Having problems with AT&T?

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

Complaints & Reviews

welcome to the new att!

I've been an ATT, Southwestern Bell, & Bell South customer for over 40 years - well before the breakup and now remerger of the various systems. Quite a few years ago I designated ATT as my long distance provider through my local Bell South system to maintain continuity with my previous service. Since I make few long distance calls and use my cell phone to do so (also have ATT cell service), I decided to notify ATT (formerly Bell South) that I wanted to discontinue this designation. This would save me over $8/month. Note that this billing charge is just for having designated ATT as my carrier and does not include any actual long distance call service time. No problem, "There will just be a one time charge of $2.50 to make this change." So they're charging me to quit charging me. I was getting ready to switch to DSL broadband service, but now...??! Cingulair is now ATT. Bell South is now ATT. Welcome to the new ATT.

this is really crappy service!

One of the things that is really annoying about AT&T a.k.a SBC a.k.a Pacific Bell etc... is that now when you bring up their web based email you have to sort though adds all over the screen. I could expect this from a free service like google but on that I am paying for and I still am forced to sort though adds. This is really crappy service.

they won't let me shut it off!

I called At&T to disconnect my long distance service (as my teenage stepdaughter was making many calls out-of-state- $80.35 worth in June.) I first spoke with Jack, who stated he could not disconnect this service but could block my long distance for $13. He transferred me to a young lady who stated she could not disconnect my service because she was with the New AT&T and my service was with the Old. She transferred me to Trinity of the Old AT&T, who stated he could not disconnect my service because my local service was with AT&T as well. He stated I would need to speak with Jack again to disconnect my long distance. I was transferred somewhere and remained on hold for an extended length of time until an automated voice came on the line informing me that AT&T was now closed. I spent nearly an hour and a half on the phone that day. I called back, after a short out-of-town trip, on Wednesday, 7/11/07. I spoke with Rainier, who informed me first that my long distance had been terminated involuntarily (which it hadn't,) and then stated that my service had been "migrated." I asked for an explanation and he stated it was just "jargon." I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to an automated-voice system which stated there was a high volume of calls and I should call back later. I hung up and dialed customer service again, and spoke with Nicole. I explained my situation again and was transferred to Julius, a supervisor. Julius stated that my telephone service had been in the process of "migration" since prior to Saturday, 6/29/07 and was still in the process of migration. Julius stated that no changes could be made to my account while my service was migrating. He stated there was no way to make any changes whatsoever to my account until this had been completed. He then offered to place the $13 block on my long distance. Julius said he could not waive charges for my inconvenience. I asked Julius when my account would be done migrating and he said it generally takes 2-3 weeks, but he could not provide an exact date when I could successfully disconnect my long distance. I am supposed to keep calling until this migration happens. Is this even remotely legal? What am I to do about these obscenely high bills that I can hardly afford to pay? I did pay the $80.35 (which brought my entire phone bill up to $122.92) and I am stuck with continuing this service for an indefinite amount of time. My family is getting very sick of eating pasta.

• St
    stacia trimmer Apr 22, 2008

ATT is scamming customers with long distance billing errors. The send you through hell to try to resove the matter with various people across the world for hours of re-telling the same story. I SIGNED UP FOR A $50 DOLLAR A MONTH PLAN. MY PHONE BILL IS $637 ACCORDING TO att.

• Ha
    Harassed09 Sep 25, 2009

Did this get resolved. I am in the same situation now. Any pointers will be appreciated.

