Bank Of America / scemeing

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I had the worst experience with Bank of America. I had an account with them for about 4 years. I am a student so it never had a huge balance but I always had enough to get by from pay check to pay check. Then one day I went online to check my balance to see that I was overdrawn. I looked at the messages on my account and conveniently it stated that at the same exact time I was overdrawn, mysteriously my email alerts were shut off by an administrator. I called in because I had several overdraft fees on my account when my total amount that was actually paid out was about $50, and now my account is overdrawn about $300. I called in to see if anything could be done and they refused and said I ought to have given them a valid email address when I have had the same address for the past 7 years and had never had problems receiving emails from them. I am completely discusted with them and went and opened a new account with another bank. I just can't believe how they treated me. And this isn't the first occasion I've heard of them screwing someone over, I've had several friends have issues with them too.

Comments

• Md
      1st of Dec, 2009

I agree, Bank of America they are thieves, I signed up for the text message feature for account balance, I had available money in my checking account, all of the sudden I am overdrawn. It turns out I had to pay 7 fees of $35.00 each because I used my card on small things like coffee and luch, the upsetting part was that I rushed to make a deposit to cover for the amount I went over (less than 10 usd) and I still got hit with the 7 fees totaling $245.00 usd, when I called, they practically said TOO BAD but in a business-like manner. This people have no compassion. I am a single mother with a 4 month old baby. My next paycheck will be $0.00 because this fees are going to absorb it all, and in top of that they will charge me a $35.00 fee for being overdrawn 5 days in a row. I hope someday government regulates the excessive fees this banks charge. No wonder American people are broke, we are just paying fees for the CEO's to get more rich.

spcalws@aol.com