Having problems with AT&T?

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved lack of service & commitment

The following are the situations & circumstances I went through with becoming a new AT&T customer. Please read the following as I hope we can come to a resolution on the following issues:

1. AT&T missed appointment schedule at 8:00am-10:00am

2. I took off & loss a days pay to wait for the technician who did not arrive till 8pm.

3. I called several times which I waited each time 45 minutes to reach the dispatching dept. to find out when AT&T is coming. I was told to keep calling back as no one has picked up the ticket.

4. As the day went by I asked to leave the house temporarily to get lunch & was told not to leave as he could come any minute. He did not arrive till 8pm and I was not able to get neither lunch nor dinner since I had to wait for him to start connecting u-verse.

5. AT&T arrived at 8pm and worked till 9:30pm 2 hours connecting u-verse which never worked and he had to disconnect u-verse & connect me back to my cable company.

6. When the AT&T technician connected me back to my cable company, I had no telephone service for 3 weeks since AT&T had already pulled the telephone number from my cable company (Charter Communications).

7. The AT&T technician said I would be a priority since it was not connected properly. I then find out I could not be connected to u-verse till 1 month after. There was absolutely no priority for my case.

8. My family ended up using our cell phones to call people and paid extra for minutes used.

9. I received several phone calls from AT&T telephone dept, asking me to call Charter Communications and ask them to re-connect my telephone line so AT&T can pull the number again. After spending an hour trying to explain to Charter Comm what AT&T wanting me to do, they finally did it but charged my account a re-connect fee. I told AT&T the phone number was re-activated and I was assured the phone number was pulled again for importing.

10. Different representatives from AT&T called me several times thereafter asking me if the number was pulled. I told the 3 or 4 different reps that called me the whole story and it was apparent that no one read the notes from the prior telephone calls to me.

11. I took off the 2nd time for the installation between 8 & 10am and they did not arrive till 4pm. I lost another days pay since this is the 2nd time the installer missed the appt. at the time designated.

12. The installer connected the internet & cable and could not install the telephone because he said AT&T did not import the phone number, after all the conversations I had with them throughout the month & them ensuring the telephone number was imported.

13. The u-verse technician put me on the phone again with the telephone dept who let me know that they would give me a temporary phone number after they tried to sell me on additional services from AT&T. I could not get anymore disgusted at the gentlemen trying to sell me more services at such an inappropriate time.

14. I called Charter again to activate the phone number and they told me they would not activate it again until a discrepancy in billing was resolved with them first.

15. I received the bill from AT&T which included bundled & pro-rated charges for a service that was never running correctly.

16. The $100 gift card was never received, but I did receive the rebate check.

• Un
    unsatisfide customer Apr 17, 2009

• Do
    doomed Sep 25, 2009

I have had bad service aquiring u-verse. I purchased a computer at best buy . While there I signed up for at&t wi fi which I cancelled after one month because we went over user time . Costed to much .Next we signed up for u-verse I took off a day of work only to find out were to far away from their box. I was told again by salesman on phone guaranteed hookup this time or I will buy lunch. I took the day off work again only to hear I was to far away from their box again.Weres my lunch liar. Door salesman at&t comes to the house we told him we have been turned down twice before.He insisted the box had been moved closer . Once again Itook off work again installer told me I was to far away to recieve.He left I had to call him back my phone was disconnected . He came back four hours later.AT&T called back were told a line would be ran right to our house. Once again took off work and no showed up this time waited three hours called various phone # only to hear our records show your too far away.I was told were sorry we will take you off our mailing list.Any way here is the account 1040264429