• Si
    sick of AT&T Oct 16, 2009

I am looking into trying to contact someone above the ###s at the customer service number, because it seems that will be the only way to get anything accomplished. I called several years ago from my mother's phone and canceled her long distance service, at her request. At that point, everything went smoothly, the account was canceled, and she never heard from them again. Then, several weeks ago, she got a card in the mail stating that their records indicate that she is an AT&T Lifeline customer and that, beginning October 1, 2009, a $9.99 "minimum usage charge" would be applied to her account (which had been canceled several years earlier), so if she made calls that totaled less than $9.99, the difference would be added. Not a single long distance call has been made from her home phone for many years so, in other words, beginning October 1, 2009, she could expect to start receiving bills every month charging her $9.99 for absolutely nothing. Since I was the one that had canceled the service for her, she asked me to take care of it for her and sent me a photocopy of the card she had received. On September 24, 2009, I called the toll-free number on the card and the idiocy began. First, I went through three different people...all of them had the same heavy accent, but each had a different, very common American name (personally, I think it was the same person giving me different fake names)...and I got absolutely nowhere. Finally, after begging, pleading, and even screaming, I got to speak to a manager named Pat who, believe it or not, was actually American and actually knew what she was talking about. She checked my mother's phone number and verified that it had, indeed, been canceled several years ago, but she suspected that the problem was caused by some kind of switch at Verizon. She gave me a phone number (1-700-555-4141) and told me to have my mother call it from her home phone. If Verizon had not done there part when the service was canceled, she would get a recording that said something like "Thank you for being an AT&T customer", but if the problem did not involve Verizon, she would get a different recording that said something like the call could not be completed as dialed. She told me that if my mother got the first recording, we would need to call Verizon technical support and tell them to "check the switch". She then gave me another toll-free number and told me that I should be able to use it to bypass all the customer service idiots and get directly to the managers. After taking care of everything with Verizon, I was to call her back and let her know. She also stated that my mother should NOT receive a bill but, if she did, I should then call her back and she would take care of it. As soon as I hung up from her, I had my mother call the 700 number and she did get the first recording, so I called Verizon. It took a while to go through the channels to get to technical support but, when I did, they knew exactly what I was talking about and took care of it right away. Although they told me to allow 24 hours for it to take effect, my mother got a robo call within less than an hour that verified that it had been done, and then she called the 700 number and got the second recording which provided further verification. At this point, I called AT&T again in order to let Pat know that it had been taken care of, just as I had been instructed. Unfortunately, I never managed to get through to her. In fact, it seemed that I was being passed back and forth between one female and one male, both with heavy Hispanic accents, who provided a different, very American name each time I was "transferred". Finally, the male claimed to be a "supervisor" (though Pat was referred to as a "manager") and said that he would update the record. Since it had become blatantly obvious that I wasn't going to be allowed to speak to anyone else, I simply gave him the information and left it at that, assuming that it didn't really matter because Pat had already verified that the account had been canceled several years before on AT&T's end, and Verizon had now verified that they had done their part. After all, I had already spent 3 hours on the phone that day between AT&T and Verizon, and I was pretty sick of dealing with people that I couldn't even understand. Soooo, fast forward to now. A few days ago, my mother told me that she had received a bill from AT&T. (The funny part was that it was for $14.95 rather than the $9.99 stated on the card she had received.) She mailed a copy of the bill to me so that I could call AT&T yet again and have them take care of it. Yet again, I got to deal with the same two people...one female and one male...who passed me back and forth until the male yet again (calling himself "Nick" this time) claimed to be a supervisor and refused to transfer me to anyone else. After I explained the entire fiasco for the umpteenth time, he said that my mother's account had been created in 1998 and had never been canceled...then he hung up on me. Needless to say, by this time I was livid, so I called back yet again. Of course, I first got the female (calling herself "Betty" this time), who did everything in her power to avoid transferring me to anyone until I started screaming at her and threatening to sue, then she finally transferred me to the male (who had now changed his name to "Clive" and was calling himself a "billing supervisor"). He, of course, reiterated that my mother's account had never been canceled and that she "had" to pay the bill. By this time, I was so angry that there was probably steam coming out of my ears, so I called him a few choice names and hung up on him. That, in turn, led me to the internet in an attempt to find out the names and addresses of AT&T's corporate officials and members of their board of directors. I haven't found that information yet as this was the first site found in my search results but, as soon as I find and verify everything, I will post it here just in case anyone else wants to take the same route.

rebates never issued - just promised

Signed up for phone and high speed internet service 01/02/07. Mailed in rebate for the modem within days. Was billed for modem on first statement. Two months later I was billed for the modem again. Contacted AT&T. Error supposedly corrected and file marked so my next statement would not reflect a late payment or negative balance. Next statement said payment for modem was in arrears and they were disconnecting my phone. Contacted AT&T again. They said they would correct bill, but I elected to discontinue the service after being a customer for about 4 1/2 months. Next month I received a notice from rebate center saying my rebate (which I should have already received by that time) was being denied because I was ineligible. Contacted AT&T who acknowledged the denial was in error and said they would expedite the rebate (but still wait 5 to 7 weeks for it). After two months I contacted the rebate center again. They said the rebate had been approved that very date (July 5) and that I should wait 5 to 7 weeks to receive it. And the stall continues... As for the credit card with a nominal balance that I was promised when I signed up for the service, well, that's another battle. Ironically, I keep getting letters from them requesting that I become a return customer. Dream on!

