Bank Of America / misleading and fraudulent ad

During the past month, I decided to transfer my balance from my Capital One credit card to the BOA Platinum Plus credit card. The reason I did this was for the 0% APR for 12 months, as well as the 0% balance transfer fee. I completed a request for a BOA Platinum Plus credit card online, but had to get help telephonic with BOA Credit Card Services group due to a software issue. At the time of the application, I was confident that this credit card would indeed be 0% APR and no balance fees, as indicated on the application and in the terms and conditions.

During the phone call with BOA credit card services people, I also told them that I had $750.00 in my BOA Advantage checking account that once the balance had been transferred from my Capital One card to the new Platinum Plus account, I wanted the $750.00 transferred from my checking account, and the rep said he could do this. At no time did he ever indicate there would be a fee for doing this. If I had known there would be a fee for doing this, I would have waited for the credit card to be approved, then used my online banking to directly transfer the $750.00 to the credit card. Why would I spend $15 when I have online account pay and did not have to?

Imagine my anger and displeasure when I looked at my new credit account online and found that I had been charged $435.00 for a balance transfer fee and $15 for a phone transfer fee. Despite several phone calls to BOA credit card services group and speaking with Luz, the account manager, (who I had to ask to speak to me in English), I was told nothing could be done and that the fees were clearly spelled out in the terms and conditions for the credit card.

Clearly, the offer that I responded to states, both on the application itself and in the terms and conditions, that there are NO BALANCE TRANSFER FEES associated with this offer, and I was not informed of any phone transfer fee. To now insist that these fees are proper clearly indicates to me that the offer I responded to was fraudulent and misleading, and is a growing indication of the downward spiral BOA is engaged in with its present account holders.

Comments

3rd of May, 2012

Ask any question related to Bank of America, you will get revert within an hour or 2...try it once..