Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group / avis car rental etolls - you will be charged regardless if you pay!
I travel to Chicago 4-6 times a year. My husband has been a Avis Preferred customer for over a decade. On all of our trips, we declined the use of a toll transponder and pay all of our tolls via cash. Our latest trip, December 21-25, Avis proceeded to charge us for a toll transponder use and all the tolls even though we paid every single toll. All the tolls were manned with the exception of one, where we paid the $0.60 via change into the basket. We paid cash for all. When we contacted Avis regarding this, they disputed it as we did not have cash receipts for any of these tolls and charged us $24.70 for the use of the transponder and service charge for not signing up for the use of the transponder. This is ridiculous. No matter if I get a receipts for each toll paid or pay online after charges are processed via the license plate, Avis appears to have found a way to force you to use their transponder regardless and charge you upwards of 4 times the cost of any toll. If you do select to use their transponder, you have to pay $20 just to use it upfront. Not fair business practices.
More Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - Avis Frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card 
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Car Rental - Outrageous debit on car scratch 
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage 
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses! 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - I forgot my super charger phone charger
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental south africa
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - rental van in munich, germany
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - rent a car