• Je
    jenny luke Sep 17, 2007

i was spose to get a rebate and they told me i will not , i was told i will get a $50.00 rebate , when they told me that i cancled thanks jenny

• Na
    nascarchick424 Sep 26, 2007

Same thing with me. They mailed me my phone and no receipt was in box...only way to get rebate was with receipt so they said . They are a rip off.

free dish that is not free

I signet up for AT&T phone service, internet and free dish. The quote I was given for my total bill wa...

rebate offer is a rip off!

AT&T High Speed DSL Equipment Rebate SCAM - Holland, Mich. Back in February 2007, I signed up for AT&T'...

cingular warranty department scam on making false accusation

On 3/5/07 I upgraded my phone at the end of my current contract. Upon ordering / receiving the "newly...

switching carriers problem!

On or about April 11, I contacted AT&T long distance with a question about my bill, at which time their representative encouraged me to switch my local phone service to AT&T as well. He stated that the cost would be less than $25 per month and no mention was made of any other charges. Shortly thereafter I received a bill in the amount of $142.52, a far cry from what I was expecting. Included in this bill was a charge listed as “Service Order Charge – Installation” $65. SURPRISE!! Nobody mentioned this charge to me nor did I ever agree to same. I promptly canceled both phone services with AT&T on May 10, effective May 11, at which time I made it clear that I would not be paying the surprise $65 fee and that they should play the tape to determine that I had not, in fact, been informed of this installation charge. Had their representative advised me of this fee, as required by law, I would have declined to switch carriers and left my phone service as it was. Obviously they chose not to play the tape of the conversation in question and a demand is still being made for their surprise fee. I didn’t agree to it and I will not pay for it, since it represents almost as much as my weekly grocery bill and as a senior citizen, I would never have knowingly chosen between eating and switching telephone carriers. They continue to demand payment, using the statement that this is a mandatory charge. What? Isn’t it also mandatory to advise the consumer that there will be such a charge? They are threatening to compromise my credit rating unless I pay and I cannot and will not pay for something to which I did not agree. There must be a law against this type of predatory charging/billing as well as AT&T’s bullying collection tactics. I have requested an itemized bill for the remaining charges for which they say I am liable. I will pay what I legitimately owe but that is all! I have also requested a copy of the tape of my conversation with their representative, which proves that I was not advised of their $65 fee. They have denied both requests. I have a right to both an itemized bill and proof that I was told of their outrageous installation fee. AT&T does not agree, at least not according to their third-world country representatives.

Plz advise smb!

• Mi
    Michelle Sep 05, 2007

I hate AT&T with a passion. I moved out of state to an area they don't provide, so obviously I cancelled my service with them. They explained that I would need to pay off my previous balance in full. Done. Next month, I find out that they not only charged my credit card, they charged my boyfriend's credit card from the online bill pay. We experienced the same run around, the same routine of explaining the situation to multiple, clueless operators, and still no resolve. In fact, now AT&T is claiming that I owe them approximately $40 and now have a collections agency after me. I have responded with a letter, proof that they charged me twice, and demanded that AT&T review this rebuttal. After reading all the complaints on here, I doubt this issue will ever be resolved.

• Valerie Aug 13, 2008

I received an advertisement in the mail from AT&T Consumer Services which offered unlimited local and long distance for $45 per month and AT&T High Speed Internet for $19.95 per month. The offer also promised a $50 rebate for local and long distance service and a $50 rebate for internet service. I ordered the phone service plus in-line repair plan and AT&T High Speed Internet Pro which were installed on March 3, 2008.

I called countless times concerning the rewards to no avail and finally wrote them a letter including a copy of the offer. They responded to the letter by leaving a message on my voice mail telling me to call the same reward center I had already been calling! During my last call on July 21 I was promised both rebates in 3-4 weeks. This week I received information in the mail telling me to log on to the reward center. There was a reward of $50 for the Internet Service, which will not be mailed to me until September 12. There is still no information on how to claim my reward for the phone service!

Also, the monthly phone service should be $50 per month is over $65 each month after the addition of all the surcharges, fees and taxes. My bill for phone, internet and wireless services is over $130.00 per month!

• La
    Laney Aug 13, 2008

Ok…why do you sound so surprised? You almost sound shocked! Welcome to the NEW AT&T!!!

