Having problems with AT&T?

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

Complaints & Reviews

installation

I am writing to let you know about my experience in ordering and having AT&T Uverse installed at my...

at&t rewards

U-verse installed Nov. 6 '08; not totally happy with some parts of the program; received two (2) letter...

no longer use phone, have asked to be discontinued and am still being charged each month

I have requested several times to stop the prepaid charge to my bank account. I no longer use this phone and am still being charged inspite of the requests.

unbelieveable crap

I recently lost my job due to downsizing and wanted to save money so I switched from Time Warner to AT&T...

very bad service

My installation for ATT U-verse was scheduled to occur yesterday December 9th, 2008. The installer called before arriving and was prompt and pleasant when he showed up. After walking through my house he advised me he had to leave and would be back in 30-45 minutes to go to the hub for our neighborhood. He arrived back as promised, but then left again for another 30 minutes. This time he returned to tell me he had bad news that he cannot do the install today because he needs someone from the "INR" department to fix the switch at the hub...whatever thast means. He said they will 'probably" "maybe" "possibly would come out tomorrow, and they could have him "probably" "possibly" come back tomorrow to retry the install. I asked him to confirm appointments before leaving as to know if I needed to change my schedule to accomodate them again. He said he would let me know before he left. Well he sat in his truck possibly on the phone for about 30 minutes then drove off. That was last I have seen of him. I called the dispatch center to find out what was going on and was advised that the installer could not have set me up for another install date tomorrow because ATT was cancelling already scheduled appointments and not scheduling new appointments until the "flood" of problems was corrected with Uverse. I was given a phone number to the complaint department called the "Save" department only to get a recorded message saying they were not accepting any new calls or messages due to problems beyond their control and to call back at a later time. I called Direct TV and had my service re-instated without difficulty and received a second DVR, 3 months HBO/TMC/Showtime/Stars, plus two, one year long rebates total 23.00 / month for 12 months. ATT you are very unorganized and horrible with communication to customers. So far no one has attempted to contact me from ATT about the problems.

• Ru
    Runrrob Jan 26, 2009

ATT pretty much sucks. We had UVERSE installed recently and I have never seen such bad work. I now have cables laying on the ground and in bushes around my house. I have cable now stapled to baseboards in my house and I have cables just hanging down walls outside the house. I contacted my salesperson who told me to contact him if I had any problems at all and he is ignoring me. I am thinking I will probably just cancel the service and just call it a learning experience.

false advertising

at&t real yellow pages roped me into advertising with a ploy of for every dollar spent on my advertising it would generate 13.70 in sales well my company should of had 370, 000 in sales in 2008 i barely had 8000.00 now they are suing me and a lot of others who have lost their businesses and no one returns my calls except a lawyer for AT&T SO WATCH OUT THEY ARE LIARS I HAVE LOST EVERYTHING AND THEY DONT CARE HAD THREE CLICK IN ONE YEAR IN ONLINE AD AND THEY WERE FROM CHINA TRYING TO SELL ME GLASSFLAKE GREAT JOB AT&T

johnyboy Feb 21, 2009

AT&T's travel division www.yellowpages.travel took over $3, 000 from me to advertise my travel business and I was suppose to get top position. I never got top position and no one answers my calls anymore. I got about $1, 500 in business from it so im still down about $1, 500. AT&T YellowPages sucks!

• Re
    rexs Feb 23, 2010

I was looking online and found a website called seekshallfind.com. I went to the website and found that you can have an ebillboard for FREE. I was talking to my friend Mike. He told me that he has a ebillboard and likes it.

• La
    Larry Hammer Apr 22, 2010

The Real Yellow Pages
    I’m a small businessman and have been advertising with AT&T Pages for over 20 years. This month I received my bill and it was for $804, last year’s was $336. When I called to ask why I was told I didn’t qualify for the incentives that I had qualified for last year. Yep the books in print and my rep had said to me when we talked that everything was the same as last year. Seems to me these guys are desperate and willing to sacrifice tomorrow to get a stinking dollar today. This is my last year with them. So watch out if your rep says, “…everything is the same as last year.” Larry Hammer in Florissant, MO