• Ve
    Very Miffed Nov 20, 2009

I have had nothing but trouble with customer service from AT&T. They make Charter look like saints. Here is my laundry list of complaints.
    1) Signed up for U-Verse and internet, but declined phone since we only use cells. They won't stop asking about me hooking up a phone.
    2) 1/2 hour after my scheduled Saturday install window the installer calls to cancel the appointment. I call AT&T to cancel the service, and call the sales rep to tell him that he was wrong about the customer service being so great. He convinces me to sign back up and offers an additional $100.00 off for a total of $200.00 rebate.
    3) Install comes on time and is the laziest installer I have ever seen. Leaves cables laying around and hooks my cable up to the front of my TV, not the back. I make him fix it before he leaves.
    4) After a month we don't see a bill, so we call. Apparently we are past due, they sent my email bill, which I did NOT signup for, to my old charter email not my new AT&T email. We complain, they remove the late fee, fix the email address and set us up for paper billing.
    5) I didn’t receive any rebate, discount for the first 6-months, or anything that was promised on the rate. We complained and they “opened an investigation”. After a month we finally received a credit and a $100.00 gift card.
    6) Bill doesn't come, we are two months behind, AT&T says they can take care of that right now if we given them our checking account information. My wife laughs at them. There is no way they will ever have authorization to draft my checking account. Again they say they have us set up for paper billing and fix the email address and are sending out a bill.
    7) We pay the bill and call a couple of weeks later to see our status. They received our payment, but we missed the cut-off of for the paper billing so we are late again. They send us out another bill, and say they will give us credit.
    8) At each of the payment issues above we tried to change our options and were told that they will not change anything until we are paid in full. We complained several times. The last time we were finally able to make a change even though our account was not up-to-date due to their billing issues.
    9) My fourth billing cycle and we finally received a bill on time, we are current, and the credits the promised are there, but it took way to many attempts to fix this. Would you like phone service too? NO!
    10) We noticed a low-level (not loud), but very high-pitched noise coming from the box. My wife noticed it a couple of weeks before I did. It only got worse so we finally called AT&T. They said if it is making that noise it is a fire hazard, turn the box of immediately. They are sending out a repairman tomorrow and offering a small credit for the lost service. Okay, why isn't there a recall? AT&T says they are waiting for people to call about the noise. What!? What if the noise starts when you are out-of-town, asleep, if you are hearing impaired? This is a serious and potentially dangerous issue. This last part I have reported.

Resolved refused to cancel print ad

Was given a 'Telemarketer' sales rep. out of MI this past summer (2008) and when I got around to...

Resolved fraudulantly charged my debit card

I got my wallet stolen on the 22nd of February. a couple minutes after it happened I called my bank and they said they changed my account and i would get a new card and number. then I went online to check my transactions and there are two pending transactions to them for a hundred dollars each. i just thought that someone called and tried to use my card but after reading these it sounds like they did use it and then the company double charged them thinking it was really their card how can they get away with this. I cant even get my money reimbursed until the transaction goes through its ridiculous it just goes to show how many good people are really left in this world. I hope they get caught because this is ridiculous.

• Ve
    Vesta eCustomer Support Jun 05, 2009

Vesta processes millions of prepaid recharge payments each month on behalf of telecom companies and their customers. We continually monitor orders for unauthorized or fraudulent use of payment devices, and actively work with customers to resolve any issues or disputes promptly and fairly. This is evidenced by our “A” rating by the Better Business Bureau.

If you have questions regarding a charge from Vesta on your credit card bill or bank statement, email [email protected]
    or call toll free 877 386 5330. A representative will be glad to assist.

Resolved warranty issues

I have had AT&T for about a year. For all that time I have paid into the warranty coverage. Recently I lost my phone. They sent me a new one however it wasn't the exact color that I bought. Now I know to some of you this probably isn't a big deal but I feel that I should of gotten the same exact phone that I bought. They told me that I had to deal with whatever they have in stock and that they will do nothing to fix the situation. Is there anything I could do? I am really not happy.

• Ta
    takiyah boone Jan 31, 2017

I have been a valued customer for over five years with at&t up until now. The warranty department is a disgrace. My device recently started over heating and read a message that stated for me to turn off the device because of over heating. So I did just that and called up warranty to inform them of the issues I was having. Not once did the agent tell me that if any other damages like liquid or external damages are found on the phone I will be charged the full fee of the phone. The replacement phone came about two days later with no extra charger head set nothing just the phone. About 3weeks later I receive the original phone back with a letter stating that there was liquid damage indicator activated and therefore I would be charged the full cost of the phone which is $706.00. I couldn't believe my eyes. I called at&t immediately. I explained to the representative that I was not informed of the terms and condition that I received in the mail and had I i wouldn't even bothered going throw warranty I would've went with the insurance company. I was told that no matter the actual problem with the device if it has water damage or external damage then I will be charged. Now at first the representative was nice to me while going over the details of the phone but after putting me on hold several time she started to get frustrated and was refusing my questions' so I asked to speak to a supervisor regarding the matter but to no avail she wasn't available. If its not a scam then how is it that they don't inform the customer of important parts of the terms and conditions and if there are any damages then give them the option of it either being fixed or returned to them. Outrage. I still haven't received a call back from the Supervisor. Switching my wireless company immediately