As I’ve said before, in their bottom line…they count on the fact that the customer will get the runaround and FINALLY give up on the rebates. I once asked…”why don’t we just give the customer the rebate automatically on their bill after 90 days?” Response: “Because statistically, only 15 to 25 percent of rebates are actually ever paid out on rebates that the customer has to follow-up on themselves.” To add to that, I had a manager tell me…”within the 90 days the customer has already called in and hopefully, has been changed to another package and that new package no longer qualifies them for the rebate…”. Oh yeah…no one ever told you if you change the services during the rebate processing time, you won’t get the rebate!!! Genius isn’t it!!!

Also, when you took the service…I can sure as hell guarantee that the rep said “all these services are only going to be $45 per month…plus fee and taxes…”. The customer only hears what they want to hear…and then they pass out when they get the bill for three times more than what they “heard”. Of course, that is IF the rep ever mentioned that last part at all.

1) People…people…people…always…always start with the basic service and go from there. In some states, it cheaper to add to the basic service, in others, the basic service is almost $20 and it’s cheaper to go with a package from the get start.

2) To whatever service you do get, add $8-9 in federal charges and another $10 in taxes and that doesn’t include the taxes that you’re going to pay on your long distance calls.

3) Don’t take a service because of a rebate you may never get and when you do, it’s been so long and such a hassle, that it didn’t make a difference anyway.

4) DSL Lite is crap!! The company knows that but is federally required to offer a cheaper high speed internet service to their customers. Also, you get no rebates with the dsl lite but you need the same equipment for dsl lite that you would need for the other dsl’s. Again, it’s to the company’s benefit that you get dsl lite (no rebate at all to worry about) and realize it crap and then upgrade.

As always, this information I’ve provided is completely FREE and I’ve told you nothing here that you couldn’t have found with a little research. Good Luck!!!

deceptive business practices!

In February of 2005, I received a promotional letter from "AT&T Wireless" offering a free phone when signing up for new service. I called and was offered a choice of phones and service packages. Within the next couple of hours I received two phone calls from AT&T Wireless, one to confirm the order and the other was an inquiry.

At the time, I made sure that I would have 30 days period of trial meaning that I could cancel the service with no extra cost. They provided me with two cell phones for free. Because I was unhappy with the service provided, I terminated the service. They instructed me to use the return address provided to ship back the phone, and I would be responsible until it was returned.

I returned the phones as it was asked. They claimed for a long time that they did not receive the phones. However, I called UPS and collected information and documents and proved to them that the phones were delivered to the address provided. In addition to the false claimed, they charged me a termination fee and high phone bills (U$628.61) from a phone that I just had for 14 days.

6 months later, I received a collection notice from ENHANCED RECOVERY CORPORATION demanding $150.00 on behalf of BCS Wireless. This was the first time I heard of BCS Wireless.

I contacted ERC, the collection agency, and was first told that BCS Wireless claimed that the service had been interrupted by AT&T, and I owed for service. Knowing that this was not true I questioned them further, they then said I had cancelled the "Contract" for the phone. I told them I had use the phone for 14 days, and I had 30 days period of trial. After they review my case the “Collection" agency says BCS Wireless said they never got the phone back, it went to AT&T. At no time was I ever led to believe that I was dealing with anyone other than an AT&T. So now I have been told three different stories why I owe $150. Finally, after 4 months calling them and trying to explain my situation, they said that I did not need to worry about the bill or my credit report.

Since ENHANCED RECOVERY CORPORATION, who was hired allegedly by BCS Wireless to collect is now offering a settlement, I asked for an address where I could write or a phone number to contact BCS Wireless myself regarding the collection. They claimed they didn't have that information. I called AT&T who is now telling me I owe them nothing; they show the service was cancelled in February of 2005.

After 2 years wondering why my credit line was not good at it was supposed to be (I pay my bills on time and I do not have any debt). In order to find out the reason why I don’t have good credit, I decided to go to experian.com and run my credit. Extremely upset I saw that a had “Collection Accounts and Public Records” lowering my score. I called the credit report company and the little that I knew that BCS wireless/AT&T wireless were the responsible for my bad credit.

being cheated and lied!

Cingular wireless keeps charging me for something from "m-qube" on my phone bill. Last month the local office in jefferson city, mo. Gave me credit for several months worth of charges. This month i once again had charges from m-qube on my bill.

I went to the local office again but found a waiting line of about an hour. While waiting i phone cingular to try and get the charges stopped. They told me they could only request m-qube to credit the charges be credited. A ms. Amissa baca and her manager named elma (in texas) said we had requested this service and that cingular had no control over them. They told me i had to go call [protected] to cancel the service. They also told me that we had to open each message to not accept it. Interesting since last month the local store rep said we were charged since we opened the message and that we had to delete them immediately to not be charged.

I'm sure cingular has control over m-qube and even makes money off of each charge. We not only are being cheated - we are being lied to and made to try and believe that it is our fault that we are being charged.

Jack Markway.

• Bh
    Bhupen K Jun 18, 2007

I have had a similar experience with Cingular wireless. This is a complete rip-off. I call Cingular 3 times and they assure me that this service had been canceled. But it keeps showing up on my bill month after month after month. The funny thing is that I had requested a block on all such services for this account and I was assured that the block was active. However Cingular conveniently avoided telling me that they cannot block these so called “third party” charges. I have just spent the entire morning trying to clear up the issue Cingular. Let’s up hope by God’s grace we do not see these changes next month.

The number of M-Qube is junk and not very help full.

allowed infiltration of telephone security by national hate grp

For seven years running I have complained about the breach of security regarding my DSL and telephone service operated by SBC communications here in the Midwest, Missouri and now Kansas. The situation is so egregious that a mixed group of "separationists" and other so called "patriots" parade up and down my street day and night creating a disturbance of the peace while I am on the phone or emailing or using chat or Skype services. It is also true that my cell provider T-Mobile is routed through SBC ATT stations here and is also vulnerable to such invasion and sharing of data and conversations. The local repair centers have ex military and other such sympathetic employees who think this is just a fun "game" for the citizens here to play... "America, love it or leave it". The security of my phone line and all things related to SBC is then in the hands of people who are in fact of one stripe and who are incapable of investigating themselves in these and other regards. Att and Sbc have a clear monopoly of communication services here and elsewhere and I am certain that those employees are well shielded from prosecution by the average person such as myself.

I have been to the local F.B.I. a number of times about this situation and they defer back to ATT and SBC who are simply unable it appears to investigate themselves or to reign in the offenders who make the breach of my privacy possible making this communication itself today anything BUT private to the local Hate based groups here in Leavenworth Kansas, a Military town and home to no less than 5 prisons. I am told that the union surrounding SBC repair is one of the problems regarding accountability in these matters and the fact that the company is so huge that it only takes a few determined employees to hand over my line and my data and any confidential communication to what amounts to a local hate "fest" in proximity of my property here or on the roadway or anywhere I use a phone because these people do not want their friends within the SBC ATT affiliated family to be "outed" in this hate based daily and nightly game. It only takes a few university interns or other well placed individuals such as the ATT central offices to "cover" for such a breach.

So it becomes apparent then that the foxes are guarding the hen house of American privacy and in this case because these hate based groups have determined that I am "unAmerican" then to them and their families I deserve no such lawful protection. This is a sad comment about America and our military related families as well, not to mention our young people who have fallen under the sway of such hatred.

On a weekly basis I speak with any number of people and countries and have traveled to places many Americans would visit if they could... So there is a clear jealousy and reluctance on the part of Att and SBC to engage themselves about the real nature of security for ALL Americans.

This lack of oversight clearly then places my life and my peace at risk both here and abroad.

r.k.j. 2007

• De
    Debbie May 29, 2008

This living lean is stealing money out of my checking account and i keep recieving nsv at 38.00 at a time. I am single and on a fixed income and at this point i may have to close my account and take the chance of distroying my credit and possibly going to jail because i don't have the money to cover the usv and the money this company has taken from me.Why is this happening ? how can it be fixed?...HELP

advocates of identity theft

Yes, you have read correctly. If you have an account with Cingular Wireless they will allow for anybody to make changes to your account, to upgrade, add a line, etc. as long as they can provide Cingular with your information as verification. This means that anybody who steals your personal information can go and give Cingular your social security number and basically obtain every and anything that you yourself can get. When I spoke to a representative at Cingular Wireless basically said that the person was able to provide your information (Soc. Sec) and was allowed to make changes to the account. Then he said that I had to contact the Cingular store that allowed it to happen, and that I should have had a password on the account (which I had no idea was needed as no one ever informed me of one until now.) Check your bills, because you may be paying for services that you did not sign up for. I intend to report them for advocating theft of identity information!

• As
    ashley Jun 23, 2007

So put a password on the account. They can't do anything to your account if it has a password without knowing the password.

