Bank of AmericaCorrupt policies

G Review updated:

I have been banking with Bank of America for over ten years. Last week I closed my account because Bank of America had somehow removed overdraft protection from my account & charged me $175.00 for 4 overdrafts. The largest charge to my account was for less than $25.00; the smallest was $1.29 for a cup of coffee. After you tack on the overdraft fee off $35.00; that was the most expensive cup of coffee I have/will ever have. With thousands of dollars in our savings account the branch manager informed me that it was impossible that I had overdraft protection on my checking account because it did not currently show up in her system; even though I had initially set it up when I established the savings account.

So let me get this straight, B of A is giving out over $100.00 to new customers, but can't afford to drop my overdraft fees for their own mistake?
All the branch manager had to do was remove the charges & make it right. I will tell everyone I ever run across to stay away from B of A.

Jonathan Moses Feb 04, 2021

BofA secretly provides information to the federal government about your purchases and spending habits without your knowledge. They do this illegally in support of the the new democrat administration. It is outrageous, almost unbelievable, but true. I have been with them for over 30 years but will not stand for their new "woke" spying on Americans. My accounts will be closed within the week.

• Fb
    F#$%BofA Jun 11, 2010

Two weeks after my mother passed away I get a notice from B of A that she had called and canceled the death benefit on her credit card just days before she died. Thing is she was disabled and was unable to even use a telephone.

• Sp
    Speckley Feb 21, 2010

I just had a lovely conversation with a supervisor where she had to explain a "secret" screen that you must click on to see your ACTUAL balance when your items were deducted, not the screen that we all see when we log in and click "see account activity". So there are two different balances going on at the time of your purchases.
    Beware! I will close my account also, and I hope that someone does blast this corrupt bank on the news, they need taken down a few hundred notches from their throne, where they think they have the right to take money from us at their whim!

• Ke
    Kempra Feb 21, 2010

This Bank Corp is just plain corrupt period!

• Se
    setchemendy Sep 17, 2009

BofA is the worst banking experience a consumer could have. Our mortgage is with them after they purchased CountryWide and I cannot imagine how they keep any customers. They do not deserve to keep any customers and by the looks of things, they are losing their loyal base --- I'm happy with the Addison Avenue credit union if anyone is looking for a pleasant banking experience.

• Pe
    Peter Jun 10, 2009

I agree 100% that Bank of America is corrupt. I wonder if some kind of class action suit would work? They constantly charge fees whenever they can. They just recently changed their policy to where the charge overdraft fees even if the online banking shows a positive balance. They delay posting credits to the account to create more overdraft fees, and they deduct the highest debits first then the lowest creating the most overdrafts possible. I really can't believe how corrupt they are. I've been charged thousands of dollars over the last 6 years. I should have closed my account years ago, but everytime it happens, I just can't believe that they would do it again. And recently, the changed their policy to where your account doesn't even have to be in the "red" for them to charge overdraft fees. They have their own behind the scenes system that works to their advantage and I'm certain they make millions a year on fools like me. I have to close my account now but it's such a pain because of all the direct deposits and automated stuff I've got going on with them including merchant accounts etc. I wish Bank of American would have to pay for their greed, not get bailed out by the government.

• Sk
    skylife Apr 30, 2009

Hi- I apologize for your situation. It is probably best not to support such as bank that displays lack integrity and customer loyalty.
    Today I found out the Bank of America stole $1092 from me. I have been a customer for over 10 years and recently found out that for the past 7 years they have been incorrectly charging my small business acct. $13 fee monthly. It was a fluke that I went in to a branch and asked a personal banker a question about my acct and he noticed that I was being charged the unnecessary $13 . He suggested I call customer service where they could help me more. The customer service phone idiot agreed to the MISTAKE but reluctantly refunded me only 3 months and said she could do nothing else. End of story and she acted like it was a big deal that I even got the 3 months!!
    Added up Bank of America STOLE $1092 from me and basically said TOO BAD. I am furious looking to make the proper steps to calmly rectify this but being a former reporter from a major newspaper this will be fun to blast the media with this!!!

I will not even get into how I had a credit card with them and they took 50 frequent flyer miles from my united airline acct. away. I didn't act on it cause I don't like conflicts but this is the final straw!!

Thank you for sharing and I am happy to put by small $100K CD and all our other accounts somewhere else cause like you and I we are hard working great bank customers that are being ripped off and neglected by the worst bank in the history of this country.