Resolved outrageous charges

On 9/26/2008 I went to the AT&T Store #M327(1813 Village West Pkwy Suite 103, Kansas City, Kansas 66111) to inquire about the AT&T USB Connect Mercury prior to my trip to Spain planned for October 2008. I had two very specific questions: whether it would work in Spain and how much it would be. Sales person Lisa Overall told me it would work just fine and the rate would be $60 per month flat fee; I was not told about any additional charges, so I signed in. I got on the Internet, checked my e-mail etc. couple of times while in Spain and then it quit working, it turns out that it got disconnected because I spent "too much money" but I only found out about this when I returned home from the trip and then was able to check my e-mail.
This was followed in short order by two bills for a total of more than $20000
I called the store and the manager Alex Montgomery-Soares agreed that Lisa Overall did not correctly explained everything to me, but since it was alot of money, he had to go "higher up" to solve my problem.
To make a long story short, after multiple complaints to AT&T and spending very long hours on the phone, I was told that although I was given by mistake the "National rate" instead of the "International rate", I would still have to pay almost $4000 which would have applied with the International rate, and that was their final decision after reviewing my case. My contention is that if I would have been told about additional roaming charges/outrageous amount of money for very little megabytes of download I would have never signed for it so I don't know why I still had to pay anything other than the promised $60/month flat fee.
After threatening calls even on Christmas Eve, I payed the bill so my credit rate would not be affected, but I think this is abuse/robbery to the poor consumer by a big company and something needs to be done about it.
After googling "AT&T outrageous charges" and seeing the number of people in the same situation, I am surprised that nothing has been done so far and that all of this has not found its way to TV/newspapers etc.

Jose I. Dulin
185 Terrace Trail South
Lake Quivira
KS, 66217
[protected]@kc.rr.com

• So
    S Ovadia Dec 12, 2009

Jose and those concerned,
    Although my situation is different than yours, I too was hit with an outrageous call charge. I was charged $10.55 per minute for a call to Afghanistan to talk to my son who is serving in the U.S. Army. The first 3 calls were not answered but I was charged $10.55 for those unanswered calls. The fourth call, he answered and we talked for a total of 20 minutes. My international charge for a total of 23 minutes was $242.65. This does not include the "FED UNIVERSAL SERVICE FUND" fee, STATE and MUNINCIPAL taxes for a grand total of $290.90. This is only the international charge and does not include my normal domestic charges.
    I feel that this is an absolute injustice and although I know that most international calls are important to those making them, the fact that families of our American soldiers can not talk to them and hear their voices and visa versa, is disgusting. My son, along with thousands of sons, daughters, husbands, wives, sisters and brothers, are being punished for being in a foreign country, fighting for OUR freedom. They need to hear familiar voices. They need to hear "I love you", instead of reading it in an email or letter. We, as parents and loved ones, need to hear our soldiers laughter, sorrow, anger or any other emotion that they want to share. It sickens me that AT&T abuses the American people by charging these ridiculous fees. It sickens me that after receiving that first 'international' bill most will not be making those calls to say "I love you".
    What does it take to fight this unfair, overpriced violation? How do we as Americans and military families change this? I don't know but one thing I do know... I would love to send AT&T's upper management to the Middle East, set them down in the middle of a desert and tell them "You aren't going to talk to any of their loved ones for 1 1/2 yrs. and by the way, your life is in constant danger and they may NEVER hear your voice again"
    Those of us who can't afford these phone calls are, in a sense, being told the very same thing. I'm disgusted. I'm angry. I'm heartbroken.

Susan Ovadia
    Proud Army MP Mom
    Ohio
    [email protected]

• Al
    Alex Montgomery-Soares May 27, 2011

Jose, I hope you remember me. As you probably remember, I not only agree with you on the mistake as you described on your complain post, but I also helped taking the issue all the way to the Office of the President in Atlanta, GA to get this resolved and minimize the costs to you. I am sorry that you still have to pay something for the usage of the DATA card in Europe, but I did what I could in a company the size of AT&T, it is not sometimes so easy to get things done, specially values of this high amount and have it reverted to Zero. I am no longer with AT&T, I moved on to do bigger and better things with my career, but this post still shows on a Google search of my name as the number one thing when you search my name Alex Montgomery-Soares.
    I would sincerely appreciate it if you could be so kind and remove this post, so that Google does not show this when someone searches my name. I want to remind you that I did what I could and I was just a Retail Sales Manager at the time with AT&T. I do not want to associate my name with this episode. If you feel like you should leave the complain up, I am okay with it, so long you do not mention me by name. you can say the Store Manager, I would sincerely appreciate your kindness. Thank you Jose and may God Bless you and your family...

