AT&T U - Verse - Orange County, CA / poor customer service, very unprofessional

CA, United States Review updated:

my wife and i ordered AT&T U-verse (TV/Internet/Phone) bundle for our home over three weeks ago. but the day before they're supposed to hook up service they called to say they can't install it due to "engineering" issues. turns out, they didn't do their homework and didn't prepare to install our service on the day our serice was supposed to begin. anyway, we are now more than one week after our original service date, and we still do not have any tv/internet/phone service at our house. AT&T personnel have lied to us about whether they are working on saturday, they have not called back when they said they would, they have all passed the buck to someone else in another department, nobody have taken any responsibility, and no AT&T personnel have behaved like professionally.
i have very disappointed and angry at AT&T.
the sad thing is, we switched to AT&T because we were fed up with the poor customer service of Cox communications. (although cox always had good tv/internet connection).

Comments

• Ly
      6th of Mar, 2011

I am a AT&T's customer since 2006. I called them to cancelthe internet to swicth to cable and found out later that they didn't cancel the internet as they supposed to do. The date I called to cancel the internet service, the customer service was supposed the "supervisor" was unhappy and was not very helpful. I didn't know if she had the bad hair day or her problem at work...whatever, she was not helpful turned out...she didn't do her job. Poor customer service!

24th of Feb, 2012

After going in to an AT&T Mobility store to exchange a cell phone, I was impressed by the U-verse sales pitch and ordered it. I let them know, however, that as I work for the union that represents the telephone company employees, I wanted to check with a Tech and I may need to cancel the order. After checking with an installation Rep, he advised me not to get U-verse as he said that many people call to cancel because of the insurmountable trouble they encounter with the system and that there is virtually no customer service. I immediately called the Manager I spoke with at the store to cancel my order. After receiving several e-mails confirming my order and installation date, I tried to call AT&T to cancel and held for 30 minutes! AT&T has NO CUST SERVICE! While waiting on hold, I tried to go online to cancel and after answering all kinds of questions re the order and who I was - I was told the the online person could not cancel the order that I had to call the number I had been on hold for 30 minutes to cancel. I simply gave up and will let them come to my home and cancel then...

• Ki
      22nd of Aug, 2012

AT&T U -Verse is not worth looking at. Came in disconnected everything then informed me that the phone would take 5 days to start working. Told them no way as this was my home office #. Cancelled that day with AT&T and had Cox came back in the next day to get everything working again. Cox also offered me a better deal for staying. * Ask for the retention department not billing when at the end of your promo. Despite confirming with AT&T 4x regarding cancelling their services - 1 week later they took my phone # away from Cox shutting me down once again. I was on the cell phone with them for over 5 hours trying to make sure they understood everything. They either don't listen or don't care. Either way don't put yourself through all the frustration.