Bank Of America Corporation

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 by

teller, assistance with withdrawal and payment

On 02-22-17 I go into a BOA to perform a cash withdrawl. Need I remind you my husband had just deposited $1900 cash in my account and he banks with BOA also. I go to the teller to get the money and she says "the funds are still processing and will be available after 12am but you can call customer service and increase your ATM withdrawal limit to 1500 and take it out there". The tellers words are very contradicting as I am not lame and know that cash is available right away and my balance shows over 1900 available. The teller goes on further to say you can speak with the bank manager. I approach Tha manager by the name of Alex only to be told more lies. He says to me oh the teller is on a different system, let me have your cards (id and debit card) he then pulls my account info and my available balance shows over 1900 accessible for withdrawal. Alex goes on to say oh cash transaction can be voided thats why it says processing. I tell him who do you think you are talking too my husband always put money in my account: look at my accout history thos is nothing new and the money is available. At this point it began to rain and I proceed to my car in the rain to call customer service. When the rep gets on the phone she says I need to update some information because your info has not been updated in a while. I said to het that's a flat out lie because I just openef a credit card 4 months ago with you and nothing had changed. I Sherry the rep you do not have to lie...you have the information in front of you and what you are doing is puting my name and info on a log as if I am embezzling dirty money or laundering of some sort. I furthet tell her I work in a place that operates similar to a bank and there are measures that we take as well so I am not stupid so fo not lie to me because you can't update a social or date of birth as this will stay the same. Afterwards she verified mu funds were available and did know why the bank was denying me my money and telling me to go to the ATM. I proceeded back into the bank in the rain and made them aware that customer service is on the line and see that my money is available now. The manager Alex faking like there is something needing an override so I can access my funds. It took over an hour for me to get my money. For the lack of honesty and customer service I was treated as if I was a criminal and my integrity challenged. If it was not for my husband banking with BOA I would not have an account with them. I banked with them many years ago and terminated the relationship becauae of similar issues. The moral at the branch is unwelcoming and biased.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree