ATT Worldnet / credit card overcharge for services not rendered

ATT Worldnet notified me by mail that ISP (Internet Service Provider) service for all of Puerto Rico (where I live) would be discontinued in Jan 2002. I called the company to cancel my account and ask for a referral to another ISP service.

On May 27 2003, I noticed that ATT Worldnet had continued to charge my VISA credit card for monthly service, at the rate of $18.95/month for the ensuing 16 months. I contacted the company by phone [protected]), but the supervisor I talked with, Christine, refused to refund my money, even though she admitted that ATT Worldnet discontinued services to Puerto Rico, and that I had not accessed the account or services since January 2002.

I want ATT Worldnet to refund the money charged to my credit card for services they discontinued since January 2002. They continued to charge me $18.95/month for the 16 months (since service was discontinued until now), for a total charge of $303.20 for services not rendered. I want ATT Worldnet to refund me $303.20.

• Chandra Kilgore's Response, May 16, 2017

I need to go to another carrier

• Marsha Berry Painter's Response, Oct 31, 2018

I couldn't request repair online as it didn't recognize the phone # and zip. Century Link provided more info than ATT did. Apparently ATT used CL lines and doesn't have that info in their system for agents to see and they can't access the acct to do anything at all for me. Mgr will offer $20 for no phone line 2 wks and 2+ hrs of NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Comments

• Bi
      23rd of Oct, 2018
    Att internet - Att internet service/assistance
    Austin
    Texas

I just completed a chat re my internet service. They promised if we were disconnected they would call. Never received one call as 3 would be made if needed. False promises again.

• Wh
      28th of Oct, 2018
    ATT Uverse - internet
    Ukiah
    California
    att.net

It is slower than [censored] and has been for the last 2 weeks it freezes and I wait and wait then it freezes. I pay the extra 10 do9llars for the fastest and it's a joke. Don't pay it its not worth it.

• Fe
      31st of Oct, 2018
    AT&T - Ridiculous bills and not working with you on payment arrangements
    Ashland
    Mississippi

I pay more for my cell phones that I do my car. AT&T is a complete joke!! Service is crappy 90% of the time and they expect you to pay the full balance!!! They never want to work with you no matter how good of a customer you are. Once I get my installments paid off, I will be switching carriers!!

1st of Nov, 2018
    ATT Uverse - Cell Phone
    Chicago
    Illinois
    att.com

I'm unable to receive phone calls on my cell phone and I was told that my phone is going to take at least three days before they can even see whats going on. This is the worst cell phone company ever. I received no credits or anything.

5th of Nov, 2018
    AT&T - not sure
    Dalton
    Georgia
    payerc.com

I received a bill from a collection agency today saying I owe869.76 to at&t. ive never had an account with at&t. I need to know when this happened and for what service

• St
      5th of Nov, 2018
    ATT Uverse - Reward for signing up with Uv erse
    Chillicothe
    Missouri

I was promised a 500 dullard reward . This was done Nov. 1916 in Feb. I contracted AT&T Rewards and was told to send them copies of the last bill from my last Internet provider. That was done . I have not heard a word from
    them. I called AT&T to day after going three operators, I was told I they unable help me I had forget my pass code.

• Va
      11th of Nov, 2018
    ATT Uverse - Commercials
    Millers Creek North Carolina

The guy acting like Gerri's biller is so annoying. I don't know where advertising gets their ideas anymore but commercials are so annoying I will not use products just because I hate the commercials. Please stop

11th of Nov, 2018
    AT&T - Nothing remolely like customer service.
    Page
    Arizona
    att.com

40+ yrs as landline customer, can't get anyone to help me bc ATT agents say they can't access bill w/ATT billing us monthly, transferred to wrong dept over & over, hung up on 2X, no mgr available to assist, say it's my fault for calling wrong # listed on website, they say they are sorry and "understand" but do NOTHING to resolve issue. NO SERVICE.

• Wj
      12th of Nov, 2018
    AT and T - that at&t commercial
    Lancaster
    South Carolina

Please remove advertisement from television with the guy screaming in the shower...that is the craziest AT&T commercial...it gets on our nerves !!! Our whole family says oh no, not that commercial again . It is ridiculous and It does not make someone want tot and buy/ use AT&T services or products.

12th of Nov, 2018