Alex Montgomery-Soares.

• Su
    Susanimher Jul 29, 2013

I purchased an AT&T Go-Phone (Alcatel 871A) on July 24, 2013, along with a $25.00 top-up card to establish one month of service. I also put $15.00 on the phone to use for purchasing ring-tones, games, etc. Since then, there have been over THIRTY (30) charges to my phone, referred to as "GPRS" charges, all for a few cents, but totaling $6.09, bringing my account balance down to $8.91. Today, I received a text message telling me that my rate plan did not RENEW due to a low account balance. I already PAID for one full month - it should not NEED to renew until August 23rd or 24th!! I could not reach any department or person on the phone to address this problem, and was just sent in circles on the website. When I tried to email AT&T, I was told that Go-Phone customers do not have this privilege. So far, I have been ripped off for $25.00 plus $6.09, and I have never even made one call on this phone.

Resolved raised interest rates

I have had this credit card for years and not missed any paymets in fact have paid it off twice in the last 4 years of over $20000 each time, They raised my rate almost 10% more after the balance got high, The government needs to stop the credit card companies from raising rates, and if they do they need to raise the rates on future purchases not purchases already on the card, this is a rip off.

Resolved unauthorized charges

I've had ATT Uverse for almost a year now. I have all the bundled services a person could ask for, voice over ip, wireless, U200 package and broadband service. Since September 2008 my bill has been sky high, but i did not really wonder why, just thought the services i had were the cause only after receiving a bill February 2009 for over $700. After being on hold with ATT for about an hour and speaking to around 7 people who had no clue of what they are being paid for, i found out that i wa sbeing charged for ordering adult movies for about 6 months. I told ATT that i have not ordered any movies since i had the service, and why should when i can go to Walmart and rent them for $1 brand new. They told that yeah they were ordered from my home, but the funny part is that while i was talking with them and complaining there were 3 more movies charged that same day, during the time i was on the phone. So after two days a technician called and i explained the what's going on. Did you know that ATT is giving it's customers refurbished/used Uverse boxes? i know when i signed up for service they were suppose to be new, i never signed anything on receiving used equipement. Also i was told that there could have been a crossed signal with the previous owner of the boxes. At this point they are still not willing to admit to their own mistake and refund me almost $1000 since september. Oh did i mention that the majority of the time that these were ordered that my kids are in school 8 hours, my wife works all day and i am retired and in college full time.

Resolved unauthorized charges

I DID have a prepaid cell phone. Do not use it anymore, infact i have not used it for almost a year. Then I...

Resolved misleading advertising

I finally caved in and decided to switch from DISH to ATT Uverse because of the $200 promotions, ability to "record 4 programs" at once and have them play anywhere from a single DVR versus my current DISH setup using 2 HD DVR's.

When completing the install yesterday the technician informed me that because of distance we are from the DSLAM, (over 4500 feet) they had to lower the IP speed from the street to the house from 25mbs to 18mbs. Consequently, we can only watch a SINGLE HD station at a time and can NEVER record more than 1 HD program at a time and that the maximum number of programs we can record simultaneously is 3(all SD) rather than the advertised capability to record 4.

I immediately told him that this was a showstopper, and that was less capability we had with our existing DISH setup. He acted as if I should have been informed by the sales reps at the ATT store where I signed up the day before, or at minimum by the other technician that was at the house previously preparing the switch at the street.

Essentially, ATT is using bait & swithc tactics to entice people like myself to swith with promotional offers, etc...however the system does not even perform as advertised, nor where there any warnings that we would have fewer than advertised capabilities.

I have already called to cancel and plan to have my DISH service resumed.

Resolved wireless rebate not received

Here is the letter I tried to send to AT&[protected]@CustomerCare regarding an unreceived Rebate for a SONY ERICSSON...

Resolved automatic renewal falsified

This company AT&T states that we had an automatic renewal. We did not. We signed up for regular phone ...

Resolved visa gift card

I ordered at&t's dsl 1.5m internet service. I was told to go to www.att.com/rewards in 21 days from...