• Tw
    twirly2u2 Feb 21, 2011

Any of you in the prior comments that are interested in finding a good lawyer that is willing to do a class action lawsuit contact me a [email protected] Let's take down AT&T advertising. Seriously we had them advertising one of our competitors ads for 6 months of our 12 month contract and they felt that giving us $99 was FAir?? Fair NOT AT ALL!!! This was detrimental to our company last year our business actaully made less then the year before. Did they hurt it?? Well they certainly didn't help it advertising someone elses ad instead of our. Confused our customers Yes it did. You darn tooting it did!! Can we prove they did this we have proof of the Ad that we screen copied and has time date and stamp. SEveral of these. Jack butts in AT&T they don't know how to optimize a site either and can they prove what they say about increasing your business. Merchant Circle did more for us then them. I don't even work for Merchant Circle so don't think I am blogging about them either but that is a good website. And that was all for free what we did on Merchant Circle to optimize our own site. Serious inquiries only please about a class action lawsuit against AT&T advertising.

thanks you,
    Sophisticated Plumbing
    [email protected]

false advertising

AT&T mailer says "Four channels can be recorded to the DVR or viewed simultaneously, up to 2 can be HD" When investigating further I was told that only 1 HD channel can be recorded or watched at 1 time. Sticking with cox for now then. At least I know what I'm getting.

• Cl
    Clay Wieland Feb 19, 2009

I received a letter from AT&T explaining how they had "Great News". I could upgrade to DSL Xtreme 6.0 for only $5 more per month.
    Well, naturally I called right away, to upgrade my up to now great service! Guess what they told me??? The 6.0 service is NOT available in my area!!
    Don't you think these idiots would check to see if the service was available BEFORE they spent millions on a mass mailing campaign promoting the upgrade availability?
    I live within one mile radius of the downtown AT&T switching station, which means I should be able to get screaming fast internet, right??? '
    Thats what I thought?? This is a clear case of FALSE ADVERTISING at its finest!

Anyone else out there frustrated with this problem??

• Na
    Nancy3205 May 30, 2015

Do not be fooled by ATT Uverse's online add for 89.00 a month and a $250.00 gift card as it is a scam! I ordered this and after it was installed was told my bill was 150.00 a month and I would get q $100.00 gift card. I called and spent two hours trying to get this resolved but was told what a great deal I was getting and basically to be happy! I ran employee and patient satisfaction for a major health care system for over 25 years and I know the value of a great happy customer! Their are a rip off and they have tripled their fees in the last 10 years more than any other public utility company! I will tell everyone I know and now I understand why everyone in my neighborhood is changing their service. When I think of the thousands of dollars I have paid them throughout my life and I get treated unprofessional by their retention team employee John I am furious. When I called as it told me I could not process the request on line he person I talked with keep promising me all these deals and then would come back and tell me oh sorry this is the best I can do. So no $250.00 gift card, no $89.00 a month bill it was all a scam. I am disabled and on a limited budget and yet I have never not paid a bill on time. I just looked on line and I can get a dish program for $39.00 a month. But John said you, won't get a free phone, well I never asked for the phone as I use my cell phone. I remember when it was one company just Pacific ?Bell and the government made them split as they felt they were a monopoly and could drive up prices. Well look at them now they even bought Dish TV. They have no respect for their long time customers! Shame on you ATT!

• I am so frustrated with at and t! We pay $400 a month for 4 lines. We are always over charged. A t and t customer loyalty department is a joke. I can't wait until a t and t have enough complaints to shut them down. I have proof of the latest false advertisement with this company.

Joe Ann Frost Dec 20, 2017

Currently on hold for over one hour and 25 minutes with ATT Direct TV. Was offered "come back to us" promotion in the mail with choice of channels at a guaranteed rate for 12 months then an increase for 12 months. Was to get free Movie channels for 90 days and a 200 Visa Rewards card. I am in the second 30 days of this renewal and I was insidiously billed (razzle dazzle) for the "free" movie channels and to this moment, I have no rewards card. After hanging on the phone to speak with someone for the first 50 minutes this morning, I got the Movie charges taken off. But, they denied that a rewards card was ever in the picture!!!

billing scam

My elderly mother-in-law had an AT&T Cellular phone. She has been ill this year, in and out of the hospital. Her previous live-in friend put the account on automatic direct pay from my mother-in-law's bank account in the spring to insure it was paid while she was in the various hospitals. All went well through the August 2008 payment. When AT&T submitted the e-check for Sept it apparently was returned for insufficient funds but we were never notified until the bill was sent to collections in early Nov. In researching the problem we have documented that the account never went below $8.5K during the period and that AT&T never attempted to access her accounts for payment after August 18th. An AT&T Customer Service Rep also provided the alleged bank account and routing numbers on which the Sept 08 e-check was submitted, and they do not match anything within that Bank's entire system. We have provided all the information and documentation to AT&T in writing on 3 occasions to date, and can not get any response or information from them. They have also refused to provide a copy of the e-check which was reportedly returned. To make matters worse, the outside collection agency has been verbally harrassing her with repeat phone calls, they have contacted the national credit bureau agencies, and she is now unable to write checks to pay for purchases or bills as they are being rejected and returned. And her account is still above $8K. We have now contacted the NH State A.G., Consumer Reports, the Better Business Bureau, our State Senator, and tomorrow a lawyer to pursue the case.