• Da
    Dan Feb 04, 2008

Who would hack into your cingular account to add services to your plan? That's not identity theft... thats just stupid.

beware of this scam

Do not advertise with at&t yellowpages! Beware of scam. When deciding whether or not to purchase internet...

charges on absolute calling card

Just received a bill from AT&T that includes a charge of $135.12 for calls made on our absolute calling card. I have checked with AT&T if I still have an existing calling card and told me that there is none. The calling card that I had under Pacific Bell is no longer good and is absolute. The calls supposedly made on our calling card are recent - April 13, 14 and 21, 2007. Since we didn't accept the calls we're not paying the charges. They charged $32.55 for 5 minutes - which is a highway robbery.

These two companies should be put out of business for ripping off innocent people.

There are already numerous complaints about these companies - the government should do something about it ASAP so that their fraud practices could be stopped.

poor customer service

I have had this account with att for 6-7 years. I usually pay for one year at the time as it is only 10.00 per month.in effect I usually have a credit balance. I do not actually use their dial up service, I have roadrunner. Because I wanted to keep the email addresses and use their web page, I maintained the account. May 6th I received a bill from them for 22.00, saying if I didn't pay it by may 10th that my service would be suspended. On may 8th I could not log in to pick up my email. The next twenty four hours was something out of the twilight zone. I did not get one person who spoke english as their first language. I ask to speak to a supervisor, five different times, I was hung up on, told I was not going to be put through to a supervisor, told the supervisor was too busy to talk to me, why my email is critical to me is no ones business, its personal, finally I gave in and put the 22.00 on a credit card. I have heard so many horror stories about att and credit cards I was reluctant to give them my number. I had att telephone service, but they kept double billing me and going around in a circle so I finally just cancelled it. About four weeks after I canceled the phone service, I got a check for the amount they had doubled billed me. Again no one spoke english. When att called me asking me to come back, believe it or not, they spoke english! Feel free to guess my answer. Even though they promised me all kinds of extras. After I put the 22.00 on my credit card, I called the next morning to see why my service was still not restored. Another round of stress inducing calls. Can't tell you how angry I am. I am in the process of changing my email addresses over. Very lengthy and involved. But I will cancel att worldnet shortly. By the way they continued to bill me for two months after I switched to cincinatti bell.

• Sc
    Scott Baker Apr 10, 2007

While in the hospital for a week, I purchased a Month of service from ATT WorldNet. I used their dial-up for four days; however, agreed to pay for the month as that was how they billed. I paid $20.00 for unlimited access with local access. When I was released and got home and I canceled the subscription and figured I would see a $20.00 charge on my credit card account. However, today I see a charge for $233 on my credit card and I called ATT immediately. I talk with the first representative and she could not understand a word I was saying and ended up just hanging up after becoming frustrated she could not speak English. I call a second time and get a women who said she could not help me as I did not know the email and password for the account (remembering I used it in the hospital for 4 days for college and canceled it after being released). I asked if I could use my CC number or billing address to access the account and she says no. I explained the situation and said I needed help with this ASAP, she went silent and would not say a word. I kept saying hello... hello... and she would say yes... and then say nothing more. Finally after 15 minutes of her silence I demanded to speak with a supervisor who could access my account. In return, I held for 15 and finally the phone started to ring on the other end - it did that for 10 minutes before I hung up. I then called back and was put on hold once again this time the person did not speak English and could not understand a word I was saying. I said please can I speak with a supervisor, he said someone would call me back in 72 hours. I said I would not wait 72 hours and wanted to speak to someone now! After remaining persistent and pointing out he really didn't understand my problem, I was forwarded to a supervisor (so I was told). I explained to the supervisor my situation and he gained access into the account. He told me the charges were due to my use of their 888 number (10c minute). I said I bought unlimited hours and did not use a 888 number as I picked out local access numbers. He said "I am sorry". I said sorry for what, he said "I am sorry there is nothing I can do". I said I wanted my money back. He kept saying I used an 888 number for four days in the hospital. I said why would I pay 10c a minute when I just purchased unlimited minutes and had three local access numbers. He said "login in and see what number the modem uses". I said that I deleted the account from my modem after I canceled the account - I had cable at home and had no need for my modem. He said "opps... we can't help you. Since you can not login using the modem we will not credit you - I am sorry". I told him if he could not help me to give me the number of the person above him, he refused! He said there was no person above him and there was no one else I could speak too. It turns out they have no complaint department and supervisors looking over their customer service department. He finally hung up on me after I kept repeating that this matter was not resolved and I was not satisfied with the call. I can't believe this company, they care nothing for their customers and the clincher is I have my cell phone account through them. I am not sure what to do. I have never dealt with a company that did not have a customer service supervisor or a complaint department. I have other account I am thinking about closing with your company including a 2 year cell contract.