Resolved fraudulent charges

My mother had a business phone line with AT&T which my sister helped set up the plans and services. When my mother retired I attempted to setup call forwarding for that business phone number. To my surprise a cryptically titled item 'SimpleLink Enhanced MMRC' changed from ~$8 credit to ~$26 charge every month. I did not get the full story of what this plan/service was 6 months latter. Every month I would talk to an apologetic supervisor would would offer a few dollars of credit and assure me that the plan was terminated and the charge would not reoccur. Every month brought a bill with the ~$26 charge which prompted another phone call. Once they even suggested that it might take some time for the cancellation to be processed, suggesting that I should ignore the next bill and look for the charge to be eliminated on the following bill. All the while accumulating ~$26 a month.

I get the full story after I have the account transferred from my mothers name to mine, which seems to have terminated the program. In April of 2007 my sister signs mom up for this program that will provide the ~$8 as long as we are billing a minimum of $45 dollars, which costs ~26 when our bill falls below that figure. This is a reoccurring year long contract, which renewed for a second year in April 2008 after AT&T sent use a cryptic letter explaining what we had to do to cancel in February 2008. At that time I was helping mom with post brain-injury therapies. In May 2008 we reduced our service charges below this limit and incurred the charge. In October 2008, by closing the account, we were charged ~$26 for every month remaining in the contract through April 2009, ~$180. I doubt that my sister would have signed up for this plan if it was fully explained to her. AT&T certainly made no attempt to explain it to me during those 6 months, I suspect hoping to capture another year by running the clock.

• 10
    108Days Feb 04, 2009

I had AT&T phone and internet service for 6+years. We never use the house phone anymore, so I called AT&T to ask if I could cancel the phone service but keep the internet. I was told "Sure, I can take care of that for you."
    I'll make a long story short. On Jan 13 2009 they shut off the phone and internet service, and the internet hasn't been back on since. We have called or visited the local AT&T store in person on a daily basis ever since. Let me tell you what M at the local store told my husband just an hour ago. "I'm very sorry, I'm working on it, I'll call you. We're going to put you at the top of the list since you've had to wait so long." We've been told that every single time we call or go in person. This is the short story and there appears to be no end in sight. "Oh, I have to go through 4 managers blah blah blah." In the time since, I know of 2 co-workers and a relative who have ordered and had installed AT&T Uverse service...yet we're still trapped in some AT&T black hole of their own making. This is the short story.

• Di
    digitugur Jul 20, 2009

Same thing happend to me. Five years I didn't use phone service. After 5 years I decided to shut phone service and keep the internet. But AT&T shut both. I think it's some kind of punisment. after that 10 days I couln't use internet. Still I don't have internet. Every day I am calling them. They just apologize. Apology takes 20 min. Other 20 minutes for asking your adress name last name, new adress, old adress accunt number telephone number ... . Every day I waste 40 minutes for nothing. AT&T is not a professional company (They are cvery cheap)

• Ga
    gaildianna Aug 16, 2010

On August 2, 2010 I sent the following letter to AT&T and filed a complaint with the BBB, consumer affairs, and the State of Texas Attorney General's Office:

Mr. Randall Stephenson
    Chairman, President, and CEO
    AT&T, Inc.
    208 S. Akard St.
    Dallas, TX 75202

Dear Mr. Stephenson;

The purpose of my letter is to tell you about a recent customer service experience to you.

Last week I contacted AT&T to review my plan to see if we might find a way to reduce our monthly charge of around $150.00. The individual I spoke to was most polite and helpful. However, I was informed that the plan I had was nonexistent. Moreover, it has been nonexistent for years. I also learned that I could have a much improved plan at a savings to me of around $60.00-80.00 per month. We made the change effective for the following day.

My question to you Mr. Stephenson is how many years did I pay for this nonexistent service? How could AT&T continue to send me a bill each month, over how many years, for a service plan that was no longer existent?

Is this an example of your "Centered On You" customer service, as stated online:

"Great customer service is the cornerstone of AT&T, and we’re passionate about providing a superior customer experience. It’s a vital part of everything we do—from keeping you connected with the latest technology to delivering the best value."

In essence, just how much money did I actually overpay AT&T for your "thoughtful, caring, and prompt attention" to my needs as also stated online?

How long would AT&T have let this continue?