• Re
    ree campbell Dec 22, 2009

i feel that all persons who feel they are being ripped off we need to submit a civil action lawsuit ive been reading other compliants and they are truely deceving people ive got 3 bills in the pass 3 months and i have no service . in oct i had back surgery and was not getting a pay check . i too my last 100.00 and payed on my bill
    in oct 09 i got abill for 147.00 and paid 100.00 oweing 47.00 on the 24 oct my phone was cut off due to and when i went to pay my past due bill which was 190.00 they told me they canceled my service and it was not 190.00 it was 322.00. which was the 31 Nov 09.i told them no problem i see what i could do.then i asked if thats all i owed to catch up the bill he said yes then he told me let me see if i can help you get that amount down so i held on for him to return and when he can back on he then told me that id have to pay that plus 800.00. i asked him why so much he told me it was the credit deposit and it was based on my credit but once i put that up i would get it back in a year. and then he told me they had cancelled my contract as of that day i told him i did not have that sum of money and i only pay 99.00 for the phone and then i asked him if they cancelled my service on the 24 oct why was i still being billed for a service i no longer was getting he stated it was in my contract now i signed up back in 2005 which was 4 years a ago and all i have done since then was up graded twice and i don't remember alot of or any of the thing he quoted over the phone about me being billed and then he told me due to my phone being turned off twice for lateness that why my deposit was so high and thoes times i waswith cingular and it was for no more than a day or two. since i spoke with them and received that 322.00 bill in which i did not pay due to i had not used the phone since oct 09 i gotten a bill for 599.00 for Nov 09, and on the 5th dec 09 one for 1000.00 now a letter from a colection agency. ive taken to time to look at these bill and seen im being charged for internet, TV, downloads, and the phone does not wor and has not been working since the 24 oct 09 yes they are ripping people off and i ging to find out what needs to be done to stop this.
    an abused customer

• Ro
    ro1224 Nov 14, 2010

There is no denying that AT&T is often not the best company in terms of customer care, products or services. This "Cingular" makeover is, at best, a slap in the face to the history of AT&T back when it was the "Ma Bell" monopoly. Perhaps the 'break up" into these "baby Bells" did more harm than good, since they've joined forces with one another in various ways and not always with the best of outcomes.

I was once an AT&T Wireless customer (during the black Motorola RAZR craze), but I quickly got out of that contract when actual wireless service quality did not meet my expectations. Keep in mind that no wireless carrier in the U.S. offers any type of promise of network performance, but at the very minimum, they should be able to guarantee a quality customer service experience.

My current gripe is about a potentially fraudulent matter which I am hoping is more of a email scam/virus and not an actual case of identity theft. It's presently hard to tell if my gripe should be with AT&T, Maritz Research or just some opportunistic identity whore on the internet. On Nov 1 and Nov 4, I received two emails from the Maritz Research company - both referencing a recent purchase at the Tanasabourne Center Store in Oregon involving an AT&T RSC (Retail Sales?) rep by the name of Peter Erickson-Knight. Today I receive an email telling me that my AT&T wireless account was ready for review online. The several problems here are I have NEVER been to Oregon, NEVER purchased anything from the Tanasabourne Shopping Center and NEVER interacted with Peter Erickson-Knight. My last purchase/interaction with AT&T was before 2006 to the best of my knowledge; this was back when they were still using th CINGULAR name before the transition back to AT&T.

At first I dismissed the emails as spam and had no intention of interacting with AT&T or Maritz, but now I have to take time out of my day and drive to the local AT&T store and hope they can at least look in their computer system to see if the account quoted in the latest email is a real one and if so, what information they have on the person who may have used my Yahoo! email address in a fraudulent manner. If an actual case of fraud wasn't committed, then I can only assume that AT&T matched my Yahoo! email address to another customer with a similar or identical name. This won't be the first time that I've been linked to another person's information, and I'm sure it won't be the last given the often indifferent, often careless manner in which so many Americans approach their job responsibilities and the quality of their work product. Based on past interactions with AT&T, I just have to assume this ISN'T going to be easy.

• Pe
    PeterEK Apr 16, 2013

Howdy, This is the rep from this complaint. When I worked for AT&T there a lot of mixed up emails or incorrectly entered emails. I can assure you I always compared ID to accounts and verified customers thoroughly. Please remove this complaint so I don't have it coming up in Google searches. Thank You

• Pe
    perick Dec 18, 2013

Please remove this comment/complaint as it is causing me to come into question both professionally and socially. I will continue to post and email until it is done. Thank You.

