.

A  1st of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree, Bank of America they are thieves, I signed up for the text message feature for account balance, I had available money in my checking account, all of the sudden I am overdrawn. It turns out I had to pay 7 fees of $35.00 each because I used my card on small things like coffee and luch, the upsetting part was that I rushed to make a deposit to cover for the amount I went over (less than 10 usd) and I still got hit with the 7 fees totaling $245.00 usd, when I called, they practically said TOO BAD but in a business-like manner. This people have no compassion. I am a single mother with a 4 month old baby. My next paycheck will be $0.00 because this fees are going to absorb it all, and in top of that they will charge me a $35.00 fee for being overdrawn 5 days in a row. I hope someday government regulates the excessive fees this banks charge. No wonder American people are broke, we are just paying fees for the CEO's to get more rich.

Bank of America Corporation Logo Bank of America Corporation