Then, I received the following response from AT&T via the BBB:

On 08/04/10 an AT&T representative spoke with Ms. Caruth and acknowledged this complaint. AT&T explained that through out the years services as well as promotions change. At the time services and packages are ordered AT&T offers the plans and price points that are available at that time.
    At the point of sale when Ms. Caruth's previous service package was ordered it was at that time the most cost affective. Ms. Caruth acknowledged this information but stated that she felt that AT&T needs to lower the rates and proactively contact the customers to apprise of new pricing.

AT&T does advertise new products and pricing. In addition, customers are alerted via billing statement inserts, telemarketing efforts and when AT&T has direct communication with customers via customer service, unless otherwise requested by the customer.

Of which I replied:

No, I do not accept AT&T's disingenuous response to my complaint. Following is a point by point response to their response:

• "AT&T explained that through out the years services as well as promotions change." When I set up our phone service 12 years ago it was not a "promotion" it was explained as a standard service rate.

• The following statement is not correct: "Ms. Caruth acknowledged this information but stated that she felt that AT&T needs to lower the rates and proactively contact the customers to apprise of new pricing." What I said was: "When rates change AT&T needs to contact customers about the new lower rates rather than continue to bill for obsolete services at higher service rates."

• I never see any TV advertising for new service rates as stated: " AT&T does advertise new products and pricing "

• I challenge the statement: " In addition, customers are alerted via billing statement inserts, " What fool would continue to pay ($50-80/month) overcharge when it was so abundantly clear they were over paying?

• The statement is false: "In addition, customers are alerted via ... telemarketing efforts ..." We never received one call informing us of how we might save money ($50-80/month) on a new service rate.

• The first time the statement is proven false: "In addition, customers are alerted via ... when AT&T has direct communication with customers via customer service..." is when we changed our internet service from a dial-up to DSL. I called customer service to disconnect the dedicated (second) land-line. During the phone conversation I was not informed of the service rate change during that call which clearly was to specifically reduce our monthly invoice.

• A second time the statement is false: "In addition, customers are alerted via ... when AT&T has direct communication with customers via customer service..." Spring 2010 my husband and I went in to the AT&T store to upgrade our cell phone to reduce our monthly rates. We also discussed our land line and internet service rates. The customer service rep who assisted pulled up our land-line billing information and informed us we could reduce our monthly bill if we included AT&T U-Verse, another AT&T service.

AT&T has been raping us for years. The response to this complaint both over the phone and in writing is clear that they plan to continue rape the public until they are stopped.

Resolved selling a product (u-verse) they cannot actually provide

My girlfriend and I waited quite some time before At&t claimed that their U-Verse package was finally available where we live(Carol Stream, IL). Last week our apartment complex left fliers outside everyone's door stating that an At&t sales person would be in the office over the weekend to sign people up. So my girlfriend goes and signs us up for the U-verse Cable & Internet package.

Two days later we receive a phone call from At&t telling us that they made a mistake & U-Verse actually is not available for our apartment. There is apparently some technical issue with some apartments being able to receive the service, and some not being able to. They told us to go with Comcast until this issue can be resolved, then to come back to them.

I understand mistakes happen but wow is that a colossal screw up. It would be one thing if we signed up over the phone and then they called and told us this, but a salesman was THERE at the apartment complex signing people up(us included) with SERVICE AGREEMENTS. Now I've heard the old saying about people who assume & I know how dangerous that can be. However none of my assumptions are ever THAT far from the realm of reality. Call me crazy, but when a salesman works out a deal with an apartment complex to sell internet & cable to EVERYONE there, then yes I am going to have to assume that company would have already sent a tech to each and every building to check and make sure all are potentially eligible for this product. Such a wacky though right? Boo At&t. You stink.

poor quality, misleading sales pitch

FInally I thought I can get away from Comcast hell. umm wrong Uverse is actually worse. Installer used my existing co ax wiring but still took 4.5 hours to install 1 dvr box and 1 modem
tv picture os ok channel line up is ok, BUT WAIT I want HD. ok now the picture quality is more like something you would view over dial;up connection. very pixelated and frequantly it simply drops out.
Great concept but it needs some work. If you like any quality picture stick with cable or satellite

Resolved deceiving airport wifi service

8 months ago I purchased one time WIFI internet service from AT&T at an airport. Now I realise that I am subscribed to a yearly service paying 20$ a months.

I built web sites all my life for a living so I'm 110% sure that it wasn't very clear that I'm subscribing to a yearly service.