• Co
    Cobra4414 Jun 03, 2016

I authorized a check to be drawn on my account dated for the 14th of the following month. Low and behold the payment processing center tried to put the check though on the 30th, the 6th and the 9th. Of course there was no money in the account because it was be the 14th. My bank charged me 25.00 each time. I called AT&T on the 9th and they said that they would reund the charges my bank charged me. They did for 50.00. Unknown to me, as I was on the phone with AT&T they tried to cash the check again. Another 25.00 charges to my account . I cal;led again and they wouldn't take a check over the phone because the last one was returned 3 times. This wasn't my fault, it was the payment deptartments fault; they tried to cash a check before the due date on the check and they also have tis on file when I posted the check for the 14th. What do I do now?

Ed

at&t won't close acct or remove charges

I tried to open a home phone line with AT&T. The line never worked. I canceled it. The rep who canceled told me I would not be charged because it never worked. Of course, I received a bill. I have tried repeatedly to call and get the matter resolved. I am told I am being charged, that maybe the line is active and maybe it isn't. They keep transferring me to other depts, putting me on hold, and refusing to help. Yesterday when I called from our new digital home phone line, I kept getting a message that the 800 number for AT&T wasn't a working number! I believe they blocked my number! I am on hold now and can't get the matter resolved. How do I resolve this?

• Ve
    veronicatarver09 Aug 05, 2009

I am going through the same exact thing but they disconnected me two months ago and are still charging me and the charges are double what they were before I got disconnected!

• Ve
    veronicatarver09 Aug 05, 2009

Oh and they are drafting it directly out of my bank account

lying scammers

In October 2007 we received a call from an AT&T salesman trying to sell us advertising for the following...

scam and stealing

I had 2 phone lines with AT & T. In May of 2008, I changed one (2378) to another company, with unlimited long distance and cable internet, and use that one for calls. I kept the other line (9744) to use as a computer and fax dedicated line. The fax has no phone, and has been unused for several months.

The dial-up was also removed later. In June, ATT correctly billed 9744 at $13.40. In July, they billed $95.65. I called and challenged the charges, and discovered they were for calls made on the other phone (2378). I was told the porting might not have been completed, contact the other provider, and the billing will be correct the next month.

However, in July, the charges were over $200, and were drafted from my checking account. Again, the calls were ones made on the 2378 phone, and when I complained to my bank, they reversed the draft. I verified that the only device connected to the 9744 line was the dormant fax. (There was no physical way to make calls on the 9744 line.) I just got billed $374.87 for calls made on the 2378 line(in August), and a notice that the current month (October) has a bill for $134.

This is a nightmare! ATT is ripping me off, and I can't even understand how they can achieve this???(I'm a tech, and the inference of fraudulent deviant use of technology seriously frightens me... as well as stealing money needed to pay my bills.)

Janet Feb 25, 2009

This appears to be their standard operating practice. I am so sick of dealing with AT&T that I am willing to pay MORE for a different provider. Everytime they call I know I am about to get screwed again. How is this legal?

• Ju
    Juan Gomez May 20, 2009

Is there any way we can do something?
    Or we just have to accept that there is nothing to do against such a big corporation?

AT & T is legally stealing money from thousands of people and in this global crisis is worse.

Will make me very happy if I can do something to prevent that behavior in a "free" country.

Juan C. Gomez

mindless automation

World's worst service

Nearly impossible to reach a non-automated human without wasting hours. No practical way to present highly focused very specific e-mails to anyone at at&t. The at&t left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Horrible frustrating procrustean voice menus (With numbers such as [protected]). Worst of all: "your call is very important to us" surrealism.

job offer rescinded

I have some personal news that i wanted to share with you, a cousin of mine applied for a position with att...

world connect srvice

I owned the origianal iphone but decided to upgrade. So, I bought a new 3G iphone (kept my same at&t number & gave my old iphone to my wife . and and switched my individual account to a family plan and got her a new phone number for the iphone i gave her. Since we like to call her parents in europe I added the "world connect" feature ($30 per month) to both lines. We noticed we were able to call out to europe on my phone but not hers. When I called AT&T they put me through to their "international dept". They tell me since her phone is not 90 days old yet thay can not add the "world connect "service to her phone. I explained I pay the bill for both phones under one account number and I have been a customer for well over two years!. They say they can do it if I fax them in proof of indentiy drivers licence utility bills etc. I get to it the next day. A few weeks later my wifes says her phone still does not call out to europe. I call them back and they tell me they only got my drivers licence and nothing else. I ask if I can re-fax what they missed .Theytell me it's too late and that I am getting penalized for not faxing it in on time. Then proceeded to tell me I have two wait an addtional 4 months to get the service now. Unbelivable!!.