• Do
    donna Dec 03, 2007

i was sent 2 ggw videos without purchasing. dum dum's

poor customer service

Ever since SBC merged and became AT&T, I haven't been able to access my home phone bill detail over the...

completely frustrated from at&t

I am writing in hopes that someone can help or point me in a direction that will help me find resolution...

whatever you do, don't do business with cingular!

After moving to Florida from Tennessee, where we had Cingular so-so service, we went to the Lake City FL office and had them change the phone numbers to local Florida numbers.

In order to do so, we were told we had to sign up for another 2 year contract. We did so after the salesperson assured us Cingular had good service in our area.

Within a week it became apparent Cingular did not have good service. I could not even call my husband sitting in the same room with him. Calls were constantly dropped. I called Cingular and terminated service with them.

Shortly thereafter I received a check in the mail (remember this!) from them for $96.00. I cashed it and assumed we were even.

Suddenly I get a call from a collection agency that I owe Cingular $178.16 for early termination fees, etc. I immediately called Cingular as I had never received a bill. It turned out they were sending the statements to the wrong address. I requested a copy of the bill as I do not just blindly send out almost $200 without some paper in hand.

The collection agency is still calling. Each time he called I called Cingular and requested yet another copy of the bill. To date none has been forthcoming. Even though I have corrected the address time and time again, I am not receiving the statement. Remember, though, they did send me the check!!

Today he called 6 times becoming more abusive each time. I again called Cingular. This is, BTW, now the 4th time I have requested a copy of the statement. They refused to fax it to me stating "security" measures, yet they can send my bill all over the country to collection agencies and impugn my credit rating freely.

This is absolutely the most incompetent outfit I have ever had dealings with in my life!! I have filed complaints against Cingular with the FCC and against the collection agency with the Better Business Bureau.

My next step is the state attorney's office and/or a lawyer of my own.

Whatever you do, don't do business with Cingular. There are other better cell phone companies out there!!

accidental overpayment

A copy of Email to:

AT&T Smart Yellow Pages
PO Box 989046
West Sacramento, CA [protected]

On December 5th I made a mistake in online bill payment to AT&T. Instead of the normal $42.00, I accidentally left out the decimal point, and AT&T deducted $4200.00 from my account. (Account # [protected])

I have been directed by your company to address this amount to my bank, who then tells me to request the monies returned from AT&T. This has been a series of phone calls over the last 3 weeks. They say will take an additional 6-8 weeks to resolve.

This is unacceptable. I need my company’s money back immediately. I am a small business and that sum represents half of my monthly operating expenses. You can believe if I were to have made the check out for $4.20, I would have been assessed a late penalty. At that rate…I have paid for seven years advertising.

I need resolution of this now. At the same time I received calls to renew my advertising with Yellow Pages. With this type customer service it is VERY clear to me that AT&T is NOT about customer service. This is a simple error and when I hear AT&T Advertisements about how it helps small business, I now see that it is just advertising.

Mari Sa Jul 10, 2007

Loren,

You should call channel 13 "Call Kurtis" about this treatment from AT&T. I hope you have gotten this matter resolved and I'm sure you are looking for another phone company.

• Sc
    Scott Apr 02, 2008

I hardly believe you online bill pay doesn't request you to verify amounts...

How about not being stupid and throwing your money around if you don't have enough...

Seriously you messed up and are pissed off...

They need to verify the payment wasn't by some fraudulent means, they are not just going to cut checks for $4k for fun...

Did you think to have your bank reverse the payment and then resubmit and pay a late fee?

I bet going forward you won't miss a decimal point any more!!!

I am being stonewalled!

AT&T is charging us over $1000 because they lied to my husband about their coverage and changed his plan with out our consent.In 2002,(yes I have been dealing with this for 4 years now!!)my husband was in the Marines. He was transferred from CA to TX. He was told but AT&T, that he did not need to change his number, he had a nationwide plan, so he could go anywhere in the US and not ROAM.The 1st month he was in TX he got a bill for $800! He was told they were using another company's towers in TX and his free nights and weekends were not covered.I called and they told me they changed his plan to 600dayminutes and 1000 nights. We never authorized this.Now 4 years later and over 1000 in late charges before my $175 payment for a cancellation was registered...we are being harassed by a collection agency.The collection agency says I have to deal with Cingular and Cingular says to deal with the collection agency because they bought our debt from AT&T. They also told me they can change the contract plan when ever they want. Who is to stop them from changing everyone else's plan and charging what they want?? I am being stonewalled.