I find AT&T's aproach very deceiving because I opened up a web page designed for that airport and its clear that %90 of the passangers would like to purchase a "one time" service. The default options could have been that way.

This is such a huge disappointment!

• Da
    Dan Feb 17, 2009

Same thing happened to me at a Starbucks. When connecting there was just a sign in screen that implied I was paying $19.99 for a month's worth of access. Turns out that it is a year long agreement @ $19.99 /month with a $20 early cancellation fee. Starbuck and ATT... Not names I normally associate with such a devious scam, but I've learned my lesson. Maybe this will help others avoid it.

• Ra
    Rachael Feb 28, 2009

This is definitly a scam!! When I tried to contact AT&T about this issue to discuss the lack of clarity about the "1 year sign up" and get the charges reversed, I found that they keep transferring you from dept to dept, hours on the phone, without the ability to "find your account", much like a dog chasing its tail... yet they still keep charging my credit card. A truly dissapointing situation from two reputable companies.

Resolved very bad service

We had an installation schedule for the AT&T U-Verse on January 31 st, we had ordered this on the 31 of December. We were in the living room waiting for the cable guy to show up and do the installation so we can get on with other important chores. We were sitting there with my brother, mom, and his two friends that came to play a video game. The installation was scheduled for 12:00-2:00. We finally got a call from an AT&T U-Verse employee, the one that was supposed to install U-Verse for us today, [protected]. It was 12:45. On the call he asked if we wanted to re-schedule, and we replied "no, one month is not enough for you?". He then told us that he will come at 1:00. We said alright. Hours passed, and there was no sign of him, no call, nothing. We tried, and tried alot to contact him from the number that he called us from, and a few other numbers. They all had us waiting for 2.5 hrs. Like I mentioned earlier, we were all waiting for him, from 12:00-2:40. We got on the internet, and saw that our appointment was scheduled for 8pm. We were shocked, and then waited for a few more hours, and then finally our call got to them. Someone from the AT&T U-verse picked up the phone. We asked him about the installation, he said that it has been re-scheduled for February 24. We all were sad, and didn't talk much, because it just wasn't clear enough, on why he re-scheduled. The someone also said that he came at exactly 2:40, and knocked a whole lot, then went away. THAT WAS TOTALLY A LIE. WE WERE IN THE LIVING ROOM, OUR FRONT DOOR WAS COMPLETELY OPEN!!! SO WAS OUR BACK DOOR!!! THE ONLY ENTRANCE THAT WAS CLOSED WAS OUR GATE, BUT IT WASN'T LOCKED!!! OVERALL HE LIED, AND NEVER SHOWED UP, AND WITH THAT HE SQUELCHED OUR EXCITEMENT, ANY HAPPINESS FOR GETTING THE U-VERSE, AND HOW ENTERTAINING IT WOULD BE. AT&T U-VERSE WAS THE BADDEST SERVICE WE EVER HAD.

• Un
    unsatisfide customer Apr 17, 2009

I agree, AT&T U-verse should not even try to compete with comcast or any onther TV services. Their servces sucks, they do not even know how to repair or troubleshoot their own hardware. They have left a 72 year old lady without a phone line after switching over to AT&T Uverse. She can not make or recieve any calls. If her house was to catch on FIRE AT&T would be a fault since they are not willing to fix their equipment. They should be hung and should not even try to compete with Comcast or satelite TV. They Suck... They told this lady that if she had any problems just call, however when she did the service technician never answered the phone. Lose AT&T U-verse everyone should boybcot the phone company... They have a lot of nerve competing with Cable companies... Get realy AT&T U-verse... then they want to charge $140.00 for a service that does not even work... Go Figure... LOSER Can you say LOSERS... Thats what U-verse is flakes and rip off dont use them lose them...

• Pa
    panna patel Jul 18, 2010

Ban/Acc#104893437. Modem ID -2 wire 280-Net Work KEY-9827374660
    [email protected] .
    My television and internet is working, but there is no dieling tone on the telephone, on the telephone led screen
    it says check telephone line, line looks ok, i also switched the modem and dvr off, then even no change

Resolved lost phone nightmare

On November 3rd I thought I had misplaced my cell phone, so I looked for it the rest of that day and on the 4th but could not find the phone so I placed a lost phone entry on November 5th. I received my October bill and it had that I owed $124.00 and I knew this was way to high being that my normal bill has been between $39.00 to $45.00. So I saw on my bill that all these downloads were fraudulently made to all these various game sites and porn sites. I immediately called AT&T to complain and inform them of the problem and they of course told me that I was responsible for any downloads that were made on the cell phone before I reported the phone lost so I had to eat the $124.00 bill. I had just renewed my contract and just got the new phone when it was lost so I had my old cell phone and they told me to go to the nearest AT&T store and have them put in a new sim card and that will take care of the problem. I did that immediately. When I received my November bill I was shocked to see a $299.00 bill and when I looked at how that could be possible it showed that there were downloads made on the phone after the 5th and after I had the sim changed. The rep I got was very nice and the said they would fix the problem and that I would owe $75.00 for that months cell phone bill so I paid that. December when I received my bill it showed I owed $526.00. The bill showed I was past due by $2.89 which should not have been possible being I paid exactly what the rep said. There were no downloads this time but it said that I went over my 450 anytime minutes by 897 minutes that just isn't possible yet when I look at the bill it is my cell phone calls. What I didn't realize was that when these people were downloading on my cell phone they must have used all of my roll over minutes which I usually had 350 roll over minutes. They say I am responsible for this bill but there's something very wrong here cuz it's my usual number of calls for the month. This is a disaster and I need to know if anyone else has had this problem and if they know what actions I can take on this.

• Ka
    kamlesh verma Mar 08, 2010

my samsung cell phone lost please note details

my name - kamlesh verma
    address- rajnandgaon, chattisgarh 491441.
    model - gt-m3510
    make - samsung
    lost date - 24/02/2010
    email address or communication- [email protected]
    last used no. on cell - +919713694222
    current contact no. - 9755889086
    imei no. - 354627020328102

i have doubt this reliance gsm no. is activate on this cell (+919827877601)
    please check it by your operating system and gave back my cell to me...

thanks...

rude customer service

Here is a copy of the letter I wrote: 01/31/06 16:36 Good Afternoon Ms. Dowling. I am writing to you today...

Resolved fraud and cheating

Today Monday January 26, 2008 Linda the supervisor I talked to on Friday and had told me she would talk to their sales department and try to straighten out the situation and would give me a call back today...called, well it was useless, basically to tell me that nothing can be done, that she contacted Tiffanies supervisor and let them know what gave us the wrong information... whoopie! but that was all she could do for us!

so basically we are stuck going from 2 brand new 2008 Sidekicks with Tmobile 3 -4 mths old $300 phones... to these two piece of crap phones with AT&T...that we basically settled for, because of what we were told... and they are not willing to do anything what so ever to correct their screw up!!! basically Linda's last words on the phone were...'Sorry we can't do anything for you, and for the misinformation!!' EVERYBODY BEWARE!!!

• Valerie Sep 29, 2008

All of a sudden I have this 21.15 dollars charge on my ATT phone bill. I still don't know why. I requested no such service--I pay a pretty penny to ATT for my long distance service. I don't understand why ATT arbitrarily billed me for this service. What is the logic? It is a big rip-off and ATT is guilty for being the billing agent for this fraud. Do we have no recourse for this kind of crap? When I called ATT, they had a hands-off attitude--basically saying this company asked us to bill you for the service and you must talk to them about this.

• Valerie Dec 01, 2008

AT&T allowed this company, who they claim no affiliation, to charge me for a voice mail service I did not authorize. Now I am being charge late fees added for not paying this bill. I feel AT&T is responsible since they allowed this to happen without my authorization.

I never wanted nor ask for a voice mail. Did not even know it was active until the charge showed up on my bill. I call the phone company and was told by a customer service that I automatically sign up when I opened a website. I continue not to pay for something I did not request. AT&T should be held accountable.

• Bo
    Bowie Dec 17, 2008

AA&T signed me up for long distance service without my knowledge. When I called they refused to remove all charges and didn't even cancel my account until 3 months later.

• Fe
    FedUpATT Jun 30, 2010

ATT Consumer Fraud
    In December 2008, ATT promised bundled service for $99. The bundle included internet, phone with long distance, and a two year contract with DISH Network. EVERY month I have to call to get the bill corrected because of over charges ranging from $30 to $300. Now, they won't take off the over charges, but they won't release me from the two year contract with DISH. If you are a victim of this scam, call FTC at (877)382-4357, FCC at (888)225-5322, State Consumer Protection Agency (Attorney General) at (800)869-1123 or (404)651-8600, AND the AJC at (404)526-7003.