• He
    herberth Mar 07, 2014

I've been an at&t customer for well over 10 years and their customer service it's been great all the time...Every time I call them they resolve any issue in one phone call. That's been my experience with them. ..

hd dvrs don't work

My apartment complex owns their cable lines, so the only chose for TV is to get crappy cable from my apartment, or Dish Network through AT&T Home Entertainment. I just bought a new HDTV, and wanted HD programming and also wanted a DVR because I travel a lot and like to record my favorite TV shows. So I ordered an HD DVR receiver (my apartment also owns the satellite which I thought was really nice since I didn't have to install a satellite on my balcony).

About once a month, I come home and my receiver refuses to turn on. I can hear the fan running continuously, and that's when I know its broken. I've been through the whole "unplug wait a minute, replug" about 20 times and guess what! I plug it back in and the fan starts running continuously and it still won't turn on. Last night I came home and I heard the fan running, I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't, so I called AT&T, tried to explain to them that I didn't want to go through the whole song and dance again and all I wanted was to put in a service order request, but they made me do it anyway.

Today, I called my apartment complex who explained that they rarely have problems with the regular DVR but the HD DVR breaks on everyone who has one. So I called back AT&T and said I didn't want them to replace my HD DVR (again) with a new one, I'd prefer to have a regular DVR. They tried to charge me 25 bucks fee! I said NO WAY its not my fault that their equipment is faulty. So after being on hold for about 8 mins they finally told me they were going to wave the fee. How gracious of them!

Point of the story, if you are going to go with the Dish Network, which I wouldn't recommend, Stay away from the HD DVR because their receivers break, and I have had them come and replace mine 5 times. I was paying about 80 bucks a month for receiver and service that doesn't work. And every time I have shows I want to watch that are recorded on my DVR, it breaks and I lose all my recordings. ANNOYING. One time I was without any TV for a week because they replaced my receiver with another broken receiver and then didn't have any available receivers to replace the 2nd broken one. I never thought I would say this, but I miss comcast!

• Ga
    gagegr Jun 01, 2010

I have also had bad luck with their HD DVR's. But not nearly this bad, I have had Dish for 6 years. The service and price have been great, but every 2 years i have had the DVR replaced. This was of course at no cost to me because the equipment was leased. My two cents.

Also, Dish has some of the best customer service in the industry, just make sure to call M-F 9-5 and you will get their American call centers. Also, if you do call late night or a holiday and you get the run around from an eastern european, just ask to talk to a supervisor, or say you want to speak to their customer retention department. You will save 20 minutes of usually pointless troubleshooting.

wrong billing from package sold by at&t representative

on Sept. 2, 2008, I called AT&T inquired on their TV ad on internet services for &19.95. Adam from AT&T...

service installation

Outrageous poor service adn communication---AT and T Uverse took and gave a huge amount of information. We...

free $50.00 gift card

Was told by Diane in August, 2008, I would be receiving a postcard to return to ATT for a free $50.00 Visa Gift card since I changed to a different service to save me money and have never received the postcard or any other information about the free gift card. I was told it would be up to 4 to 6 weeks. As you can see it has been over that time limit and no one at ATT can give me any information except to go on line to the reward center and see about the gift card and post card I have yet to receive.

Please let me know what I need to do about this situation. Also my phone rate went down one month due to an error on the long distance charges and this month, it went up also $20.00 because I was told by Mario my new rate had yet to take affect. Please advise me as to what I need to do to get this situation taken care of or I may have to cancel my phone service with ATT and just use my cell phone in the future.

Jackie Winningham [protected] 3)
[protected]
1803 South Jackson, Apt. 27E
Tulsa, OK 74107

• Ga
    Gail Tillman Oct 09, 2014

My question is why are these people personal info such as there phone numbers and address listed on the complaint where everyone can see.There name, number and address should be personal. Right now I am looking at a case or Mrs. Jackie Winningham. Her address is South Jackson St.apt 27E, Tulsa, Ok.Her phone number is 918-599-8277.i wrote it here so you can know I got it off this post.This should be private.

dsl service

ATT sucks!!! Well, at least their DSL service does... I should have known better since I'd already had...

rewards rebate

I too was told to go to www.att.com/rewardcenter for my dsl rebate after I agreed to their over the phone...