• Me
    Melanie Jan 30, 2007

Deceitful practice. I added a new line to my account in March of 2004. Since my husband had his line for four years, they stated, "We will send you a new phone, once a year for being a loyal customer. March of 2005, his old phone died, (they stated those phones were garbage anyway) and I made the call to ATT/Cingular. Sent out a new phone. Nothing mentioned about extending our contract for another 2 years. After a few days, the phone would shut down, all by itself. So, instead of asking for another phone, I said let's just switch numbers of the phones, since I don't use mine that much. No problem...save the company a few bucks. My butt!

My contract ended March 11, 2006. I switched to Verizon and ported Dennis' number to that account. Now, ATT/Cingular want an additional $175.00 for early termination. I guess somebody has to pay for that big merger.

People be careful when swimming with sharks. They only pretend they won't devour you.

Cingular Wireless
    PO Box 17514
    Baltimore, Md. 21297-1514
    1-800-888-7600

• Vi
    Virginia Jan 30, 2007

This is a complaint about Cingular and Att Their customer service department must be trained to make life miserable for all their customers and to make them switch to another company. In January my service was discontinued by Cingular even though I mailed a check and it was cashed. After several attempts to correct this and out of service for more than 1 week, a representative noticed that my checks were credited to the Cingular "Att" account and not the current Cingular"cingular" account. They explained this as if I should know what they were doing with my account and it was my fault the checks were applied to the wrong account. They said my checks would be mailed and three weeks later I have no refund.

Today I spoke first with Cris Cuerrier who informed me he could not even see my old account (how can their customer service help if they do not even have information available?) and was not at all ready to try and solve my problem. The reason did not make any sense to me since 3 weeks before the lady that answered was not only able but willing to get all the information for me. I then requested to speak to a supervisor and after requesting for 15 minutes and him not wanting to give me a supervisor he put me to Erica Hitsman. She repeated the same answer that she could not pull up my records and that I needed to know my old password (more than 2 years old) and was unwilling to give me any information. Nedless to say the prior three people never asked for a password and I gave all of them my name ss# address billing zip code anything else they needed.

I called a different number and spoke to David Ball who in 3 minutes was able to give me all the information I needed. My two checks were requested and would take 6 weeks to arrive! He never asked for the password but verified it was me with the other information.

Bottom line the two reps Chris and Erica had a power trip going with me and were unwilling to make any effort to help the customer. If all the reps of Cingular were like David Ball their customer service dept would have great ratings insted of having a customer that is now going to switch back to T-Mobile.

• Ap
    April Jul 23, 2007

About two months ago my husband and I had cingular / att switch our phone plan. We had 1100 anytime minutes between each other, we talked for free and what not, so in the end, we had like 3800 rollover minutes. So we thought, ok.. lets downgrade our plan, since were obviously wasting money. So we called them, and asked them to switch our plan to a lower family plan, and the guy on the phone told us that we would keep our rollover minutes. Well a month later (two weeks ago) they shut off our phone. I owed one bill. So I figured ok, my bad... let me pay that. I call up cingular /att. And I asked the man to turn my phone on and I'll make a payment on my account. The guy asked me how much, I told him the full amount 124.00. The guy told me that, that was not enough money to turn my phone on, and so I asked why. And he said that I owed 1000.00 dollars. I was completely baffled and told my husband to give them a call. So he did. Turns out, the guy who switched our plan separated our phone lines, so we were not talking for free anymore, and they gave us only 300 minutes a piece, and threw out 3800 rollover minutes that we had accrued. So yeah, we obviously went over our minutes, or should I say cingulars minutes, cause that's not the phone plan we asked for. And was not what we were told we were getting. Like my husband told the guy over the phone... how can someone with 3800 rollover minutes, or someone who always had rollover minutes all of a sudden skyrocket a 1k cellphone bill?! I mean come on. Somethings definitely not right. Thankfully they rectified the situation. But, damn. I promise once my contract is up, that's it with that garbage company.

• Re
    Reddy Sam Sep 12, 2007

AT&T claims, that they have an excellent netwrok.But to me it is a piece of junk network.I regret that I switched to AT&T from T-Mobile.I want to complain on this, but not sure to whom.I noticed that they are good at providing false information in thier commercials that they are the netwrok with ''FEWEST DROPPED CALLS"".The fact is that all the calls drop regularly and there is a frequent network busy signal.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices